Home

Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2019, 01:28 AM   #1
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

any madden fan must watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0BTpNFegEM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2019, 08:43 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Yep, saw that video last night, great video.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #3
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdb8
any madden fan must watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0BTpNFegEM
Oh man the bugs montage was so epic. I rolled the whole time. Good ol Madden. The moped of football games.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:55 AM   #4
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

When does the exclusive license expire?
I HOPE 2k jumps back in it but they been out so long , they may just pass. Or maybe the NFL won't ask for an exclusive license again. One can hope anyways but what Madden has become is just corporate greed.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:43 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

It is so frustrating to watch that video. Current Madden is the yearly culmination low effort garbage.
Ignoring all the fantastic things 2K got right, the Madden franchise itself has had enough features, depth, and correct game play for a phenomenal game. Such a bummer they squandered it all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2019, 02:48 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
When does the exclusive license expire?
I HOPE 2k jumps back in it but they been out so long , they may just pass. Or maybe the NFL won't ask for an exclusive license again. One can hope anyways but what Madden has become is just corporate greed.
I'm just asking if you listened to the whole podcast from Rex.

Rex explained that for another studio to jump in it would take a whole bunch of start-up $ initially with the license, that doesn't include start up cost for a game engine and R & D.

The SimStandard did a short podcast last evening and Schmitty asked one of the developers of The Show of why they don't put their hat in the ring for a NFL football game. He told them point blank, because of the start up cost.

We all know 2k has heavily invested into the NBA and WWE areas. I think it's a slim to none chance another studio comes and pays for the exclusive license.

A lot of this video covered what used to be in Madden and 2k5 and compared it with 2k NBA. Rex touched on some of that, that EA puts in something new one year and takes it out the following year or the next year because it was already marketed.(stupid idea) Also, AJ mentioned last year it's difficult to transport the old technology to what we have now.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:04 PM   #7
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Rex explained that for another studio to jump in it would take a whole bunch of start-up $ initially with the license, that doesn't include start up cost for a game engine and R & D.

The SimStandard did a short podcast last evening and Schmitty asked one of the developers of The Show of why they don't put their hat in the ring for a NFL football game. He told them point blank, because of the start up cost.

We all know 2k has heavily invested into the NBA and WWE areas. I think it's a slim to none chance another studio comes and pays for the exclusive license.

A lot of this video covered what used to be in Madden and 2k5 and compared it with 2k NBA. Rex touched on some of that, that EA puts in something new one year and takes it out the following year or the next year because it was already marketed.(stupid idea) Also, AJ mentioned last year it's difficult to transport the old technology to what we have now.
Like the old saying goes, you can lead them to the well, but you can't make them drink. It was all layed out in that interview.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #8
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I did listen to the whole thing. He also said if a company would, 2k would have the most backing/ money to do it.

You never know, if 2K feels it will be profitable enough down the road and steal customers away from EA, why wouldn't they? They had an engine once so its not like they havent done it before and starting from scratch.

There are plenty that would leave EA. I would be one and maybe 2K can also do something similar and better than MUT.
One can hope anyways. The NFL screwed this all up by giving an exclusive license.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 04-12-2019 at 05:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »