Home

Cashing stubs for RTTS training points?

This is a discussion on Cashing stubs for RTTS training points? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2019, 08:32 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Cashing stubs for RTTS training points?

I am going right from MLB 16 to MLB 19, and I am having an issue in RTTS. In the old versions (16 included), I played franchise and collected some stubs, then started my RTTS career with cashing the stubs out into RTTS training points. This let me avoid needing to grind so much to level up. Only so much time for gaming, you know! In 19, I am not seeing anywhere to do that. It doesn't even look like you can buy stubs to get more training points (not that I'd buy using real money, but hard to believe SDS took a payment option off the table). Did the changes to RTTS mode remove the ability to use stubs for extra training points?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #2
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cashing stubs for RTTS training points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I am going right from MLB 16 to MLB 19, and I am having an issue in RTTS. In the old versions (16 included), I played franchise and collected some stubs, then started my RTTS career with cashing the stubs out into RTTS training points. This let me avoid needing to grind so much to level up. Only so much time for gaming, you know! In 19, I am not seeing anywhere to do that. It doesn't even look like you can buy stubs to get more training points (not that I'd buy using real money, but hard to believe SDS took a payment option off the table). Did the changes to RTTS mode remove the ability to use stubs for extra training points?
You can only get boosts from equipment which requires stubs to buy. There is more of a grind in this one. Though I will say, it does go fast and give you lots of opportunities to increase ratings and caps. I have gone up 10 overall between April and the end of July and I am only using a combo of silver/gold equipment I got super cheap.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 04-07-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
You can only get boosts from equipment which requires studs to buy. There is more of a grind in this one. Though I will say, it does go fast and give you lots of opportunities to increase ratings and caps. I have gone up 10 overall between April and the end of July and I am only using a combo of silver/gold equipment I got super cheap.
Got it, thanks!
Old 04-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
They removed it last year and patted themselves for removing micro-transactions from the mode, conveniently ignoring the fact that most people who used the option would still but stub to buy the best stat enhancing equipment.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Kinvarus's Arena

I'm just glad someone uploads the OSFM roster to 17, I download that, start a new career, buy stubs to level my character then import into 18 and then import from 18 to 19, last upload was like mid march so the roster is a little out of date but still good enough to import also if your in north america stubs are now perminantly half price so it's even cheaper to buy stubs now in that one.

I would like them to bring that option back though in 20. But like funkycorn said it's a bit of a grind but not as bad as it was in the previous games either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
MVP

I am happy to hear it is less of a grind, but I remain annoyed that it was removed at all. I prefer no grinding to less grinding, but I guess better than nothing. I don't even see the purpose of taking it out?
Old 04-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #7
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

Quote:
I am happy to hear it is less of a grind, but I remain annoyed that it was removed at all. I prefer no grinding to less grinding, but I guess better than nothing. I don't even see the purpose of taking it out?

Simple, if you want your guy to improve, then play better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »