Home

Baserunners diving back or freezing on hits?

This is a discussion on Baserunners diving back or freezing on hits? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2019, 03:09 PM   #1
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

OVR: 0
Baserunners diving back or freezing on hits?

This was a problem last year too, and I'm not sure if it's just DD. I have baserunning on assist. But some hits that will easily be base hits or into the gap, the baserunner on 1st will freeze or even dive back to 1st like it's a line drive that will be caught. I've had runners thrown out at 2nd on base hits because of this. Still annoying that this is still happening this year. I shouldn't have to manually advance runners every time on base hits, much less have runners be thrown out at 2nd because of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2019, 01:18 PM   #2
MVP

Syce's Arena

Re: Baserunners diving back or freezing on hits?

you should really get video of this happening then post as a bug and see if this actually is a bug.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 04-03-2019, 01:43 PM   #3
Pro

shark547's Arena

I have auto baserunning on and it is the same thing. It is pretty constant and worse than last year. Happening on hits that have no chance of being caught. Runners slowing at second and can't make it to third even though they should make it easily. I have noticed that less people are going overall where last year the computer ran in to outs all the time. Now it seems to have swung too far the other way. Need a middle ground.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:04 PM   #4
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Pretty sure they did this last year to stop some of the baserunning cheese, but it can be pretty awful, especially when youre playing offline.

Having guys on second and lining base hits up the middle just to have your guy dive back into second for no reason and costing you a run is pretty damn annoying.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #5
MVP

How do you turn auto baserunning off? I hate when my guys just decide to steal on their own
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2019, 07:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
How do you turn auto baserunning off? I hate when my guys just decide to steal on their own
You can only do it from the settings in the main menu.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:35 AM   #7
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syce
you should really get video of this happening then post as a bug and see if this actually is a bug.
Why do I need a video of it to prove it's a bug? Either they programmed the runners to be complete idiots, or it's a bug. Pretty simple. I've posted videos on here in the past of idiotic things the CPU does and there's always someone that says I'm doing something wrong, when I've been playing this game for years.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:37 AM   #8
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Pretty sure they did this last year to stop some of the baserunning cheese, but it can be pretty awful, especially when youre playing offline.

Having guys on second and lining base hits up the middle just to have your guy dive back into second for no reason and costing you a run is pretty damn annoying.
Exactly. But I play offline about 99% of the time. What exactly does having the baserunners act like idiots accomplish?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »