Home

Challenging Pass Interference

This is a discussion on Challenging Pass Interference within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2019, 08:46 AM   #1
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Challenging Pass Interference

So now the NFL has passed the ability for a coach to challenge a call, for some reason I don't expect this to make it into Madden at all. It's the one area were the game hasn't changed since it's heyday back in the early 2000s.

And quite frankly I don't understand why? We should be given a list of options to choose from when we initiate a challenge, but the game either denies us the ability or challenges the wrong call.

I don't want to harp on this much, but NFL 2k5 did it the best, they gave us a list of options and we could pick what we wanted to challenge, this way there was no confusion. My guess, the way their animation system works, they can't tune challenges to read the animations properly?? But even that doesn't make complete sense since the game does allow for challenges to the boundary lines even though its quite rare.

t's just terrible that this is one area the game hasn't changed at all!!!! I remember playing Madden 2004 and this is the exact same challenge system found in current Madden 2019 and it's baffling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Challenging Pass Interference

I really hope they focus on this part of the game. I've been tooting my horn for quite awhile about this. Hopefully, with the new rule change, maybe there can be more focus on the challange system and calling more DPI!!!!!
Old 03-27-2019, 10:46 AM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO there is zero chance of this rule being in Madden 20, or if it is, how it is implemented will infuriate players. The nature of how players interact in the game right now does not lend itself to this being a viable challenge to put in the game. The two man animation sequences, the erratic route running and coverage glitches, don't make for the ability to have this work in a logical fashion.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:05 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
So now the NFL has passed the ability for a coach to challenge a call, for some reason I don't expect this to make it into Madden at all. It's the one area were the game hasn't changed since it's heyday back in the early 2000s.

And quite frankly I don't understand why? We should be given a list of options to choose from when we initiate a challenge, but the game either denies us the ability or challenges the wrong call.

I don't want to harp on this much, but NFL 2k5 did it the best, they gave us a list of options and we could pick what we wanted to challenge, this way there was no confusion. My guess, the way their animation system works, they can't tune challenges to read the animations properly?? But even that doesn't make complete sense since the game does allow for challenges to the boundary lines even though its quite rare.

t's just terrible that this is one area the game hasn't changed at all!!!! I remember playing Madden 2004 and this is the exact same challenge system found in current Madden 2019 and it's baffling.
No disrespect intended, but this really is a moot point since pass interference is so rarely called. I 100% agree with you on your assessment of possible issues concerning challenges being tuned to animation outcomes.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:19 AM   #5
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I really hope they focus on this part of the game. I've been tooting my horn for quite awhile about this. Hopefully, with the new rule change, maybe there can be more focus on the challange system and calling more DPI!!!!!
I agree with you man..I think thst because of the renewed focus on DPI and holding in relation to how they can change the outcome of a game it will be revisited in Madden 20..16 was great in regards to those calls and the developers should use that as a base and expand on it..I think.its a no brainer and gamechanger since the call is now reviewable and is now part of the NFL fabric...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 11:30 AM   #6
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
No disrespect intended, but this really is a moot point since pass interference is so rarely called. I 100% agree with you on your assessment of possible issues concerning challenges being tuned to animation outcomes.
No disrespected taken, the Madden games have a funny way of bringing in back of the box features that then get removed the following year or two. I know a couple years ago they were really harping on the receiver/Defensive Back animations and how they intertwined with their hands fighting for positions etc. Something along those lines integrated with the challenging system would work, but it would be up to their animation systems to be on point.

Anyone else here remember the "the multiple man gang tackling" and fumble recovery animations they added either back to 2016 or 2015? The ability to pile on top of each-other, cool things like that are gone and it doesn't make much sense.

With the power of the Cloud infiltrating our games possibly next generation, will we get a game that feels and animations better?
Old 03-27-2019, 12:43 PM   #7
Pro

Madden devs like F———

Now another thing we gonna gets tweets about for not ever being in the game lol
Old 03-27-2019, 01:13 PM   #8
MVP

Also by rule coaches do not pick what aspect of the play they want to challenge; all aspects of the play become subject to review once the challenge is made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »