Home

DD, where to start

This is a discussion on DD, where to start within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2019, 03:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
DD, where to start

Every year I try to get into DD, and every year I give up because it seems so overwhelming.

Can someone help me by giving some.suggestions on what to do first, sec etc. I am not interested in playing online so is there any point in DD for me since I cant seem to find a place to use my best line up if that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2019, 05:28 PM   #2
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: DD, where to start

Conquest is offline and you can get some good rewards from it.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 03-24-2019, 09:51 PM   #3
Rookie

I'll be starting with Conquest for sure.

I've seen other people talking about March to October (as part of completng Team Affinity). Can somebody explain this to me? Is it a DD game mode?

Also - for North American players, unsure if you've already seen this but there was a link to some free stuff up front. See below. I'm not sure if it still works as it may have only been limited time. There are also links for free stuff coming out on Playstation twitter each day (retweeted by MLB the show and MLB the show Tips twitter accounts).

Unfortunately, it seems to be only for North American players which is total bollocks (I'm Australian). Hardly fair to be giving free stuff to one set of users and not others since we all play on the same platform/market

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ne...b-the-show-19/

Cheers
MD4
Old 03-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

March to October isn't strictly a DD mode, but completing it helps in the Team Affinity programs, which are replacing the team epics. I think other than moments and conquest, doing a Cardinals March to October will be my main priority because I want to get that Bob Gibson.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks Dan - I noticed you mentioned you'll probably do a Cardinals March to October. Does this mean you just use the Cardinals roster per the game, OR are you the "Cardinals" but you can still pick from any of your DD cards?

Is it literally a full season with the team or bits along the "march". Just trying to gauge how much time commitment to complete one.

Cheers
MD4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2019, 07:40 PM   #6
Rookie

Also....looks like you're able to download the game now if you got a digital edition. Mine is downloading and then just says "Playable in 13 hours".

Cheers
MD4
Old 03-25-2019, 08:40 PM   #7
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdavo4
Thanks Dan - I noticed you mentioned you'll probably do a Cardinals March to October. Does this mean you just use the Cardinals roster per the game, OR are you the "Cardinals" but you can still pick from any of your DD cards?

Is it literally a full season with the team or bits along the "march". Just trying to gauge how much time commitment to complete one.

Cheers
MD4
You use the team you pick, not your DD cards. It’s a season-like mode, but you only play certain parts of important games. Sony San Diego’s YouTube has their livestream that details the mode, I’ll put the link below. From what I’ve seen, it’ll take 15-20 hours to complete one season. It depends on the difficulty you play on, but you can get a lot of the Team Affinity stuff done with a play-through, but if you didn’t want to do March to October you can complete Team Affinity other ways.

https://youtu.be/mhYHjV0Jy7o
Old 03-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I ripped through 50 or so packs, pulled some Golds, sold them, bought a Starter Pack (3 Golds and 7 silvers, unsellable). Flipping through missions and moments, haven’t picked my Special Edition Diamond. I’m really leaning Stan Musial because I hit well with him last year. Chipper is also very appealing but the Mets fan in me would hate myself.

Look at the team affinity rewards the MTO is looking really enticing with some good cards coming from that.

I’m planning on grinding hard through the Mets to get that 96 Reyes!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »