Home

OS Community Tuning Update - A Work in Progress

This is a discussion on OS Community Tuning Update - A Work in Progress within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #1
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

OVR: 0

I decided to see what would happen if I tried to open the tuning update with the editor and was pleasantly surprised to find out it worked! That lead me to think that we, as a community, might be able to tweak the tuning file to open up the game play in a way we have been unable to achieve with just sliders and roster edits. We may also be able to change the way the system generates players, so they are more realistic to today's game. Now that it's contents have been exposed, what do they mean and what do they do. Here's what I know (which is very little so far):

- There are 8 tables in the file. Most of the fields within the tables are not found in other tables accessible by the editor (such as the roster or dynasty files), but some are.
- Several of the tables have fields with MIN and MAX in the name, suggesting ratings or settings could be affected throughout a dynasty.
- Table CNTY appears to be related to coaching contracts. Changes may allow for the CPU to offer longer contract terms, such as Jimbo's 10 year deal.
- Table JSCL is related to coaches, as it contains the field COPS (Coach Position ID)
- Table PDBP may assign higher percentages to pitches based on recruit star rating.
- Tables PGII, and PPII contain the field RCCB (Recruit Star Rating) and could affect how recruits are generated throughout a dynasty
- Table PPII also contains fields PPOS (Position ID and PTEN (Player Tendency ID). This table only includes entries for QB's and HB's.
- Table CPET appears to be related to the tradition grade (field PTDV on the Team table). It has the same 0-11 scale, and seems to be applying experience points based on the grade value. Not sure what this affects yet.

I have not tried changing any of the settings as of yet. I have attached a zip with a config file to open the tuning update and a table dump (thanks Skulletor) of the data within the file.

If anyone discovers what field names are and what the settings do, please share them within this thread! Good luck and game on!
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA14 Tuning Pack.zip (3.3 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by FarFromEer; 03-13-2019 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Updated information
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: OS Community Tuning Update - A Work in Progress

Wow I’m surprised nobody has ever thought about trying this. I don’t have a 360 hooked up for testing but hopefully you guys are able to uncover a few new discoveries to keep this game alive and well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Pretty crazy, would love to see what comes of this.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:37 PM   #4
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Definitely following this

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #5
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

Without testing, table PDBP probably affects what recruits are looking for in a team. The table only has five lines and the unique field for each is recruit star rating. The field DKPX has the highest number, with 50 being highest for 1 star recruits and 5 being the lowest for 4 & 5 star recruits. I did an analysis of recruiting classes some time ago, and the data in field DKPX aligns well with Proximity to Home in number of results, with it being the top thing 1 stars look for and a much lower thing 4 & 5 stars look for. There are only 13 fields in the table, but 14 possible matches, so one is definitely still hard coded into the game:

Academic Prestige
Athletic Facilities
Campus Lifestyle
Championship Contender
Coach Prestige
Coach Stability
Conference Prestige
Playing Style
Playing Time
Pro Potential
Program Tradition
Proximity to Home
Stadium Atmosphere
Television Exposure

This will require some testing to match them up. Some seem logical based on the 2 letters at the end of the field name, but a couple were not so easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2019, 07:47 PM   #6
Just started!

Sorry to jump in here, but where do I actually find the tuning-update that I can load into the game?
Old 04-17-2019, 11:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveedub
Sorry to jump in here, but where do I actually find the tuning-update that I can load into the game?
Same. Like a ******* I deleted the tuner file years ago and since EA servers are dead, I can’t even find the actual tuner file anywhere
Old 04-23-2019, 07:26 AM   #8
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Well this could certainly be incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »