Home

Confirmed new throwbacks for 19

This is a discussion on Confirmed new throwbacks for 19 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2019, 03:36 AM   #1
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Confirmed new throwbacks for 19

So far what I've noticed:

Montreal Expos - Vlad era (From Colon trailer)

Two Mariners throwbacks (From moments trailer)

Washington Senators throwback

The Mariners look like they have at least the home unis from Griffeys early years in game and hopefully the aways too. There is also evidence of their mid-late 90's sets in there as well judging by the blue cap with teal bill (in game already, yes) but lack of the disaster MLB tag on the belt loop. Encouraging, no doubt.

That's what we know so far. Here's what's more encouraging. Devs always say "But the style guide" when pressed on uniforms. So throwback fans and Reds fans may be in some major luck. Check this out -

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/the-reds-wi...19/c-300273754

If they are true to the guide, we will be getting those sick 90's unis with the pinstripes and also the sweet sleeved jerseys with the black in them. Huge win for the Reds.

Obviously there's more (hopefully) to be released and always the possibly they may throw in some throwback alts as well.

Let me know if there's any I missed or need to update.

Last edited by baumy300; 02-28-2019 at 05:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2019, 08:28 AM   #2
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Confirmed new throwbacks for 19

There weren’t any Washington Senators’ jersey in MLB 18, in the Walter Johnson reveal he was wearing one.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:10 AM   #3
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
So far what I've noticed:

Montreal Expos - Vlad era (From Colon trailer)

Two Mariners throwbacks (From moments trailer)

The Mariners look like they have at least the home unis from Griffeys early years in game and hopefully the aways too. There is also evidence of their mid-late 90's sets in there as well judging by the blue cap with teal bill (in game already, yes) but lack of the disaster MLB tag on the belt loop. Encouraging, no doubt.

That's what we know so far. Here's what's more encouraging. Devs always say "But the style guide" when pressed on uniforms. So throwback fans and Reds fans may be in some major luck. Check this out -

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/the-reds-wi...19/c-300273754

If they are true to the guide, we will be getting those sick 90's unis with the pinstripes and also the sweet sleeved jerseys with the black in them. Huge win for the Reds.

Obviously there's more (hopefully) to be released and always the possibly they may throw in some throwback alts as well.

Let me know if there's any I missed or need to update.

I don't know how much has changed in their uniform creation since 2014, but when the Cubs celebrated the 100th year of Wrigley they had 10 throwback uniforms and none of them made the Show until last year when they added the 1929 unis. I'm hopeful they add these for the Reds but i don't know if they will.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:17 AM   #4
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Throwback uniforms are great and all, but adding more throwback options when modern uniform options are still missing (like the Jays and Cardinals alternate caps) is kind of a no go from me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more throwbacks, just not while modern options are still missing and being ignored.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-28-2019, 09:38 AM   #5
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

The Expos were in last year as well, so not exactly new. Unless it's a different version.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2019, 10:24 AM   #6
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Throwback uniforms are great and all, but adding more throwback options when modern uniform options are still missing (like the Jays and Cardinals alternate caps) is kind of a no go from me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more throwbacks, just not while modern options are still missing and being ignored.

Yes, thank you. There is no excuse for the Jays white panel alternate cap to not be in the game.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:34 AM   #7
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind

They’re also missing the DBacks weekend snake cap, Rays navy “Sting Ray” cap, and the Rockies 25th anniversary cap.

Although I feel like the Rockies cap was only for last year.

They’ve gotten good with jerseys but are lacking with caps.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:34 AM   #8
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11

Feel like we go through this every year. I agree with the above poster that get all current stuff correct then start working on throwbacks. The two Cardinals hats that weren’t in the game but were in the game was really bad. SDS acknowledges they exist with the cards and fans wearing them in the stands.

The style guide will always be the reason we are missing things. At this point just feels like it’s a losing battle. The hats existed in the style guide just like years ago the Mets were missing a uni that was in there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »