Home

This game in an unrealistic joke

This is a discussion on This game in an unrealistic joke within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 11:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
This game in an unrealistic joke

Linebackers who jump 15 feet in the air and intercept passes headed 20 yards past them, lineman and LBs with their backs to the QB magically intercepting passes 20 yards from them because they are "lurking", an absurd "hit stick" that allows people with no clue how to play defense to just sit back, switch to the closest defender and cause fumbles etc....

We REALLY need to bring 2K back so this trash Madden has some competition and they are forced to make a game that isn't NFL Blitz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2019, 12:10 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: This game in an unrealistic joke

I totally agree, so much is wrong with this game. Ball trajectories need a complete overhaul. That would eliminate the super lb jumps. Currently there are way too many int animations that trigger, which need to be replaced by pass deflections. The whole click on and hold ball hawk function needs to be replaced with the swat mechanic. True int animations need to be triggered mainly by only squared up defenders/ truly elite dbs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
MVP

More deflections would be nice, but most players who get their guy into position expect to get the INT. This is 100% a user base problem. It's so bad that they add a mechanic whereby holding a button adds a good 3-5 yds to your defenders range, depending on circumstance.

If you really want to play without seeing any of that stuff you can edit rosters before games to make sure no LB is above 74 JMP and shut ball hawk off. I'm telling you now if you do this you're going to come to realize just how much you depend on those abilities as well. Expect to give up way more in the passing game as a result. Fast TEs will be an absolute nightmare.

If you are the sort of player who thinks "robo QB" is a real thing then this might not be for you.

The other thread you started, BTW, has generated some of the better discussion that's gone on around here for the past few weeks, so thanks for that. If you haven't been keeping up you should pop in just read the posts that aren't bashing the game, but rather just talking about it.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:00 PM   #4
Pro

Honestly, every time I see a "I hate this game" thread, I respond that your anger should not be towards EA-- Blame 2k and blame the NFL.

For whatever reasons, the NFL is the one to decide it wanted exclusivity. Not really sure why. I highly doubt the NFL brand was hurt back when Madden, 2k, and 989 sports were making games.

But blame 2k as well. Instead of viewing it as an opportunity when Madden bought the license, 2k simply threw up their hands and said 'welp... guess we need to pack up" Then three years later, the come out with a half butted effort in APF 2k8.

Hate to say it, but spread that anger around.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #5
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I have good success using the "lob" and "touch" pass options to avoid LBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2019, 01:28 PM   #6
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I stopped playing Newer Madden games because they remind me of 2k football too much.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
For whatever reasons, the NFL is the one to decide it wanted exclusivity. Not really sure why. I highly doubt the NFL brand was hurt back when Madden, 2k, and 989 sports were making games.

Money...the answer is money. EA was a bigger company and said here's way more money than the others can offer to allow only us to make NFL games.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:38 PM   #8
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Not another one of these threads.... but here goes.

2k angered the NFL by selling their game for half the price of EA's. Meant less money for the NFL. I'm not mad at EA one bit. Sorry, anyone in their position would of tried to do the same thing. That's the name of the game in business is to make money and anyone that don't believe that isn't being truthful. I'm competing with competition everyday in my line of work and would love to be the only one being able to sell the product.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 02-28-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »