Home

Audio for Acuna, JR not available?

This is a discussion on Audio for Acuna, JR not available? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2019, 06:19 PM   #1
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

OVR: 4
Audio for Acuna, JR not available?

Forgive me if this addressed somewhere. I did a couple of searches and didn’t find the answer I was looking for so here goes...

Is the last name audio of many of the 2018 rookies sensations unavailable? I’ve tried loading the default roster, the “live” roster, my 2018 franchchise but no where can I find names like ACUÑA, OHTANI, RYS (I can find Hoskins and Juan Soto). I thought if they were in the MLB the year before they would be available. This makes it really tough if you don’t like a face (like Acuna’s) because you can’t use audio? Am I doing something wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #2
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Audio for Acuna, JR not available?

Correct this is why we have delayed the CRP roster the audio refers to him as being a rookie year and he had no service time, same issue for gureiel for blue jays

Your other issue is if you used a created Acuna last year he will turn into
The scea incorrect one with bad face.

That would be why no audio for him too

It’s put us roster makers behind.. now if they just let us edit service tlme.... (they won’t though bet it’s a legal issue) damm Acuna causing theses problems lol

Last edited by ninertravel; 03-29-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:31 PM   #3
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Correct this is why we have delayed the CRP roster the audio refers to him as being a rookie year and he had no service time, same issue for gureiel for blue jays

Your other issue is if you used a created Acuna last year he will turn into
The scea incorrect one with bad face.

That would be why no audio for him too

It’s put us roster makers behind.. now if they just let us edit service tlme.... (they won’t though bet it’s a legal issue)
Thanks ninetravel, at least I know I’m not going mad... although I am mad that the names are not available. As a Braves fan I would love to work on remaking Acuna and Albies so it’s really disappointing if there is no audio and just the dreaded, “#13”. Is there any hope that at least the audio might become available in a patch?gf I don’t understand why the names aren’t available seeing that they played almost the entire year in 2018.
BTW... thanks for working on getting us realistic rosters beyond the MLB 25 guys!
Old 03-29-2019, 06:49 PM   #4
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

Yeah I'm a braves fan and I like the new game, but not having Acuna's audio for a created face or the horrendous face with the audio and the fact that the service time is wrong is really making me not want to play the game. I can't , or should I say I won't start franchise or rtts without the issues addressed. I'm just doing play now games for experience. It's hard to believe that the NL rookie of the year gets treated so poorly in the game. But then again they can't even spell Cincinnati correctly on the stadium art work so go figure.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Yea I usually don’t bash the developers but this is really bad. I’ll give em a pass if they fix it soon. But otherwise I’ll be bothering the $h!t out of their customer service team for a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2019, 07:39 PM   #6
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drty_Windshield
Yeah I'm a braves fan and I like the new game, but not having Acuna's audio for a created face or the horrendous face with the audio and the fact that the service time is wrong is really making me not want to play the game. I can't , or should I say I won't start franchise or rtts without the issues addressed. I'm just doing play now games for experience. It's hard to believe that the NL rookie of the year gets treated so poorly in the game. But then again they can't even spell Cincinnati correctly on the stadium art work so go figure.
I agree it is sad. I’ve been playing the Show for 6 years and I don’t remember this problem. I have always understood the rules about not having players names, etc. in the game if they haven’t played, but like you said, the Rookie of the Year should get some love. The same problem effects Soroka, Albies, and other young studs for the Bravos that did play last year.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:52 AM   #7
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbraves
I agree it is sad. I’ve been playing the Show for 6 years and I don’t remember this problem. I have always understood the rules about not having players names, etc. in the game if they haven’t played, but like you said, the Rookie of the Year should get some love. The same problem effects Soroka, Albies, and other young studs for the Bravos that did play last year.
I’m with you guys ... this really took the wind out of my sails on day 1.

Here’s to hoping they surprise us with a roster update with new audio plus scans, something many other games do.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:07 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

couldnt handle Acuna being referred to by his number the last couple years so I had to set his audio to refer to him as Ron Junior. I started out back in Show 17 with him called Ronald Junior but it didnt flow to my ears as good as Ron Junior.

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »