Home

Did James Harden Steph Curry NBA 2K?

This is a discussion on Did James Harden Steph Curry NBA 2K? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2019, 12:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Did James Harden Steph Curry NBA 2K?

We are coming into the home stretch of the season, and after watching the Rockets and James Harden find a way to win has been astounding & odd at the same time.

Remember when Steph first started shooting from dam near halfcourt and you couldn't properly replicate him on 2K? They literally had to come out with a new 2K in order for him to play like his real life counterpart.

I've tried, and I can't draw the fouls like he does, nor can I get the subtle quick step back to drop at a 40% clip. It's more like 15-20% However, the NBA itself seems to adapt to his style; there seems to be more step-backs this year and MUCH more fouls called on 3-pt attempts.

1. So, my question to you OS, is in NBA 2K19 can YOU replicate James Harden style of ball this year against the CPU on Superstar level or better?

2. If you've answered no to the first question, how would you feel about NBA 2K adapting this style of basketball for next year? Pro-AM/Rec/Park players, I'm looking at you.

Disclaimer: I play on HOF offline 95% of the time, but I don't blame it on that because every other player I've practiced/played with I can play their style well.

Last edited by Nevertheles109; 02-20-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #2
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Re: Did James Harden Steph Curry NBA 2K?

Hardens style of ball is a little hard to replicate on default difficulties, cuz of the CPU being so great at on ball D, block timing inside the paint and cuz of the lack of fouls on 3pt plays. His draw foul rating is high, but the CPU will usually time a perfect block on you majority of times when it does jump. Unlike against users, you have to really make sure you choose the right layup going inside vs the CPU or it'll block you most times. I find I have more success replicating Hardens style vs other users, than against the CPU. When I play against other users, they'll jump with bad timing and foul me a lot and they'll be a lot more susceptible to the stepback.

Last edited by WarMMA; 02-20-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:14 PM   #3
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

No, I can't replicate Harden's style of play because i take smart shots and shoot a high percentage. The game already has way too many bail outs for taking tough shots in traffic. About everything Harden takes is contested, and he shoots a pretty pedestrian percentage on his shots. If the game adapted more to his style we'll see pure sharps driving more to get fouls and step back threes hoping for a bail out foul.

Lots of people play just like Harden does... Driving into 18 people and trying to draw fouls.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:58 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
No, I can't replicate Harden's style of play because i take smart shots and shoot a high percentage. The game already has way too many bail outs for taking tough shots in traffic. About everything Harden takes is contested, and he shoots a pretty pedestrian percentage on his shots. If the game adapted more to his style we'll see pure sharps driving more to get fouls and step back threes hoping for a bail out foul.

Lots of people play just like Harden does... Driving into 18 people and trying to draw fouls.
You may have missed the point of the thread..

I can as well, but whether you or I like it or not, his style of play has his team in the 4th spot in the west, in the MVP convo (again) And averaging over 35 PPG. By the way, his step back three point percentage is 38%. It’s a viable tool to his game.

So, at this point his game style needs to be replicated for him specifically. Now the rest (online create a player modes) is kind of why I created this thread.

Just like when Steph started doing it, it made that style of cool. Are you guys ready for your online modes to smattered with a bunch of James Harden-esque players?
Old 02-20-2019, 09:37 PM   #5
Pro

Hopefully they can atleast address how stupidly slow the step back and side step shots are. Vs user with no lag they can take several steps before you complete the gather and pull up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2019, 11:10 PM   #6
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
You may have missed the point of the thread..

I can as well, but whether you or I like it or not, his style of play has his team in the 4th spot in the west, in the MVP convo (again) And averaging over 35 PPG. By the way, his step back three point percentage is 38%. It’s a viable tool to his game.

So, at this point his game style needs to be replicated for him specifically. Now the rest (online create a player modes) is kind of why I created this thread.

Just like when Steph started doing it, it made that style of cool. Are you guys ready for your online modes to smattered with a bunch of James Harden-esque players?
I get what you are saying man and personally I was able to replicate him better last year because they actually had shooting fouls and foul contact on jumpshots..the cpu was also better last year at replicating him as well..the lack of fouls is killing this game.and takes away from the sim and immersion..I used him a couple of times with 19 but its not the same its just off physics and animation wise..
Old 02-21-2019, 06:57 AM   #7
Rookie

Great thread... definitely would like to see more shooting fouls drawn on defenders who rush out to aggressively on stepbacks.

Perhaps increasing the likelihood of drawing fouls on defenders who jump to contest stepbacks as opposed to those who just stick a hand out
Old 02-21-2019, 11:05 AM   #8
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

There definitely needs to be more shooting fouls on aggresive defenders. Right now getting a shooting foul on jumpshots are rare.

Last edited by WarMMA; 02-22-2019 at 12:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »