Home

Props to MonkeyMan

This is a discussion on Props to MonkeyMan within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2019, 05:28 PM   #1
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

OVR: 0
Props to MonkeyMan

Noticed MonkeyMan just finished his rosters recently. I’m guessing this morning because V10 wasn’t there last night. I just want to give some props to this dude. Pretty sure he did them all by himself and it’s a really strong roster set. He’s not missing really any prospects and most of them are properly rated and look very solid.

While I understand, almost everyone will be using OSFM in this forum and I get it. Those rosters are tremendous as well. But I just thought MonkeyMan did an excellent job on his set and wanted to give him a shoutout. He’s probably put countless hours in since release. Based on the updates he did and the accuracy of the players ratings and looks, he did it all himself and didn’t copy from other roster makers.

Not sure if you visit this forum MonkeyMan, but if you do, very nicely done and a big thanks for all the work you did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Props to MonkeyMan

maybe Tweeter or Jan helped him

#Wilburys

A Work in Progress
Old 04-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #3
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

He definitely does a good job as a hold over until OSFM comes out. Unfortunately, he knows his moment at the top for roster ratings in the vault is on borrowed time. He still comes back every year though, props to him.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #4
Pro

boxers's Arena

I just checked this roster out today. He actually did a fair amount of useful rerates to SCEA player potentials. I don't know anything about him or his methods but he does good work. I'm happy someone brought him up.

That said, I appreciate all the work that roster/face makers do. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

It's actually a really good roster set, the only problem is he didn't wait till the game update and service time is wrong for certain players, and that alone is reason enough to not use the roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #6
Just started!

Njsidge6's Arena

I feel like this was a great set to kill time and do a little RTTS on the side if you don't care about the minute details OSFM brings
Old 04-13-2019, 12:12 AM   #7
Rookie

That guy’s rosters are terrible. He downloads a few big name caps, rerates a few guys and renames generic players...then spams the vault. Thank god we don’t have to deal with his absurd self promotion on this board anymore.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:57 AM   #8
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

First i saw someone saying somewhere he could not play without community rosters. I could rally to that. Community rosters make the franchise what it is by giving a farm system.

Now, I think to an extend (and I hope to not be crucified for saying that) all rosters are terrible somehow because they all use the same base which is SD default.

SD default is the worst of all

Does anyone ever compare pitchers pitches types from scout report available online vs what we get IG ?

IG you get 10 pitchers they all are the same: 4F, 2F, CB, CH

In real life you will see half off them have a sinker, some a slider, some dont even have a CB... Pitcher pitches are really badly represented in the SD roster and neither OSFM nor Monkey fix that.

I could use 2B Lowrie s example too. As A's 2B he had low 40 power and low 60 arm strength. This year he has 79 arm strength and 60 power...

So that is factual... i.e. it is what it is and anyone can verify.

Now more subjective.

I remember one year having an argument about Villar speed. SD does really stupid things with their ratings. When he was a Brewers he had like 96spd, then suddenly after leading the league in stealing bases he was down to low 80. Then last year he was with a ridiculous mid 60, and this year he has 85.... So they have absolutely no consistency.

Thing is SD does not bother having a massive change on a player to correct to whatever they want. When a gamer may be looking to carry over a solid franchise and need a reliable roster and would like to avoid non sense rating.

Best rosters initiatives are the one retooling all, absolutely all players ratings
and including pitchers pitch types based on a solid stats based method and process to basically do what SD should be doing. Of course that is a very difficult work.

OSFM and Monkey do not do that unfortunately they give us the minor which is already good to start a franchise.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »