Home

So this is yalls idea of realistic?

This is a discussion on So this is yalls idea of realistic? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2019, 01:05 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
So this is yalls idea of realistic?

This is ridiculous. Madden FINALLY does something that makes the game realistic and it scared all yall out of online play because players were actually going down realistically. Now i have to deal with gronkowski getting knocked back like a feather from a 5 8 DB which FINALLY was improved in madden. There is NO momentum again. Last week i was having my rb go up the hole untouched by a defender to have to face the safety and what happens? The RB lowers his shoulder and gets a couple more yards as he should. Now that safety just plants him to the ground

Madden please give us some option so sim fans can have a realistic game and these other guys can have there superman defenders. This is infuriating and it makes me realize madden is catering to fans to an extent that they cant make a realistic game because instead of people adjusting how they play madden and seeing it for what it is,instead they get pissed because real life is happening and its causing realistic outcomes they werent used to.

I can deal with a player getting 2 more yds then he should because i can chalk it up to a player fighting for yds. What i cant do is scew my eyes enough that this mega tackling is realistic

Put this feature on sim and put the mega tackling on competetive. Please...

https://youtu.be/bi-t5RTwMN8

https://youtu.be/Aj8ZGCgMpP8

This is on all pro cpu vs cpu. Every player has high motor, fight for extra yds, and brace always with 44 tackling. This is 95% of the animations i am seeing. This is not even close to more realistic than what we had last week

Last edited by 83evans; 03-15-2019 at 01:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2019, 02:14 AM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: So this is yalls idea of realistic?

Couldn’t agree more.

In real life there are tons of missed tackle by defenders in madden 1-1 tackles are guaranteed. And in 2019 all defenders are WWF wrestlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2019, 07:51 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

It looked like those defenders had somewhat of a running start at the RB...and if so, I could believe that that is how the tackle could have played out. The OL blocking is the culprit here. Both defenders shredded their blocks and launched into the RB.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:03 AM   #4
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
It looked like those defenders had somewhat of a running start at the RB...and if so, I could believe that that is how the tackle could have played out. The OL blocking is the culprit here. Both defenders shredded their blocks and launched into the RB.
The Defender sheds the tackle and is stand still waiting for the RB already running from 5 yds away and he falls backwards.

It can happen? yeah, sure, but its the norm? no it's not. In NFL games Ball carriers rarely fall back when momentum, unless special tackles, that's why these tackles in the NFL are meaning for joy for defenders, because it's not normal.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree with the original post and I was afraid this would happen. I preferred it last week, the weird spin the opposite way tackle didn't happen to me that often and I could live with it. Now we are back to the "stop the runner dead in his tracks" tackles that look just as bad or worse to me. I played a game last night and Ezekiel Elliott broke off a 9 yard run only to be grabbed from behind by a smaller DB and stopped dead in his tracks in a reverse suction tackle...not getting to the first down marker. Wasn't ball carrier momentum an advertised feature this year?

Last week I saw the reported sack glitch maybe a couple of times and short yardage certainly wasn't automatic with tackles set at 50. As mentioned on here numerous times, I wish there was a way to pick which patch we wanted to go with. Really disappointed with this "fix".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2019, 10:23 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

There are very few players in the nfl that if going one on one with literally any player, would just get planted backward. Even Sproles vs Aaron Donald, its more likely that Sproles would side step and get a couple yards falling, or do the up and under animation. Rather than Donald just engulfing him in his body and violently throwing him back. This is because ball carriers will do ANYTHING possible to avoid a hit like that because this animation most of the times should be a concussion. Not only that but the other animation is so soft that literally looks like when they did it in mo cap, they did it in slow motion or something
Old 03-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #7
Pro

I wonder how many of these outraged fans where slamming the joy stick up every single tackle which triggered it more for them. For cpu vs cpu or coach mode players,the animation triggered naturally.

Put this patch in competetive and give sim fans the previous patch because its not fair that people cant seem to agree, and now we people like me that LOVED the animations in the last patch have to deal with the same thing thats been pissing me off for years

I have every player in the game with fight for extra yards and i just had to move the slider down to 20 to limit that stupid animation (still happens at times). But i will not have 6-8 TEs getting driven backwards like a 5 yr old
Old 03-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm playing my first game now and they definitely didn't go back to the "stop them dead" tackles all the time.

One observation I've made during this discussion is that AI defenders don't really lower their pad level when attempting tackles. They always come in way to high. If the AI did more dive tackles and low hit sticks we would see more animations.

Last edited by stinkubus; 03-15-2019 at 11:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »