Home

NFL Head Coach 09

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2019, 09:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NFL Head Coach 09

Does EA remember they made this game? Am I the only one who wishes they'd take many of the features from NFL Head Coach and implement them into the Madden franchise mode? To me, that game is literally a blueprint for a great franchise mode and I always wondered why EA never seems to even acknowledge the game exists lol. IDK how popular it was back in the day because I didn't get it to later but I wasted many, many, MANY hours playing that game. I thought it was sooo fun and it even reminded me of the old Franchise mode back when it was fun as well. I used to wish I could edit player ratings

The scouting process (combine, player workouts, news about college players throughout the season, etc.), the contract negotiation mini-game thing, the coach/staff progression system, the playbooks and playbook knowledge system, even the UI with the clipboard and tasks coming up...is it just me or would all of this make for a great Franchise mode?

Why doesn't EA use any of that stuff? Is there a IP issue keeping them from using the features again? Or were these features just not well-received like I imagined they'd be? Just wondering
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2019, 11:49 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: NFL Head Coach 09

Tony Bake for the win!!
It was so much more enjoyable than the bland madden franchise. They brought little things like the player scheme to madden.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:50 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
NFL Head Coach 09

I loved it too but EA considers that a different market than Madden so it'll never happen...

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-09-2019, 04:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Giants4Life's Arena

Your post to gods ears on HC09. That should have been the basis and we were told CFM was going to pull from that Franchise mode back when it started. But its all lies. EA goes only where the MUT money is now.

PS...they are only adding in theses "Franchise features" that appease the one off loud you-tubers and twitter-verse to say "hey we are doing things" but in reality they aren't much at all. (See imput draft class, that works.. welp kinda nice)

X Factor is a feature that really just creates another pay level for MUT cards. So they add it to franchise like its a real enhancement but its really MUT $$. Same for boss battles. Oh and this scenario engine??... watch.. this thing is going to be as half-baked, high-level, and unimportant as features come (insert "prove me wrong meme" here).

I may sound negative and cynical, but I'm really calling this as I see it. Im not going to apologize or be "Nice" to a company that not only rips off its customers with micro-transactions, has a history of shadiness, manipulates the market by buying up smaller, good, game companies and basically destroying them, then also chews up and burns out their developers and employees. EA is latterly what's wrong with corporations. I don't give the "benefit of the doubt" to companies like EA.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:55 AM   #5
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3PPMJYisx4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2019, 09:26 AM   #6
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

NFL Head Coach was my favorite sports series of all time. I know they can't monetize it with microtransactions, so we'll never see anything like it again.

But let me tell you, EA. I'd pay $100 for a new NFL Head Coach.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
NFL Head Coach was my favorite sports series of all time. I know they can't monetize it with microtransactions, so we'll never see anything like it again.

But let me tell you, EA. I'd pay $100 for a new NFL Head Coach.
agreed. I don't understand, they have the great foundation from NFL Coach 09 and why on earth can't they utilize any of those ideas for next gen? It's beyond me. Must be lack of resourses. But I have to say, the gameplay needs fixed before adding new features and what not. The glitches, the BAD ai, and what not, should be priority. When we have web sites devoted to daily glitches and bugs, that is again, should be the priority.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:24 PM   #8
Banned

Head Coach did not sell well. They are not going to going to migrate the franchise mode from a game that even sim players were not pleased with enough to buy.

Head Coach is why we are where we are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »