Home

Waiting for ps5?

This is a discussion on Waiting for ps5? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2019, 01:20 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Waiting for ps5?

Any one like waiting for ps5 to jump back in now? I dont play sports games that much any more just dont have a lot of free time like I used to and also sports games take up a lot of time. I do enjoy hockey but I dont understand all the rules and I am a much better nba fan and nfl fan. The last nhl game I got was nhl 16. I thought about getting 19 but with ps5 most likely comming no later then late next year I am just going to wait at this point. Any one else kind of fell the same way? I do wonder how nhl will do when ps5 first comes out though has in a lot of ways nhl on ps4 took kind of a step back on ps3 after improving a lot from ps2 to ps3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2019, 05:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Chiefaho's Arena

Re: Waiting for ps5?

Yea, I don't trust EA at all after what happened with the first hockey title to be on PS4, NHL 15. That was as bare-bones a sports game as you could get, and I wouldn't put it past EA to do it again. I'm not really planning to buy a PS5 right off the bat anyways, but once I do get one I will wait and see how the next game does with fans before buying. It most definitely will not be a release day purchase, probably not even a full price purchase for me unless they completely overhaul the game, which is unlikely.
Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
Cleveland Indians
San Francisco Giants
San Antonio Spurs
Crystal Palace
Schalke 04
Old 02-20-2019, 08:27 AM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Waiting for ps5?

I have learned not to be an early adopter to a new console. I waited 3 years ( from the PS3’s release) before I jumped from the PS2 to the PS3.

I got 10 years out of my PS2 but only 5 from my PS3.

We are on year 5 of the PS4 and there is no way I jump. I actually am satisfied with my game library for a while.

Contrary to popular opinion, the sports games on PS4 are vastly better than the PS3.

Other than The Show series NCAA 14 and NBA 2K11 I thought the PS3 generation was very meh when it came to football, basketball and hockey. NHL 11 was decent enough (that got the most play from me last gen) but nothing like 19.

I do miss Boxing though!!!

I just picked up NHL 19 and love it. My last version was 16 and this is a big upgrade IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 02-20-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:36 PM   #4
All Star

Re: Waiting for ps5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have learned not to be an early adopter to a new console. I waited 3 years ( from the PS3’s release) before I jumped from the PS2 to the PS3.

I got 10 years out of my PS2 but only 5 from my PS3.

We are on year 5 of the PS4 and there is no way I jump. I actually am satisfied with my game library for a while.

Contrary to popular opinion, the sports games on PS4 are vastly better than the PS3.

Other than The Show series NCAA 14 and NBA 2K11 I thought the PS3 generation was very meh when it came to football, basketball and hockey. NHL 11 was decent enough (that got the most play from me last gen) but nothing like 19.

I do miss Boxing though!!!

I just picked up NHL 19 and love it. My last version was 16 and this is a big upgrade IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I agree some what about ps4 sports games being better then ps3 but I also think sports games over all have went way down hill compared to ps2. I think I got a ps3 like a year after it came out part of that was I was still in high school when ps3 came out and didn't really have the money yet got out of high school in 2007. Ps4 I got day one and several of the Nintendo systems I have gotten day 1. Some times I have said I will wait but I tend to give in to new systems. I am not sure if I am going to get ps5 day 1 part of it depends on launch games and price and if it can like ps4 games or not. If the system has like Horizon zero dawn 2 at launch then I will get it at launch for sure. Last NHL I got was 2016 and I thought about getting NHL 2019 but was thinking it may be better of to just wait for nhl on ps5 has most likely ps5 will come out next year. Even if it does come out next year though it may be bare bones like someone else was saying and might be better to wait for the 2nd nhl game on ps5 and that could be not un till late 2021 so nhl 2022. How much better are the graphics and presentation in nhl 19 then 16? What about franchise mode? I have heard there is like a new like way to scout players in franchise mode but is there like any thing different besides that in franchise mode from 2016-19?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »