Home

And once again it rears it's ugly head...

This is a discussion on And once again it rears it's ugly head... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 01:39 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
And once again it rears its ugly head...

Down 8-5 in the ninth inning, I'm halos against athletics. A's bring in Treinen to close. It's almost as if I knew this game wasn't over. And I was correct. Here's how the inning went folks:

Ground out
Walk
Walk
Walk
Walk 8-6
Walk 8-7
Single 8-8
Wild pitch, hits backstop, bounces back, runner called out at home trying to advance (was clearly safe)
K

Bottom 9
K
Walk off jack

It seems every single year nonsense like this happens. And it doesn't happen one game, it happens CONSTANTLY!!

I'm honestly just so tired of this garbage. Yes, I play on legend. Yes, the game is supposed to be harder on legend. So why the hell am I gifted comebacks like this??? The worst part is that they didn't even take him out of the game, he just continued walking hitter after hitter. Quite possibly the most inorganic comeback I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Padgoi; 05-01-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: it's to its
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2019, 02:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: And once again it rears it's ugly head...

I don't think I've ever in hundreds of hours of playing this game walked five times in a row. Good on you lol
Old 04-30-2019, 03:34 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subway_sub
I don't think I've ever in hundreds of hours of playing this game walked five times in a row. Good on you lol
lol me neither
thankfully my sliders are matched up with my skill set and then combine that with playing on the best difficulty level
Thats not saying I don't blow my share of games. Over this past weekend I took a one o lead into the bottom of the ninth at Fenway. Gave up a seeing eye single and then JD Martinez hit a walkoff homer . I kinda lost focus in the last couple innings with bad base running cost me a chance at putting the game away with some insurance runs. My focus was so bad , when JD homered it didnt even register to me I had lost. I was mentally preparing to get another run when I batted again. Then I see the Sox all celebrating at homeplate. I was like, damn. But I choked and that was on me. And if you play on difficulty level even slightly above where you should be and the wrong sliders on top of that, then you will most definitely choke away a lot more than normal. Yep, we all hate the C-word around here. C-H-O-K-E period

A Work in Progress
Old 04-30-2019, 07:34 AM   #4
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

You obviously haven't seen the Braves bullpen this year. That has happened a ton thus far this season.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:32 AM   #5
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi

It seems every single year nonsense like this happens. And it doesn't happen one game, it happens CONSTANTLY!!

I'm honestly just so tired of this garbage.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Then save yourself some pain and stop playing this game if this is happening to you every year. Geez.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2019, 09:40 AM   #6
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

You should record one of these comebacks sometime. Would be really interesting to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2019, 11:33 AM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I started a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. The CPU this year is way to willing to give up walks in high leverage situations like this. They try and nibble even though they may be down 3-0 with runners in scoring position. I upped strike frequency and CPU control a couple ticks and now too guys don't fall apart when there is runners in scoring position.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:32 PM   #8
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7
And once again it rears it's ugly head...

To be fair, Treinen did blow a 3 run lead in extras to grant the Jays a walkoff win the other day. Sounds about accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by JaFFiTh; 04-30-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »