Home

Canes Patch

This is a discussion on Canes Patch within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2019, 02:33 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Canes Patch

Yea, it's pretty late to be sharing this, but better late than never. I'll try to keep this short as can be. What my mod aims to achieve is realistic gameplay that challenges you and never feels artificially hard. It probably feels much more similar to Sabo's Rebirth Mod since we went back and forth working on our mods on a daily basis for a long time before I had life take me away from working on my mod as much.

My buddy and I are in season 4 of our CFM and have used this since the beginning. I've somehow made the playoffs all 3 completed seasons despite going 9-7 in two of the years, but my record in the playoffs is 1-3. He has failed to even finish .500 with the Dolphins to this point.

I tried really hard to get the game feeling more like 2k football in my eyes and think I've done an alright job and is why I am finally sharing this mod. This mod is not meant to compete with the other mods, but just simply offer something else for you all to try and see if it does give you a good game of football that challenges you and never feels cheap.

Some things you will notice off of the bat are that the passing velocities are lower than default and have wider ranges so stronger armed QB's will actually feel stronger. The OL's will not be near as dominant in the run or pass game for the user or CPU and higher rated linemen will matter more. Don't expect 90+ overall linemen to give you 5+ seconds in the pocket anymore like Madden likes. Your good OL is going to give you a more realistic 3-4 seconds unless you have extra help. Your worse OL's are going ti give you 2-3 seconds depending on protection and the DL obviously. Expect the Mack's and Donald's of the league to be in your face quickly on a regular basis unless you work to slow them.

As always, this is a continuous work in process even near 4 season later. There will always be things that need to be tuned. If these even give just 2 or 3 people something they really enjoy then I will be happy.

For sliders, I use default 50 for everything except Interceptions are at 40 for both User and CPU. Also, FG Accuracy is 38 right now for us, but I'd recommend going to 40 as it seems the CPU is a little too inaccurate at 38 right now. THIS IS ON ALL-MADDEN!!

2.75 out now. The mod now works on All Pro, too, and I think it works real well if not better there with a few minor slider changes. If you play on All-Pro put both interceptions at 45, both FG accuracies at 46, USER run block at 40, CPU run block at 70, CPU pass block at 55. Tune from there to fit personal preferences.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rh6...ew?usp=sharing

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 06-12-2019 at 05:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2019, 04:35 PM   #2
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Canes Patch

Definitely looking forward to giving it a shot. I'm kinda out of the Madden mode at the moment with Madden 20 drawing closer. With all the games you've played (battle tested) & the work you stuck into this, I'm going to check it out. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #3
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Just a quick question. What is the .archive file for?
Old 05-14-2019, 07:14 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Here is a video of me playing. A little open first quarter, then the offenses fell into a lull for most the rest of the game. The audio you will hear is me reliving the few good memories of the Mark Richt era at Miami on one of my other monitors.

Watch Madden 19 PC - Canes Patch from PichardRetty on www.twitch.tv

― Plato
Old 05-14-2019, 08:45 PM   #5
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Cane,

Do I need to download and install the archive file as well or just the other file? Did you adjust any penalty settings?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

The mod is installed the same way as any other gameplay mod. Penalties were touched and should happen at a frequency closer to real life.

― Plato
Old 05-15-2019, 12:53 AM   #7
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Ok. So I should leave all penalty sliders on default?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:54 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

User preference. I think there are a realistic amount of penalties with everything on default, but you may always have a different experience with them. I'd recommend starting with them at 50, but if you see any penalties occurring too much or too little then adjust how you see fit.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »