Home

Big 12 and Sunbelt Championship games

This is a discussion on Big 12 and Sunbelt Championship games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hello all. I searched and didn't find anything about bringing back the Big 12 Championship Game and adding the New SunBelt Championship. The NCAA changed the rule and allowed 10 team conferences, such as the Big 12 and SunBelt, to still have Championship games. The SunBelt chose to split into 2 5-team divisions, while the Big 12 stayed with a straight 10 team setup and take the top 2. There are 2 ways to incorporate into Dynasty mode. One requires the Editor and one doesn't.

First the No-editor method: Under Custom Conference, add 2 "dummy" teams to both conferences to make 12 for each conference and ignore them and make sure they don't win their division.

Method 2(editor method): Leave both conferences as is with their correct 10 members. Go to Conference Championship week and save a file on the USB. Go to the Editor and follow the standard procedure to extract/decrypt(ps3) and open the file. Go to schedule and replace 2 G5 Conference Championship games with Big 12 and Sunbelt (whoever qualifies in your dynasty). I would replace American and either CUSA or MAC.

Last edited by GSEagles001; 05-20-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2019, 08:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Big 12 and Sunbelt Championship games

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSEagles001
Hello all. I searched and didn't find anything about bringing back the Big 12 Championship Game and adding the New SunBelt Championship. The NCAA changed the rule and allowed 10 team conferences, such as the Big 12 and SunBelt, to still have Championship games. The SunBelt chose to split into 2 5-team divisions, while the Big 12 stayed with a straight 10 team setup and take the top 2. There are 2 ways to incorporate into Dynasty mode. One requires the Editor and one doesn't.

First the No-editor method: Under Custom Conference, add 2 "dummy" teams to both conferences to make 12 for each conference and ignore them and make sure they don't win their division.

Method 2(editor method): Leave both conferences as is with their correct 10 members. Go to Conference Championship week and save a file on the USB. Go to the Editor and follow the standard procedure to extract/decrypt(ps3) and open the file. Go to schedule and replace 2 G5 Conference Championship games with Big 12 and Sunbelt (whoever qualifies in your dynasty). I would replace American and either CUSA or MAC.

The only way to do this correctly is with your first method. There was a thread started here by mikemarc1 in December of 2018.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-12-teams.html

He discussed using the editor after the season started to move low level bowl games to championship week. The issue is that the conference championship is hard coded in the game. Using his method (as well as your second) you will find that the conference championship is recorded for the winner of the conference before the championship games as well as the winner of the conference championship game. In other words, if Texas goes 12-0 and then wins the CCG, they will be awarded TWO championships for that season. If Texas goes 12-0 and Oklahoma beats them in the CCG, each would be awarded the conference championship. I would also suspect an issue with your second option would be that the conferences who lose their championship game wouldn't have a recorded conference champion for that season.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
The only way to do this correctly is with your first method. There was a thread started here by mikemarc1 in December of 2018.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-12-teams.html

He discussed using the editor after the season started to move low level bowl games to championship week. The issue is that the conference championship is hard coded in the game. Using his method (as well as your second) you will find that the conference championship is recorded for the winner of the conference before the championship games as well as the winner of the conference championship game. In other words, if Texas goes 12-0 and then wins the CCG, they will be awarded TWO championships for that season. If Texas goes 12-0 and Oklahoma beats them in the CCG, each would be awarded the conference championship. I would also suspect an issue with your second option would be that the conferences who lose their championship game wouldn't have a recorded conference champion for that season.

True. The best method is to just add the dummy teams

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-27-2019, 10:41 PM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
True. The best method is to just add the dummy teams

You can edit the records with the editor as well. So just take away one of the championships. You can also make sure the G5 championship games are played as well using the playoff formula.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Cool

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2019, 12:57 PM   #6
Rookie

I think there is a way to do it with the regular 10 teams. Isn’t there an extra week with Army vs Navy and a couple other games? If so, find out what week it is and use the editor to replace 2 of those games.

I’m going to test out a possible option: schedule the conference championship games in Week 14 in place of a game in each conference. Any other games in the conference not involving #1&2 can still be played.

Last edited by GSEagles001; 10-07-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I think there is a way to do it with the regular 10 teams. Isn’t there an extra week with Army vs Navy and a couple other games? If so, find out what week it is and use the editor to replace 2 of those games.

I’m going to test out a possible option: schedule the conference championship games in Week 14 in place of a game in each conference. Any other games in the conference not involving #1&2 can still be played.

The "couple of other games" are games involving teams in conferences that don't have 12 or more teams. In real life, the Army-Navy game is the week after the Conference Championship Games, but EA schedules the game on week 15. Week 15 is the week of the Conference Championship Games in real life, but EA broke it out into separate weeks. I think you should consider using Week 15 instead of Week 14, but some teams will play two games against one opponent AND the winner of your Championship Game may not be awarded the Conference Championship. Mikemarc1's solution is the closest you can get, but it does require more work.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
The "couple of other games" are games involving teams in conferences that don't have 12 or more teams. In real life, the Army-Navy game is the week after the Conference Championship Games, but EA schedules the game on week 15. Week 15 is the week of the Conference Championship Games in real life, but EA broke it out into separate weeks. I think you should consider using Week 15 instead of Week 14, but some teams will play two games against one opponent AND the winner of your Championship Game may not be awarded the Conference Championship. Mikemarc1's solution is the closest you can get, but it does require more work.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »