Home

Heidi “he was flat out happy”

This is a discussion on Heidi “he was flat out happy” within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2019, 08:05 AM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Heidi “he was flat out happy”

Can she please stop telling me that my manager said “he was flat out happy with their at bats” by getting pitcher throw alotbof pitchers even when I haven’t scored a run “he’s always flat out happy with my at bats”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #2
Rookie

Kinvarus's Arena

Re: Heidi “he was flat out happy”

I know right!

Heidi last game I went 4 for 4 with 3 Home Runs, today I went 1 for 5, blew driving in the game tying run in the 8th with a very bad pop up fly to the infield and I fumbled at least two easy ground balls to shortstop that would have been double plays that both turned into runs, so I doubt he's "flat out happy with me"...unless the rest of that sentence was "...that my shortstop decided to take the game off and play the worst game ever tonight." Dipped in the most sarcasm you've ever heard, then I would believe you.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #3
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

You think that's bad, you should see Heidi in my games. Standing there, uselessly miming in silence. Can your metrics feel me hammering x to get past this useless BS SDS? Can they feel it?

Seriously though, I wish I could giver her a voice, but that would also give a voice to Matt Vasgersian (he's ok), Dan Pleasac (queue demonic chanting), and Mark Derosa (please just stab me in the ear). I miss the old PS3 era colour commentators, a lot. I miss Mark Reynolds and his folksy charm. Dan and DeRo just have a way of instantly and permanently making my skin crawl.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #4
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

She doesn't appear to be in RttS so I haven't seen her at all.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:05 AM   #5
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
You think that's bad, you should see Heidi in my games. Standing there, uselessly miming in silence. Can your metrics feel me hammering x to get past this useless BS SDS? Can they feel it?

Seriously though, I wish I could giver her a voice, but that would also give a voice to Matt Vasgersian (he's ok), Dan Pleasac (queue demonic chanting), and Mark Derosa (please just stab me in the ear). I miss the old PS3 era colour commentators, a lot. I miss Mark Reynolds and his folksy charm. Dan and DeRo just have a way of instantly and permanently making my skin crawl.
Taking out the sliders was a mistake. That said, I haven't had the commentary on in years. I sort of knew Heidi would wind up saying stuff that doesn't make sense, but that's the nature of commentary in the game. They actually aren't watching the game play, it's canned.

Two man booth, some danged silence now and then, and yeah, Pleasac and "De Ro" are annoying as heck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2019, 10:25 AM   #6
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I know they’re just getting started with this since they’re unfortunately late to the party, but SDS really needs to take a page out of 2K’s playbook when it comes to how to implement a sideline reporter, and presentation in general.

Also really love how 2K has multiple, rotating commentators so the lines don’t get old so quickly. I’m over 40 games into my 2K19 season, playing 12 minute quarters, and still hearing new things. Maybe some day The Show will be on the same level.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:32 AM   #7
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

I had an instance where she said something about my time, and 1 inning later she said the exact same thing about the other team.

So i was thinking it would be repetitive very soon. However after this i did not notice it again and she does seem to say stuff that really matches the situation.
Wasn't really looking for this addition but i'm pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:38 AM   #8
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
some danged silence now and then.

Yes please!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »