Home

I thought I was happy , I was wrong.

This is a discussion on I thought I was happy , I was wrong. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2019, 06:42 AM   #1
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
I thought I was happy , I was wrong.

So with madden 18 and 19 I somehow conned myself into thinking I was finally happy with Madden football. The graphics are excellent on the Xbox one X and the game play has improved. I played both of these games longer into the year than any other madden game before them. As far as football gaming goes it's been just madden for me since madden 15. I buy it every year.

Then yesterday it happened. I took my PS3 out of the closet. I remembered there are a bunch of games installed on it and decided to check them out. As I scrolled down the list, there it was NCAA Football 14. I fired it up , came here to this site to get info on which updated roster to download and did so , then I started to play. Oh My God , what the hell is this? This is amazing , Proper O-line and D-line interaction , my D- line man pushing the O-lineman back into the pocket, amazing tight pass coverage , a realistic smooth feeling run game , true to life QB play, many throws on the run end up fluttering to nowhere as they should. An A.I. QB that will actually throw the the ball away when he's under pressure. I was shocked a game this old was so much better than the current state of madden football, shocked. The entire feel of the game was just so fluid, smooth. All moving parts seem to work together in harmony. Why is it that every time there is a great football game said game production comes to a screeching halt?

This will be my football game of choice until the new Maximum game comes out this fall. I'm also going to go pick up a used copy of All Pro Football 2k8 today. Madden can keep it's shiny glossy exterior, I want a game with a solid interior and it looks like I found one.

Special thanks to roster editors:
appstate
BossHawgMichigan
Her89Man
sean15012
vikesfan059
vkingery23
WPBPD1600
Zaybreezy25

Last edited by JMD; 04-10-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2019, 08:34 AM   #2
Rookie

DallasFan39's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I thought I was happy , I was wrong.

I was thinking about getting myself another ps3 since I still have NCAA 14 but not sure if I could get over the graphics since I have gotten use to the ps4
Old 04-10-2019, 09:05 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
So with madden 18 and 19 I somehow conned myself into thinking I was finally happy with Madden football. The graphics are excellent on the Xbox one X and the game play has improved. I played both of these games longer into the year than any other madden game before them. As far as football gaming goes it's been just madden for me since madden 15. I buy it every year.

Then yesterday it happened. I took my PS3 out of the closet. I remembered there are a bunch of games installed on it and decided to check them out. As I scrolled down the list, there it was NCAA Football 14. I fired it up , came here to this site to get info on which updated roster to download and did so , then I started to play. Oh My God , what the hell is this? This is amazing , Proper O-line and D-line interaction , my D- line man pushing the O-lineman back into the pocket, amazing tight pass coverage , a realistic smooth feeling run game , true to life QB play, many throws on the run end up fluttering to nowhere as they should. An A.I. QB that will actually throw the the ball away when he's under pressure. I was shocked a game this old was so much better than the current state of madden football, shocked. The entire feel of the game was just so fluid, smooth. All moving parts seem to work together in harmony. Why is it that every time there is a great football game said game production comes to a screeching halt?

This will be my football game of choice until the new Maximum game comes out this fall. I'm also going to go pick up a used copy of All Pro Football 2k8 today. Madden can keep it's shiny glossy exterior, I want a game with a solid interior and it looks like I found one.

Special thanks to roster editors:

appstate

BossHawgMichigan

Her89Man

sean15012

vikesfan059

vkingery23

WPBPD1600

Zaybreezy25

It’s unbelievable how bad the last two years have been. I have gone back as far as madden 16, but I guess to get a enjoyable football experience I have to repurchase a last generation console. I’m jealous of folks who still have PS3 or Xbox 360. 19 is it for me. Its never been more obvious they aren’t capable of producing the football experience I’m looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 04-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Most of us feel your pain pal. Madden 19 has gotten more hate than any Madden I can remember. It's got a lot of problems. I still say there is fun to be had, but you gotta go in with low expectations. I'm actually personally back to Madden 16. I feel that's the best one they made this gen. Just my opinion. I often break out Madden 09.

I honestly cannot pinpoint what exactly I hate about it. But the fun factor is just not there like it used to be. The gameplay physics continue to be lackluster also.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:12 AM   #5
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Well yesterday I got out all my last gen Madden Games 06 through 13 so far I'm pretty impressed with 09 and 10. Was surprise how nice madden 10 looks as well. I re-downloaded Madden 25 ,15, 16, 17. on my X1X and PS4 Pro (I've spent way to much money on Madden games over the years)16 felt pretty good but every time my defender got close to the QB he magically rifled the ball to a receiver, appears to be what some call robo qb. Played a couple games of 17, seems decent so far , just need to find a current roster set. I'm going to give more time to Madden 10 although my Xbox 360 sounds like a jet getting ready to take off it's a launch day console got a lot of miles on it. Local store has it used for the PS3 for $2.00 if it holds up to more testing I'll probably grab that. I also have NCAA 07 through 14 going to experiment with them this weekend.

I may even hook up my original Xbox for some NFL 2k , NFL Fever , and Madden 03,04,05 this weekend. The search for a decent football game continues.
So far Madden 10,17 and NCAA 14 are looking good.

I just checked between my Game Cube , Xbox 360 , Xbox one x I have every madden from 2002 through 2019. Holy Crap!

Oh I should point out that I never sell or trade in games, I have a mini game store in my closet .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 05:13 AM   #6
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFan39
I was thinking about getting myself another ps3 since I still have NCAA 14 but not sure if I could get over the graphics since I have gotten use to the ps4
The graphics are not that bad as long as you don't pay to much attention to the crowd. On the field looks decent. No where near the 4k glory of Madden 19 but the game play makes up for it.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:59 AM   #7
Rookie

philshjips's Arena

I LOVE NCAA 14, so much so that I sold it because I was missing work and damaging my relationship to play it 😂

Personally, I’ve found Madden 15 to be really great as far as AI. I don’t really like the whole “aggresive catch/possession catch” thing they introduced, and I feel like it’s more challenging and realistic without it. Armor&Sword and Charters04 have some terrific sliders for it (although personally I prefer Huskerfan214’s: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...5-sliders.html) and there’s a bunch of classic rosters from a user named Black Kakari that are well done. I’m obsessed!
Old 04-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Most of us feel your pain pal. Madden 19 has gotten more hate than any Madden I can remember. It's got a lot of problems. I still say there is fun to be had, but you gotta go in with low expectations. I'm actually personally back to Madden 16. I feel that's the best one they made this gen. Just my opinion. I often break out Madden 09.

I honestly cannot pinpoint what exactly I hate about it. But the fun factor is just not there like it used to be. The gameplay physics continue to be lackluster also.

I’ve been trying as many older versions I could find for the current generation consoles. 16 is pretty decent, but once I tried 25 I stopped playing the others. It has issues too, but it has a fun factor to it. Not to mention I. An run the ball on third and short. The Ignite game engine was solid, I wonder why they went away from it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »