Home

Circling discussion 2.0

This is a discussion on Circling discussion 2.0 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Circling discussion 2.0

Let's actually get back to topic, nothing else other than the topic. Not hate or insults need to be thrown towards each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2019, 05:26 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Circling discussion 2.0

My posts aboubthe topic.

Anyways I think another angle that needs to be considered is accuracy, the accuracy is far far higher in the game compared to real life.

A few previous ideas on this topic:

Lower the range of moving strikes

IRL most people do not throw strikes while moving an awful lot. Limiting the distance normal moving strikes cover could help people adjust to proper range while fight and cause a lot more shots to miss by a fraction.

Change the command off lunging strikes
Changing the command from a flick, which is unreliable, to something else will make people consciously use these strikes more often creating a dynamic where peolple would choose to mix up stationary, moving and lunging strikes more often.

Decrease accuracy of moving strikes
Increase the chances of strike moving slighly off from the selected target and for it to land just off.

Add better hit detection for shots to hit shoulders, chests and gloves
Allow shots to hit these areas more often lowers the percantage of people getting hit in a realistic manner.

Change small lunges command from stick flick to something more reliable
Increases the chances of these being used more, also make the animation slightly more pronounced to encourage use as well as confirm use.

Add a greater benefit to using stationary strikes
By making these strikes far more accurate and somewhat faster will encourage people to use them more, this decreases chance of peopme getting hit as they arent covering as much distance, but will be more used due to the reasons given.

Add a parry system
Give a new tool that can be used to defence against combos and block breaking, encourages mix ups and more creative combos.

Add arm health decrease
Arm health should decrease over time making blocking less viable. The more you use block the less blocking health you will have in the long run. This is a very realsitic change as fighters deliberately throw high kicks to damage fighters fore arms, which lowers power, speed and there ability to block over time.

Add RT+RB lateral movement
Angling off is essential to not getting hit, currently we can only move back to not get hit. Would work similar to lunges but not as pronouced, would work similarly to multiple small lunges cause the fighter to reset to be able to land.

Add better wresting and takedowns
By making takedowns and wrestling closer to reality it will make people throw less as even if they defend the enitial takedown they still could get taken down.

Add more vulnerabilty for blocking wrong
Blocking wrong should creste a vulnerbailty spike, or at least a greater one. This decreases people from blocking as they would more likely use the other defensive tools.

Greatly reduce the stamina cost of using special movement
Activity encourage people to move more, this would be balanced by giving higher vulnerbailty as well as consistent use be given a long term stamina tax, would have to be worked on a × system rather than active decrease.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:27 PM   #3
Pro

Parries would work best with block and the correseposnding side of the block button. So if some throws a Jab X/Square it would be block plus Y/Triangle to parry it. Holding buttons for grappling on the feet doesnt make to much sense to me. Signature strikes then yes that's fair enough.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:28 PM   #4
Pro

Originally Posted by*MartialMind

1) Holding the button longer won't work. Don't ask me why, just trust, I have a concrete reason for saying this and you'll see why soon. We need another way.*

2) I'd rather use this input for something like blocking while moving my head. Still hoping this makes it into the game.*

4) I understand the request and won't really oppose it much, but the question the Devs will inevitably have is "Why should we do the work of making this a deliberate stance players are able to get into, as opposed to just part of the shuffle animation".

My response

1. It works well for other sports games, would also work well with the concept of "loading" which would mean your strikes would have longer start up frames, holding for longer also would affect pace which is a major part of rythmn manipulation. I will wait for your concrete reasoning before I believe it, which is fair.

2. I actually agree here, that was off the top of my head. Myself I'd use this for rolling etc, LB+RT+RS also opens up many signature moves for fighters, ie Diaz bros shoulder roll or Poriers style*

3. Multiple different layers to fighters brings a lot of depth to the game, makes fighter feel unique and true to themselves. Tbh the neutral stance would make shifting a lot easier and fluid as well, which is a great addition imo.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:46 PM   #5
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXENY6wLl44

Heres exactly how it should be done
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2019, 10:46 AM   #6
Pro

Everytime I see "parry" on these forums I start sweating. I understand y'all want a different parry system than was in UFC 2, but that crap single-handedly ruined UFC 2 for me.

In terms of accuracy of strikes, I absolutely agree accuracy should be lowered. As a result damage overall should be raised slightly in my opinion.

Speaking of damage, I would love to see variable damage values. An uppercut shouldn't ALWAYS do the same exact amount of damage, I think there should be a small range of damage each strike could do. I understand the vulnerability system was supposed to sort of address this, but it is not enough. Even if you hit a guy circling out with the appropriate hook, that hook isn't ALWAYS going to do massive damage. Sometimes strikes just don't land perfectly, its as simple as that.

Now to calculate how much damage a strike does within its range, ideally but almost certainly not possible at the moment is a full on physics driven striking system. What I mean by that is the game literally calculates the speed, mass, ect all the physics stuff, for example if a strike hits a glove or elbow on the way in, its power is going to be reduced due to speed being taken out of it. Plus have a complex hit-box on the fighters face. The chin and behind the ear being the most vulnerable spots on a fighter, forehead being a big damage reducer, ect. This would go well with the more realistic accuracy suggested as well. Grazing shots would be less damaging under such a physics system.

However, due to this ^ almost certainly being something you have to have in mind while creating the game from the ground up, simple RNG works for me. But I know some people hate seeing RNG as much as I hate seeing "parry" so I'm sure thats not going to be accepted.

So really I don't know what to suggest and everything I just said may be useless.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:07 PM   #7
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Everytime I see "parry" on these forums I start sweating. I understand y'all want a different parry system than was in UFC 2, but that crap single-handedly ruined UFC 2 for me.

In terms of accuracy of strikes, I absolutely agree accuracy should be lowered. As a result damage overall should be raised slightly in my opinion.

Speaking of damage, I would love to see variable damage values. An uppercut shouldn't ALWAYS do the same exact amount of damage, I think there should be a small range of damage each strike could do. I understand the vulnerability system was supposed to sort of address this, but it is not enough. Even if you hit a guy circling out with the appropriate hook, that hook isn't ALWAYS going to do massive damage. Sometimes strikes just don't land perfectly, its as simple as that.

Now to calculate how much damage a strike does within its range, ideally but almost certainly not possible at the moment is a full on physics driven striking system. What I mean by that is the game literally calculates the speed, mass, ect all the physics stuff, for example if a strike hits a glove or elbow on the way in, its power is going to be reduced due to speed being taken out of it. Plus have a complex hit-box on the fighters face. The chin and behind the ear being the most vulnerable spots on a fighter, forehead being a big damage reducer, ect. This would go well with the more realistic accuracy suggested as well. Grazing shots would be less damaging under such a physics system.

However, due to this ^ almost certainly being something you have to have in mind while creating the game from the ground up, simple RNG works for me. But I know some people hate seeing RNG as much as I hate seeing "parry" so I'm sure thats not going to be accepted.

So really I don't know what to suggest and everything I just said may be useless.
Range also has a big effect on damage. I would say damage is very dynamic already, very granular. It's not easy to see in the health bar, but if you could look at numbers you'd probably agree.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:37 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair;204979969u7
Range also has a big effect on damage. I would say damage is very dynamic already, very granular. It's not easy to see in the health bar, but if you could look at numbers you'd probably agree.
Please watch the video I linked

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »