Home

Signing MiLB free agents during the season.

This is a discussion on Signing MiLB free agents during the season. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #1
Rookie

TheCoastIsBen's Arena

OVR: 0
Signing MiLB free agents during the season.

I'm in June in my franchise and had an injury on my AA team. Ive got a free roster sport so id like to sign somebody instead of pulling up one of my A level guys. When I sign the player he is placed on the MLB club even though he's 18, on a minor league deal and only a 62 Overall. Am I doing something wrong? Hate to burn options or have to push someone I just signed through waivers to get them on the correct affiliate.

Sent from my VS996 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2019, 04:28 PM   #2
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Re: Signing MiLB free agents during the season.

It's annoying. I just remove from 40 man but it does waste one option unfortunately.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 05-26-2019, 05:11 PM   #3
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah I hate that they do that. However, mimicking real life, I signed Santana and Kemp this morning and they both were assigned to AA andcnotvput on the 40 man

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-28-2019, 03:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

You can fix this yourself without having to worry about removing them from the 40-man. When you go into FA’s and you find the player you’d like to sign click over to your roster box on the other side of the screen. Once there use the R2/L2 button to scroll through MLB and your minor league teams. If you don’t want that player on the 40-man cuz he’s young or you just want him for depth in the minors and not taking up a spot just hit R2 to place the player in AA or A. Once you move over and you hit R2 it scrolls through your levels and shows your players at whatever position you’re on in the FA pool. So just go find your player and before you hit X to sign him just click over then hit R2 twice to get to AA then click back over to the player and sign him. He will be in AA and not on the 40-man. After reading this before sending I realize I went a bit too much into detail lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-28-2019, 03:23 AM   #5
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfarcas14
You can fix this yourself without having to worry about removing them from the 40-man. When you go into FA’s and you find the player you’d like to sign click over to your roster box on the other side of the screen. Once there use the R2/L2 button to scroll through MLB and your minor league teams. If you don’t want that player on the 40-man cuz he’s young or you just want him for depth in the minors and not taking up a spot just hit R2 to place the player in AA or A. Once you move over and you hit R2 it scrolls through your levels and shows your players at whatever position you’re on in the FA pool. So just go find your player and before you hit X to sign him just click over then hit R2 twice to get to AA then click back over to the player and sign him. He will be in AA and not on the 40-man. After reading this before sending I realize I went a bit too much into detail lol

Perfectly explained boss...I've been playing the show for years since they included affiliates and I never knew how to do that.

Sent From that S9 bayyyyyyy-beee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2019, 03:28 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_HATE_THAT_DUDE
Perfectly explained boss...I've been playing the show for years since they included affiliates and I never knew how to do that.

Sent From that S9 bayyyyyyy-beee

Well I’m glad I could help my man!!! All I play is franchise mode so I was able to figure that out years ago after having the same problem as you. Took a little while but I figured it out lol

Old 05-28-2019, 03:47 PM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I have been playing the show since '07 and never knew this. Nice find my man
Old 05-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #8
Pro

movethechains11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfarcas14
Well I’m glad I could help my man!!! All I play is franchise mode so I was able to figure that out years ago after having the same problem as you. Took a little while but I figured it out lol

Yeah this is huge! Didn't know that was possible. There isn't a list of international free agents hanging out in FA anywhere around here is there?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »