Home

Spring Games in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Spring Games in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Spring Games in Dynasty

*Long Post*
Hello all. I was thinking about how to do your team’s Spring game in Dynasty mode. Of course you could use Practice mode but I’m not sure if you can practice during preseason. Also, with Practice mode you are at a generic Practice field and it’s not the same as the real spring game at the stadium. So, how do you get the ‘Spring game’ in your stadium as part of Dynasty? I have a couple ideas , one of which involves the editor and one that doesn’t. For both, I would recommend “scheduling” the game in week 1. Yes, it will count on your overall record and take the place of a non conference game. So in reality you will really play 11 regular season games instead of 12 even though the spring game technically still counts as a game. Here is the non-editor method for those who don’t have access to it or can’t load files with imported teams.
Especially PS3. I still haven’t been able to get PS3 files with teambuilder teams to load even in the newest version . It works with XBOX 360 but not PS3.

Dynasty spring game non editor method:

1. Download or create (in Teambuilder) a copy of your team with same roster and coaches. Put them in Independent so as to have more scheduling freedom.
2. Schedule them for week 1. If they are Independent they should be available Week 1. It doesn’t matter if it’s an away or home game since you both use the same stadium. Whichever will balance out your original team’s home/away split.
3. Even though it’s the same school, since they replace another team, they are treated as a separate team . As far as what to do with them the rest of the season, whatever you want. I’d recommend making them lose almost every game. They are just a duplicate of your team and only serve the purpose of playing the Spring game. They are not needed in a bowl game.

Dynasty Spring game editor method:

1. Save a separate file at preseason called “(team name)SpringGame” or something similar.
2. Go to Week 1 in the schedule and just schedule your team to play itself . In other words, select your team for both home and visitor. If you have a bye In week 1, go back into the game and change your bye to a different week so you have a game in week 1(it can be anyone) . Play the game then go back and change the opponent to a different team so the week will advance

As for changing the date to April, when most spring games are played, I believe you can do this in Week 1, but not in preseason. Go to SGIN tab and go to your game and change the month to “4”. May have to change the game numbers and make your game #1 or 0. I’ll see if this works and post a screenshot if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by GSEagles001; 04-20-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #2
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Spring Games in Dynasty

You could have it not impact your schedule by doing the same teambuilder thing and just playing an exhibition game outside of the dynasty mode. You can divide up your team how you want, and fix the depth charts on the teams so that only your real players play.
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James
Old 04-27-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Spring Games in Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
You could have it not impact your schedule by doing the same teambuilder thing and just playing an exhibition game outside of the dynasty mode. You can divide up your team how you want, and fix the depth charts on the teams so that only your real players play.

True. That is always an option but I like having it in the dynasty. And in exhibition mode you don’t need team builder duplicate. It will let you play against yourself and switch between teams. It just won’t let you do it right in dynasty mode .

I just put it in week 1 and adjust the other non conference games to the next available week. If I have to I remove the FCS opponent. I’ll allow the stats to count the game and everything. I know it was really the Spring game and I’ll note it in my Dynasty write up

Last edited by GSEagles001; 04-27-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:22 PM   #4
Rookie

On PS3 where you can’t load files with team builder teams on the PS3 editor , the exhibition game method will have to do

Old 04-27-2019, 09:36 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Copy your Dynasty team roster to a base roster and play it in exhibition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2019, 10:40 PM   #6
Pro

Check out my Spring Game

Old 05-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rangez4u
Check out my Spring Game

Madden 19 PC College Mod??
Old 05-24-2019, 08:08 PM   #8
Rookie

Just a tip. If your duplicate team wins it will count as a loss for your regular team. So go into the editor after the game and change the team to a FCS team that you don’t already have on your schedule. Then change the score so that you win. That way, you won’t hurt your ranking and record with a bogus loss in a game that wasn’t a real game. Of course you can do it in exhibition mode. Or in practice. However, I’d rather it look like a real spring game at your stadium

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »