Home

EA Sports UFC 4 Being Under Development Is Not Surprising

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 4 Being Under Development Is Not Surprising within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2019, 09:33 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA Sports UFC 4 Being Under Development Is Not Surprising

Today's news that EA Sports UFC 4 is under development hardly comes as a surprise. When...

Written By: Raychel Sanner

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2019, 04:42 AM   #2
Pro

LarsP's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 4 Being Under Development Is Not Surprising

Can't wait to play alien vs sea monster!
Old 04-03-2019, 04:47 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
Can't wait to play alien vs sea monster!
Honestly, if they give us the map to go with it, that would be great.

Then I can finally unleash the powers of sea level Cain.

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Old 04-03-2019, 06:44 AM   #4
Rookie

How about a boxing mode as well as a your typical UFC fights
Old 04-03-2019, 07:47 AM   #5
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Honestly, if they give us the map to go with it, that would be great.

Then I can finally unleash the powers of sea level Cain.
Not sure if you're serious, it's a UFC game, come on. If you like that kind of fights you're better off with Tekken or MK, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2019, 10:09 AM   #6
Pro

Honestly, I know a ton of work goes into these games and I don't want to bash on devs but these games just never actually mimic the real sport. I actually thought the last THQ game on sim mode was the closest this sport has seen to a simulation but even in that game they made the arcade gameplay the default online ranked which was ridiculous. Then they lied and said they were working on a ranked sim mode but never released it before they sold out so that game became dead to me.*
The fans have been clamoring for a new fight night. Fight night round 4 was the pinnacle. Even though it was not completely realistic, real life boxing strategies could be carried out for great success but also be countered by other real life strategies. For instance you could stick and move with great efficiency but a player with a good pressure game and with a pressure fighter could really cut off the ring and make it a battle of skill and intelligence. Champion had moments where it seemed really good but the patches changed it so drastically and I feel they ended the game updates in a horrible spot where top players would use exploits the entire game such as sidestep uppers or straights even as an opening punch. The auto block combined with the wonky counter punch damage multiplier system and the constant ducking weave glitch made for an uneven, exploitative, and frustrating experience for high level players wanting to use true to life strategies as they could in round 4.
If they can somehow get back to that round 4 magic where things feel balanced and real life strategies can be ultimately effective than I will be excited for this new game, but more recent history has me very skeptical of the games.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Not sure if you're serious, it's a UFC game, come on. If you like that kind of fights you're better off with Tekken or MK, right?
This game is turning to it so why not!?
Old 04-03-2019, 11:35 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Argh dang it, I refreshed the page by accident and lost all I typed.

Basically, I actually want non-UFC venues set in real life places like Lumpinee Stadium, Pride stadium, the Olympics, Ultimate Fighter cage etc. With separate rulesets, fighter outfits specific to those rulesets etc.

That's the kinda DLC that would burn my wallet.

FNC, I bought all the extra boxers, prison bare knuckle mode etc.

Anything to break the repetitive nature of offline play, where we have the same old venues, with just your bog standard UFC rules, when UD3, EA MMA & FNC had so much more to offer in terms of venues, rulesets etc. (Edit: actually, to be fair, we do have submission & standup only rulesets, so scratch that bit about rulesets, we just need the venues to go with these modes and more customisation for them e.g. 3x2min rounds, 5x2min rounds etc.)

Imagine playing as Adesanya in Glory, or Saenchai at Lumpinee Stadium, or Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones in a boxing match, or Ben Askren at the Olympics, or Stephen Thompson vs Michael Page in a point Karate tournament. These things would make awesome DLC. Imagine if all of that was wrapped around in a Universe Mode, with the UFC being the main focus.

Then you'd go and scout fighters from these other organisations, or go play as certain fighters in those organisations, building up your fighters before trying out for the big leagues in the UFC. That would be nuts but way beyond budget I guess.

Strangely though, the idea of the UFC roster and gameplay, but in Tekken venues, does tickle my fancy too. Like Kimbo slice backyard fights with a vhs filter chucked ontop. Definitely an unpopular opinion though but I'd dig it.

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 04-03-2019 at 11:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »