Home

PCI Wedge/Good TimingvsEarlyandLate

This is a discussion on PCI Wedge/Good TimingvsEarlyandLate within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

OVR: 0
PCI Wedge/Good TimingvsEarlyandLate

I wanted to post this on the show nation but i can't upload attachments but i would have posted it here as well.

I made a couple paint drawings of how the PCI works(buckshot) in relation to the bat and why the Wedge PCI makes no sense and why guys who claim to get good timing or squaring the ball up sometimes get pop ups or grounders.

I'm sorry but the paintings are no good but it's just a simple demonstration.

So for the one picture i show good timing and early timing i show that the pci actually has different locations throughout the swing but the game will only show the good timing.

i did not show the LATE pci location but I will sometime in the future when i finish university. and i will demonstrate the various types of PCI locations and explain how you can get the pci on top of the ball without even touching it and somehow get a pop up.
Attached Images
File Type: png Good vs Early Timing PCI.png (38.0 KB, 156 views)
File Type: png Wedge PCI.png (17.1 KB, 154 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2019, 10:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: PCI Wedge/Good TimingvsEarlyandLate

this needs to be seen before SDS caters to people whining about hitting and then changing it.

Mcgunski just quit a live stream because he claims to have been lining out too much while perfectly squaring it up. but he popped up a high fastball 5 out of 6 times in his last 6 outs in a game before that.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:43 PM   #3
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
this needs to be seen before SDS caters to people whining about hitting and then changing it.

Mcgunski just quit a live stream because he claims to have been lining out too much while perfectly squaring it up. but he popped up a high fastball 5 out of 6 times in his last 6 outs in a game before that.
My favorite is when they show the replay and it's all wonky. Which was a thing in the past, but I'd assume it's still there. My boy is always screaming about the timing and placement. Another reason why I turned all of that feedback stuff off...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 04-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #4
Rookie

i've been saying on the forums and i cannot stress it enough but squaring it up doesn't always mean you hit the sweet spot of the bat, there a number of factors at play and i will make a couple more demonstrations today because i really don't want SDS changing the hitting.

this will also help explain how guys can get hits out of the zone, or get hits when the ball didn't even touch the PCI on the feedback.

Last edited by RockPowderDownLoL; 04-20-2019 at 03:35 PM. Reason: pci not ball
Old 04-20-2019, 03:41 PM   #5
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Good timing on a pitch inside seems to be a tad earlier, and outside a tad later on the same speed pitch. If the dot of your PCI is just inside the ball, you want to be a hair later. If your pci is just outside the ball, you want to be a hair earlier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2019, 04:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Good timing on a pitch inside seems to be a tad earlier, and outside a tad later on the same speed pitch. If the dot of your PCI is just inside the ball, you want to be a hair later. If your pci is just outside the ball, you want to be a hair earlier.
yes and for balls low in the zone it's slightly different. as you can get away with being slightly more over or under with the pci.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:30 AM   #7
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

I use the wedge, not for the purpose of it looking like the bat, but because it has a nice centered reticle dot to be more precise when trying to square up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »