Home

EA UFC 4 Universe MODE

This is a discussion on EA UFC 4 Universe MODE within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Playing options:
I personally dont mind watching the fights as the CPU go at it, and me being the fake Dana white/sean selby seeing how the fights plays out. I'll simulate certain fights im not too intrested in. However i know people will like to fight in certain fights so maybe there should be a playing version and a CPU vs CPU version for both type of players.

Universe Mode
This game mode should be money driven, so this means you start with a intial budget. the only way for the game mode to end is if you go in debt and have to sell your rights to the company, but if you dont get too heavy in debt the game mode will keep going until you get bored and/or start another one.

Gameplay fundamentals:

Inbuilt Event Mode:
There should be a inbuilt event mode feature in this where you are able to fill out PPV cards, Fight night cards and Fight pass cards within the scheudle. Money revenue should vary bewteen these cards from PPV, fight night cards and fight pass cards. PPV potentially being the most lucatrive for revenue and fight pass shows just to nurture young talent or keep the company rolling.
PPV should be limited too once a month, Popularity of fighters in total on the card will be a big factor on how the PPV sells, PPV ratings will determine on how the fights ended up e.g. alot of finishes = high ratings.
The game should generate on who gets fight of the night/ KO of the night / Submission of the night. This can lead to a popularity boost to the fighters awarded these awards.

Popularity system:

This will be very important and will need to be thought out properly, this is a rough example of how it should work.
Fighters should get +1 points for:

Winning a fight
getting a finish SUB/KO
Earning and defending the belt.

So these can stack up for instance a fighter with the belt winning via ko will earn +3 popularity points to his exsisting popularity.

Fighters should get +2 points for:

Winning as a underdog (this should be decided by rankings or OVR difference)
Win streak of 5 or more(so you constatly get +2s on a win streak when you get 5 wins then more)
Breaking records such as title defense, most KOs/Subs etc (these can be set as default as the current records when the game is released)

Fighters should get -1 points for:

Losing a fight
Getting KOed/Subbed
losing the belt

So losing a fight and getting KOed will mean -2 to the fighters popularity

Fighters should get -2 points for:

Losing as a big favourite
losing 3 or more fights in a row

This popularity system ties into revenue meaning having fighters with high popularity on a PPV card will mean more money coming back into your budget, so you have to be smart with how you put cards together and how you will try to build stars without taking a hit in bad PPV returns. It would be best to build potential talent in fight pass/fight night cards before transitioning them to PPV or be smart by packing out the card with your stars then have your potential talent within the card.
Also pairing up 2 fighers in a main event/ co main event with high popularity will give a boost in intrest in the PPV card which can make more profit on the card. But in return taking a hit to one of your stars.

Negiotating:
This should be a big part in signing fighters and renewing contracts, Fighters with higher popularity should be more expensive compared to new fighters/ or fighters with low popularity.
Also as there would be different fake Orgs preferably at least 3-5, signing generated CAFs with a high OVR & popularity that may be champion would cost more compared to a prospect that potentially can be a star.
Also if you dont decide to renew someones contract they should join a different organisation.
This and making Fight cards will be the factor on how smart you are as a business person and how well you can run the UFC.

Stat boosts/declines
I feel fighters should get temporary stat changes to their OVRs after winning a fight. these should be small changes but can add up if the fighter is on a win streak. Fighters should get a slight temporary decrease if they lose a fight. I feel fighters should only start getting a noticeable decreasing ovr change if they are on a 3 fight lose streak or more.

Also, there can be a growth stat for fighters meaning mostly young Cafs/fighters could have a high growth stat . Thus making their stat increases slightly more compared to someone with a low growth stat.
Age can have a factor, maybe when you hit a certain age your stats halt or start declining slightly. The potential growth stat decreases over time.
This will make signing Cafs with high potential growth stats more intresting to see their potential growth. You will have to put on the right fights for them to potential grow and try make them a star.
(This one will need thinking from the EA team and expirementing with different ideas).

Rankings
The rankings should start as it is in the current UFC rankings, the rankings should be generated itself when someone in the top 15 is beaten but you always decide the match ups.

Injuries & Interaction with fighters
There should be instances when a fighter could get injured prior to a event and you have to decide to put in a replacement or make a new fight. Fighters can be sidelined out of action for awhile depending on the severity of the injury. This means fighters with high popularity / champions getting injured can hurt the business. However Interim titles can be made thus making the return of a champ vs the interim champ more intresting for PPV sales.

Also there should be a email section which you can recive emails from fighters maybe asking for a top 15 fight/title shot/specific opponent etc.
Maybe there could be a happiness/angry meter of some sort but i dont want to overload you EA . (if it did happen this can factor how well you can negotiate with fighters bringing their fight money down or not increasing that much, etc).

Facilities:

We should be able to start a performance institute which may take a chunk out of our budget money but in return making fighters less prone to injury.
(If you got any other facility ideas below comment below).

Editing (not very important):
We should be able to edit a generated CAF to our liking but i dont think there should be drastic changes just like different hairstyles/add tatoos etc.

Last edited by Trillz; 02-24-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #2
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Re: EA UFC 4 Universe MODE

Good write up, but I dont see why we would need a separate version for CPU vs CPU. You should just be able to choose whether you sim a fight, watch it play out or play it yourself.

But yeah, keep them Universe ideas coming!
Old 02-24-2019, 01:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
Playing options:
I personally dont mind watching the fights as the CPU go at it, and me being the fake Dana white/sean selby seeing how the fights plays out. I'll simulate certain fights im not too intrested in. However i know people will like to fight in certain fights so maybe there should be a playing version and a CPU vs CPU version for both type of players.

Universe Mode
This game mode should be money driven, so this means you start with a intial budget. the only way for the game mode to end is if you go in debt and have to sell your rights to the company, but if you dont get too heavy in debt the game mode will keep going until you get bored and/or start another one.

Gameplay fundamentals:

Inbuilt Event Mode:
There should be a inbuilt event mode feature in this where you are able to fill out PPV cards, Fight night cards and Fight pass cards within the scheudle. Money revenue should vary bewteen these cards from PPV, fight night cards and fight pass cards. PPV potentially being the most lucatrive for revenue and fight pass shows just to nurture young talent or keep the company rolling.
PPV should be limited too once a month, Popularity of fighters in total on the card will be a big factor on how the PPV sells, PPV ratings will determine on how the fights ended up e.g. alot of finishes = high ratings.
The game should generate on who gets fight of the night/ KO of the night / Submission of the night. This can lead to a popularity boost to the fighters awarded these awards.

Popularity system:

This will be very important and will need to be thought out properly, this is a rough example of how it should work.

Winning a fight
getting a finish SUB/KO

So these can stack up for instance a fighter with the belt winning via ko will earn +3 popularity points to his exsisting popularity.

Win streak of 5 or more(so you constatly get +2s on a win streak when you get 5 wins then more)
Breaking records such as title defense, most KOs/Subs etc (these can be set as default as the current records when the game is released)

Losing a fight
Getting KOed/Subbed
losing the belt

This popularity system ties into revenue meaning having fighters with high popularity on a PPV card will mean more money coming back into your budget, so you have to be smart with how you put cards together and how you will try to build stars without taking a hit in bad PPV returns. It would be best to build potential talent in fight pass/fight night cards before transitioning them to PPV or be smart by packing out the card with your stars then have your potential talent within the card.
Also pairing up 2 fighers in a main event/ co main event with high popularity will give a boost in intrest in the PPV card which can make more profit on the card. But in return taking a hit to one of your stars.

Negiotating:
This should be a big part in signing fighters and renewing contracts, Fighters with higher popularity should be more expensive compared to new fighters/ or fighters with low popularity.
Also as there would be different fake Orgs preferably at least 3-5, signing generated CAFs with a high OVR & popularity that may be champion would cost more compared to a prospect that potentially can be a star.
Also if you dont decide to renew someones contract they should join a different organisation.
This and making Fight cards will be the factor on how smart you are as a business person and how well you can run the UFC.

Stat boosts/declines
I feel fighters should get temporary stat changes to their OVRs after winning a fight. these should be small changes but can add up if the fighter is on a win streak. Fighters should get a slight temporary decrease if they lose a fight. I feel fighters should only start getting a noticeable decreasing ovr change if they are on a 3 fight lose streak or more.

Also, there can be a growth stat for fighters meaning mostly young Cafs/fighters could have a high growth stat . Thus making their stat increases slightly more compared to someone with a low growth stat.
Age can have a factor, maybe when you hit a certain age your stats halt or start declining slightly. The potential growth stat decreases over time.
This will make signing Cafs with high potential growth stats more intresting to see their potential growth. You will have to put on the right fights for them to potential grow and try make them a star.
(This one will need thinking from the EA team and expirementing with different ideas).

Rankings
The rankings should start as it is in the current UFC rankings, the rankings should be generated itself when someone in the top 15 is beaten but you always decide the match ups.

There should be instances when a fighter could get injured prior to a event and you have to decide to put in a replacement or make a new fight. Fighters can be sidelined out of action for awhile depending on the severity of the injury. This means fighters with high popularity / champions getting injured can hurt the business. However Interim titles can be made thus making the return of a champ vs the interim champ more intresting for PPV sales.

Also there should be a email section which you can recive emails from fighters maybe asking for a top 15 fight/title shot/specific opponent etc.
Maybe there could be a happiness/angry meter of some sort but i dont want to overload you EA . (if it did happen this can factor how well you can negotiate with fighters bringing their fight money down or not increasing that much, etc).

Facilities:

We should be able to start a performance institute which may take a chunk out of our budget money but in return making fighters less prone to injury.

We should be able to edit a generated CAF to our liking but i dont think there should be drastic changes just like different hairstyles/add tatoos etc.
Good ideas. So like if we book an event in MSG then we'll have GSP or Conor fight. Right? Also it would be good if we get better ratings or more money for booking fighters in their own countries or hometowns. Like for Brazil we can have a card with Aldo and Maia. For an event in London, we can book Darren Till. For MSG, we can have Weidman fight.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-24-2019, 01:16 PM   #4
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPMGANZ
Good ideas. So like if we book an event in MSG then we'll have GSP or Conor fight. Right? Also it would be good if we get better ratings or more money for booking fighters in their own countries or hometowns. Like for Brazil we can have a card with Aldo and Maia. For an event in London, we can book Darren Till. For MSG, we can have Weidman fight.

Yes thats the idea, it will make you think how to matchmake aswell.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Yes thats the idea, it will make you think how to matchmake aswell.
If we get universe mode and caf share, then I think I am set for a while. Of coarse we need some gameplay updates but for now, I want universe mode!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Playing options:

Universe Mode

Gameplay fundamentals:

Inbuilt Event Mode:

Popularity system:

Winning a fight
getting a finish SUB/KO

Losing a fight
Getting KOed/Subbed
losing the belt

Negiotating:

Stat boosts/declines

Rankings

Facilities:

There should also be a set amount of time for each fighter before they can get back into the octagon. Like the really big stars can only fight twice a year (something like that). But up and comers can fight 3 or 4 times a year. It should also depend on how much damage they take during a fight.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:34 PM   #7
MVP

I would imagine the mode would require a lot of computer generated fighters at some point (by the way do we even need fighters to age in that mode?) so they better not look like the cartoons we have now, and like actual people.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I would imagine the mode would require a lot of computer generated fighters at some point (by the way do we even need fighters to age in that mode?) so they better not look like the cartoons we have now, and like actual people.
I think you should be able to turn that off and on. I like realism, but I don't feel like playing with generated CAFs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »