Home

HOW BOUT MADDEN 20 PRESENTATION??

This is a discussion on HOW BOUT MADDEN 20 PRESENTATION?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #1
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

OVR: 0
HOW BOUT MADDEN 20 PRESENTATION??

I've been quietly sitting back and reading/observing most of the new features and discussions so far. I know EA still has some more things to reveal on their Gridiron notes and blogs, however I noticed one of the few missing items this year is presentation. I know this has been pretty much one of my agenda discussions and I try not to only talk about one thing but I couldnt help but notice its not even mentioned in their notes.

I gotta admit i'm not very enthused on what i'm seeing so far for madden 20 although i'm not totally discouraged either. I like that they are redoing the contracts and adding a scenario engine,etc. but i'm not sold on it until we see these features in action. Is this gonna be like last year when they announced a new "draft presentation" and then we find out all it ended up being was a backdrop of a stage during the draft?

Also what kind of presentation will go with the scenario engine? Will the news feed be re-done and more user friendly so we know what is going on, or are we gonna have to go digging through menus to find out stories around the league again? Are we getting any updated presentation to go along with this new feature? Would seem silly to have it and still have the same current boring news feed they have in place right now. Does anyone know if we will see any details on this or will we have to wait until 2 weeks before release to see videos again? I cant help but to feel like were being fooled again....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #2
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: HOW BOUT MADDEN 20 PRESENTATION??

Presentation is always the last to be revealed, around mid-late June. Commentary I'm sure is still being recorded right now.

Quote:
Is this gonna be like last year when they announced a new "draft presentation" and then we find out all it ended up being was a backdrop of a stage during the draft?
Well, here's what they announced in last year's Franchise blog, regarding the new draft presentation:

"In addition, you’ll experience the NFL draft in Madden in a brand-new way. The draft stage presents which team is on the clock and who the previous pick was on giant video boards in front of a crowd. When it’s time to make your pick, your draftee will be sporting his new uniform while his ratings and development trait are revealed."

Seems like they represented the new draft presentation fairly accurately to me. Also worth noting that this was revealed with the Franchise blog. The new halftime show and other contextual commentary additions weren't revealed until the presentation blog. So patience.

I'm personally hoping they improve the halftime show. Last year was a okay start. Better than nothing, but needs to be much more dynamic.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Presentation is in need of a major facelift. They haven't done much with it since Madden 17 aside from the halftime show.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #4
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOncomingStorm
Presentation is always the last to be revealed, around mid-late June. Commentary I'm sure is still being recorded right now.

Well, here's what they announced in last year's Franchise blog, regarding the new draft presentation:

"In addition, you’ll experience the NFL draft in Madden in a brand-new way. The draft stage presents which team is on the clock and who the previous pick was on giant video boards in front of a crowd. When it’s time to make your pick, your draftee will be sporting his new uniform while his ratings and development trait are revealed."

Seems like they represented the new draft presentation fairly accurately to me. Also worth noting that this was revealed with the Franchise blog. The new halftime show and other contextual commentary additions weren't revealed until the presentation blog. So patience.

I'm personally hoping they improve the halftime show. Last year was a okay start. Better than nothing, but needs to be much more dynamic.

I also have hopes of improving the halftime show and adding something for post game as well. A common theme with EA to add a feature one year and then just leave it alone for 3-5 years. Hoping that’s not the case. I just wonder how involved the scenario engine will be. What will the news feed look like with it? Will the broadcast team talk about any of the stories generated from the scenario engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-16-2019, 10:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Also, hopefully we get notifications when a story revolving around one of our players is generated. I remember playing the beta last year and one of the major problems around the new progression system was we were not notified when a player was ready for updating his ratings. Hopefully things like this have been thought of ahead of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2019, 11:22 AM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I thought for sure Presentation was included in the livestream schedule and was surprised when I looked back today and saw that it isn't in there.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I know Jonathan Coachman put out a tweet doing new material fot Madden 20 couple weeks ago. So that could mean something in regards to half time show or at least update game intros

I hope they improve presentation outside of commentary. I really hope they tie scenario engine to presentation. The scenario engine would really make an impact if we can actually hear about and see overlays during games.

Just upset that EA barely took advantage of the ESPN license that expires next year. Outside of NCAA 14(which was good) and Live, EA didn't fully take advantage. I get that they probably didn't want to seem like 2k. But the bland EA presentation has gotten stale. I even prefer NCAA Basketball 10 presentation when they had the CBS presentation. Pretty much EA uses ESPN to advertise their games
Old 05-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I know Jonathan Coachman put out a tweet doing new material fot Madden 20 couple weeks ago. So that could mean something in regards to half time show or at least update game intros

I hope they improve presentation outside of commentary. I really hope they tie scenario engine to presentation. The scenario engine would really make an impact if we can actually hear about and see overlays during games.

Just upset that EA barely took advantage of the ESPN license that expires next year. Outside of NCAA 14(which was good) and Live, EA didn't fully take advantage. I get that they probably didn't want to seem like 2k. But the bland EA presentation has gotten stale. I even prefer NCAA Basketball 10 presentation when they had the CBS presentation. Pretty much EA uses ESPN to advertise their games

I'm not huge into basketball games but I got NBA live this year on crazy discount and their ESPN package is incredible. The ESPN presentation that they used to have in 2k was one of the best parts of that game. It's really a shame that they haven't leaned into that because that would go a long ways for immersion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »