Home

Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4,PS5)

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4,PS5) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2019, 01:51 AM   #1
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4,PS5)

I think there was an older Thread a few years back when it was announced at E3. I cant seem too find it though so I went ahead and made a new one with the new trailer that dropped.

It seems more info will be announced at E3 during Squares Conference.

https://youtu.be/qOn2bWuA_0w

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2019, 01:52 AM   #2
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4,PS5)

Below are many thoughts going through my mind:

-The little we saw of the Gameplay in the new trailer at least made it look better than the snoozefest "press x too attack" combat in FFXV.

-While I'm hoping they surprise everyone and announce at E3 that it wont be episodic what I am most curious about is will it have nearly as much content as the original. (Overworld Map, Weapons, Limit Breaks, Summons, etc) Well they did show 2 Limit Breaks in new trailer. Clouds Cross Slash and Barretts Big Shot.

-If they had a choice between episodic with tons of content or non episodic with less content, I'll take the episodic everytime.

-Weapons if I remember in FFXV were pretty much the whole Longsword +1,2,3,etc. Imo it's one of the other reasons I disliked FFXV (On top of the horrible magic system). I'm hoping they dont mess with it.

-Overworld Map, Dragon Quest 11 showed it can still be done and successful however will it be something that's scrapped for newcomers? If episodic then how would it work?

-As for Summons, as long it's far away from how FFXV handled it I be happy. I hated having these awesome designed Summons but then being limited by a random chance for them too show up. Hope they dont touch it.

-Will Materia still be in it? Will the system still be deep?

-How much content will be removed for Rating? Like the Brothel area, I got a feeling no way that comes back. It was oddly thrown into the original imo anyway but wonder how HD waifu Cloud with Dress and Diamond Tierra would look. Lol.

Sorry for the wall but it's really bugging me. So many questions and concerns but so much hype and potential. I guess all we can do is wait until E3 info drop.

Teams:
Old 05-20-2019, 02:50 PM   #3
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

https://youtu.be/i45UlicMWRo

Couple of rumored "leaks" announced.

- 3 episodic games releasing. Each at 60 dollars. 40 to 60 hours of content per episode

- E3 will have a huge info dump, including release date and playable demo on E3 floor.

- PS4 demo will be released on PSN. PS Plus Membership required. This one has been confirmed!

- Improves on the world. Roads and paths feel more unique and open. A lot more activity in the world. Breathing and Living.

- Yuffie and Vincent are now tied into the story. There are side quests that you can do too attain them early however eventually they will join you via story if you dont do them. Both their stories will be improved upon as well.

- Jenova will be improved upon and will look even more horrifying with this new tech.

- More in depth character building with Materia. They dont want you too just load all Materia on one character, each character will have strength and weaknesses for each materia. Barrett, Vincent and Aereth for example can use more magical materia with less negative impact while Cloud and Tifa can use more offensive materia

- Different weapons will appear on your character Model along with the Materia that is equipped too that weapon. Example will be if you change Clouds Buster Sword too Rune Blade, Rune Blad will be seen on Clouds back and in combat. The materia slots will also be seen. Accessories however wont appear.

- Each weapon has a different Heavy attack (Triangle, Buster Sword has Rune Blade and Rune Blade has Cleave). Heavy attacks are combo finishers that do majority of the damage (Along with Limit Breaks) while basic attacks are chip damage.

- Magic consumes ATB Bar along with MP. You get more Bars as you progress through game.

- Summons work exactly like the original. They act as Cutscenes that do damage. Theres a New Summon called Amarok that's a wolf that deals Darkness as well as damage.

- Overworld map is almost Seamless. There are some Zones. There will be roads and methods of transportation. Vehicles like the Tiny Bronco for example will act like the original game (Only bring able too cross Shallow water, etc.) There will be items too collect occasionally and of Course Chocobos are back and obtainable after the farm.

- All monsters got redesigned but kept features that make them recognizable. Some monsters were cut. (Example: Ghosts in Train Yard)

- Shinra HQ wont have as many floors too explore however will have more too do on each foor.

- Tifa's design will have her original outfit. Her face will be taking designs from the Advent Children Movie. Her Materia will also show on her Gloves.

- Gold Saucer will have Mini Games that are not playable when you first get there because they are essentially part of later story missions. Some are playable however and feel more grand too give you a break from the main story.

- Red XIII has clones Cobalt XIV and Indigo XV you must fight before he joins your party. (It was cut content from the original game that Devs wanted too put back into the gane)

- Cid doesnt appear too be smoking in the game however theres evidence that he does. Also his aggressiveness to Shera in toned down as it was a lot even when the game was released.

- Honey Bee Inn and a certain Cloud scene is in the game. Will require Gil too get in and not a Membership Card anymore. Squating mini game will return.

Teams:

Last edited by Candyman5; 05-20-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:46 AM   #4
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

I thought a lot of the older OSers would be onto this?

Teams:
Old 05-21-2019, 02:16 AM   #5
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm excited and can't wait.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2019, 01:02 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll put it like this....I'll 100% buy this on launch based on nostalgia alone. The original WAS iconic for its time in terms of the sheer breadth and scope of the game. Play it now, and once you get past that nostalgia value, it is a flawed game with pretty significant plot holes and some...well...odd moments. Some of that certainly added to the charm of the game, but if a game came out today with those kinds of flaws, it would be panned heavily. (Brentalfloss on YT does a fantastic song for this game that really spells out my feelings well.)

As for this re-make, well, I have no real hopes or desires. I'll play it as though it is a new game, albeit one with a familiar story.

Launch will be fascinating to watch though....no matter what Square does, there will be a segment of people that are upset at a choice(s) they made in re-designing the game. Some people will want a pure rehash with better graphics, some will want a true re-telling of the story with some twists. We'll have to load-up on the popcorn when this one hits
Old 05-30-2019, 03:05 PM   #7
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'll put it like this....I'll 100% buy this on launch based on nostalgia alone. The original WAS iconic for its time in terms of the sheer breadth and scope of the game. Play it now, and once you get past that nostalgia value, it is a flawed game with pretty significant plot holes and some...well...odd moments. Some of that certainly added to the charm of the game, but if a game came out today with those kinds of flaws, it would be panned heavily. (Brentalfloss on YT does a fantastic song for this game that really spells out my feelings well.)

As for this re-make, well, I have no real hopes or desires. I'll play it as though it is a new game, albeit one with a familiar story.

Launch will be fascinating to watch though....no matter what Square does, there will be a segment of people that are upset at a choice(s) they made in re-designing the game. Some people will want a pure rehash with better graphics, some will want a true re-telling of the story with some twists. We'll have to load-up on the popcorn when this one hits
I'm still disappointed about no turn based (with a lot of people) but as long as it's not FFXV mash X too win combat I'll be happy.

Teams:
Old 05-30-2019, 03:53 PM   #8
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

Same here. I played the remastered on PS4 back in the fall. I hadn't played it since 97 when it came out and I was 16. Playing it as an adult make those plot issues and weird moments even weirder.

It's the game that got me into RPGs as it was for a lot of people. I am not a fan of the episodic release and will tell myself not to buy it, but like you, nostalgia will make me buy it day 1.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »