Home

Main input ISSUE - NO buffer CLEARING in EA UFC 3 + How to fix it

This is a discussion on Main input ISSUE - NO buffer CLEARING in EA UFC 3 + How to fix it within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #1
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Main input ISSUE - NO buffer CLEARING in EA UFC 3 + How to fix it

I thought it is possible to clear buffer in EA UFC 3 by click or holding Block (high or low) and stop performing buffered queue... I was mistaken.

After some exploring - it is 100% sure that There is NO Buffer/Queue Clearing at all in EA UFC 3! Only Strike/TD cancelling into Feint.

Proves:
1) Make asap input 1-2-Step-G... you will see that it will be performed as 1-2-Step = so no Step clearing/cancel.

2) Make asap input 1-2-1-G... you will see that it will be performed as 1-2-1feint = so no last 1 cancel but turning it int feint.

Why the lack of Buffer clearing is a bad thing:
- buffer window is large enough ( at least 4 moves in queue) and this is good thing
- but IF conditions are changing and you need to change your plans - you can NOT and keep your robotic suicidal pattern going on
- wrong random input happens and you can NOT to cancel it at all.
- especially in lag conditions.

> HOW TO FIX IT:
Very easy! And can be done NOW by patch!!

(quick one click) Block (High or Low, no matter) - for turning Strike/TD into Feint, no Buffer cancelling in this one, so you can queue feint into Combos and series.

(press and keep holding min 1-2 sec) Block (High or Low, no matter) - for cancelling ANY moves (strike, step, sway, TD, etc) into Block (not Feint, w/o Feint properties) and clearing input Buffer.

PROS:
1. Feints requires Skill with this input (b/c clicking Block in right timing w/o holding is not so easy).
2. No unnecessary Feint at all when i want to cancel/stop my moves into Block not Feint (b/c Feint has cons also).
3. Can always when i want to stop ANY of my actions into Blocking.

Last edited by SUGATA; 04-08-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Main input ISSUE - NO buffer CLEARING in EA UFC 3 + How to fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I thought it is possible to clear buffer in EA UFC 3 by click or holding Block (high or low) and stop performing buffered queue... I was mistaken.

After some exploring - it is 100% sure that There is NO Buffer/Queue Clearing at all in EA UFC 3! Only Strike/TD cancelling into Feint.

Proves:
1) Make asap input 1-2-Step-G... you will see that it will be performed as 1-2-Step = so no Step clearing/cancel.

2) Make asap input 1-2-1-G... you will see that it will be performed as 1-2-1feint = so no last 1 cancel but turning it int feint.

Why the lack of Buffer clearing is a bad thing:
- buffer window is large enough ( at least 4 moves in queue) and this is good thing
- but IF conditions are changing and you need to change your plans - you can NOT and keep your robotic suicidal pattern going on
- wrong random input happens and you can NOT to cancel it at all.
- especially in lag conditions.

> HOW TO FIX IT:
Very easy! And can be done NOW by patch!!

(quick one click) Block (High or Low, no matter) - for turning Strike/TD into Feint, no Buffer cancelling in this one, so you can queue feint into Combos and series.

(press and keep holding min 1-2 sec) Block (High or Low, no matter) - for cancelling ANY moves (strike, step, sway, TD, etc) into Block (not Feint, w/o Feint properties) and clearing input Buffer.

PROS:
1. Feints requires Skill with this input (b/c clicking Block in right timing w/o holding is not so easy).
2. No unnecessary Feint at all when i want to cancel/stop my moves into Block not Feint (b/c Feint has cons also).
3. Can always when i want to stop ANY of my actions into Blocking.

I dont know, I just think the buffering window is to big, and combo speed is to fast, maybe if they slow down the combo speed(specially the extra input speed) other things would shine and problems like the one u wanna solve wouldn’t even exist.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:50 AM   #3
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

I agree.

To really illustrate the point, hold down L1 (or LB) and then flick the left stick like a maniac.

6-10 MAJOR LUNGES will be queued up and you will not be able to cancel them.

You will legit be stuck lunging around like a doofus.

I showed this to GPD at one point but I recall him thinking it was either fine or said it could not be changed due to some technical reason.

You may want to tweet him about this.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:13 AM   #4
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
I agree.

To really illustrate the point, hold down L1 (or LB) and then flick the left stick like a maniac.

6-10 MAJOR LUNGES will be queued up and you will not be able to cancel them.

You will legit be stuck lunging around like a doofus.

I showed this to GPD at one point but I recall him thinking it was either fine or said it could not be changed due to some technical reason.

You may want to tweet him about this.
Buffering input (queue) exists in ALL fighting games.

Clearing buffer (cancel) exists in ALL fighting games.

Why? b/c it is butter & brad of combos and series mechanics.

The ONLY fighting game which does not have Clearing buffer (cancel , not turning into feint) is EA UFC. This is large MISTAKE.

I don’t see any reason, any “technical difficulties” why it can not be done and why it can not br done right NOW by the patch! How to do it - I wrote above: click Block for Feint, holding Block a bit longer for Block w clearing buffer (cancel). The same thing GPD did with Swaying - click for Minor and bit longer holding for Major Sway = no technical difficulties.

Guys, who are agreed, how we could to appeal GPD’s attention to this one?

I am sure only this one fix will solve many problems of really good game EA UFC 3.

Last edited by SUGATA; 04-10-2019 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:47 AM   #5
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Buffering input (queue) exists in ALL fighting games.

Clearing buffer (cancel) exists in ALL fighting games.

Why? b/c it is butter & brad of combos and series mechanics.

The ONLY fighting game which does not have Clearing buffer (cancel , not turning into feint) is EA UFC. This is large MISTAKE.

I don’t see any reason, any “technical difficulties” why it can not be done and why it can not br done right NOW by the patch! How to do it - I wrote above: click Block for Feint, holding Block a bit longer for Block w clearing buffer (cancel). The same thing GPD did with Swaying - click for Minor and bit longer holding for Major Sway = no technical difficulties.

Guys, who are agreed, how we could to appeal GPD’s attention to this one?

I am sure only this one fix will solve many problems of really good game EA UFC 3.
Totally unrelated but are you on PS4?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2019, 05:49 AM   #6
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
Totally unrelated but are you on PS4?
Yes bro.........
Old 04-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #7
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Recieved a response from GPD, there is a chance and hope for this to be done right:

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/st...48455326306306

As an example for all who are interesting in Command input principles and mechanics - about how to do it RIGHT, natural, reliable and ergonomic for more enjoyable, more comfortable game experience (VF5 example, is mostly similar for all serious fighting games in its principles):
https://virtuafighter.com/wiki/contr...e-input-buffer

Quote:
Command Input(top)

Consider the following command inputs and how to interpret them:

1. Graphical Notation
    Textual Notation
    Description

2. PK
    Press and then press

3. 6PK
    Tap the Joystick forward and press , then press

4. P+K
    Press and together

5. 46P+G
    Tap the Joystick back , then tap forward and press and together

6. 41236P+G
    Roll the Joystick in a half circle direction from back to forward and press and together. Note that you do not have to return the Joystick to neutral between each direction.

7. 6_K
    While holding forward , press . Note that this is different from which means to tap the Joystick forward and press .

8. 2_6P
    While crouching, tap forward and press at the same time.

All commands are shown with respect to Player 1's orientation. Swap the left and right directions for Player 2.

The Input Buffer(top)

Ordinarily, when you're just standing there and free to move, the instant you press a button, something happens on screen. For example, if you press your character will immediately punch.

But what about times when you're aren't free to move, such as when you're guarding the opponent's attack, or you're recovering from your own attack? What happens to your button presses then? Are they ignored until you're free to move again? This is where the Input Buffer comes in.

During times when you're frozen and unable to move, any buttons you input will get placed into a buffer (or a queue). This is called the input buffer and it lasts for 10 frames.

What this essentially means is that any buttons entered during the last 10 frames of your recovery will get executed the very first frame you're able to move. Let's look at two examples:

Let's say you just guarded an attack which put you into guard stun for a long time. Just before you're about to recover, and are free to move, you press . Now provided you pressed within the Input Buffer, then your character will successfully punch the very frame they recover. By using the Input Buffer this way, you're executing your punch attack as early as possible, with no frames wasted. Consider an example where you first waited, visually verifying that you'd recovered before you input . This ends up wasting valuable frames before your punch even begins to execute.

Now consider the following:

This time, even though the is entered during recovery, it's before the 10 frame input buffer. Since the input is too early, the punch does not get processed when you recover. Have you ever had one of those moments where you swore you pressed an attack button and nothing came out? Usually mid combo, or after guarding your opponent's attack? Chances are, your input was too early!

With knowledge of the input buffer, you can input your commands ahead of time, especially when you're doing something else, such that as soon as you recover, your input will be processed. This can help you speed up your play, and ensure that your commands are executed as fast as possible. More on this in the following sections.

Guard Buffering(top)

Following on from the Input Buffer, you can use the Guard button to hold your character steady while you buffer commands, then release on the final command to execute it.

An example of this is Akira performing his Super Dashing Elbow (SDE) . If you're standing idle and proceed to enter this command, chances are you'll see Akira twitch forward as you're entering . Depending on how fast or slow your input is, you may even see Akira begin to dash forward since the input is also a forward dash. It is only until you complete the input (...) that Akira will begin to execute his attack.

As shown above, you'll notice that you're actually wasting time while you input the command. Not only that, but from an idle situation, your twitching/dashing animation may even alert your opponent that something is coming, possibly eliminating the element of surprise. So a 14 frame attack, could potentially take 21 frames (as shown above) or more to actually execute if you count from the time you start to see Akira move.

By using Guard Buffering you can hold Akira steady and unleash the SDE from a standing start.

To guard buffer Akira's SDE: while holding , enter the , then release and press . The benefit this has is that you're guarding for most of the input (which may protect you from any quick attacks!) as well as disguising the fact that a move is about to be unleashed! By the time your opponent sees you move, the attack is already in execution.

Recovery Buffering(top)

The same concept holds true for buffering commands while you're recovering from something. Let's say as Akira, you wish to perform the following combo: > .

Notice that the Double Palm starts executing in the fastest time possible, which is as soon as the SDE has finished recovering. Also notice that the initial motion for the double palm is earlier than 10 frames before the SDE recovery ends. This is fine, because there are less than 10 frames between each input of the double palm, and the final input is within 10 frames of the end of recovery.

If you wait until the SDE finishes recovering before you start to enter the Double Palm, you'll be wasting valuable frames with your input, and risk the Double Palm missing altogether and causing the combo to fail.

Buffer Cancel(top)

You can cancel a string of commands being buffered by entering a into the sequence. For example, if Pai entered , she'll get her triple punch combo, followed by her . This is the fastest way of combining two separate strings/attacks that would otherwise combine into the one combo, in this case, Pai's .
Video example:

4:40 – G-cancel movement (aka feint)
5:10 – Movement cancelling other movement (Stair step)
5:30 – Jumping; Jump attacks.
6:15 – G-cancel strikes
6:45 – G-cancel (clear) buffer
7:45 – 10fr = Input buffer window
8:45 – Rock (Guard) –Paper (Throw) –Scissors (Strike)

Last edited by SUGATA; 04-14-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:41 PM   #8
Banned

On another note are you releasing your thesis still? Been waiting months on that brother

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »