Home

Will they ever fix 30 Team "control"?

This is a discussion on Will they ever fix 30 Team "control"? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2019, 08:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Will they ever fix 30 Team "control"?

In Franchise I play as the Yankees, but I like to set the Rosters, lineups, rotations, and bullpens of all 30 teams....but the CPU is CONSTANTLY changing EVERYTHING.

It's moving people from the bullpen to the rotation and vice versa, changing who the closer and set up men are....it NEVER uses the lineups that I set.

In almost all games I start, in the FIRST INNING before a pitch has been thrown, the CPU does defensive replacements to take out the guys I put in the lineup for the other team.

So really....what is the point? 30 Team Control doesn't exist because it does whatever the hell it wants to anyway.

At least by removing all non MLB level players from the 40 man roster it seems like I've prevented it from doing it's own call ups/send downs, which it was doing for a while.

I just feel like I'm wasting my time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 09:24 AM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will they ever fix 30 Team "control"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDL375
In Franchise I play as the Yankees, but I like to set the Rosters, lineups, rotations, and bullpens of all 30 teams....but the CPU is CONSTANTLY changing EVERYTHING.

It's moving people from the bullpen to the rotation and vice versa, changing who the closer and set up men are....it NEVER uses the lineups that I set.

In almost all games I start, in the FIRST INNING before a pitch has been thrown, the CPU does defensive replacements to take out the guys I put in the lineup for the other team.

So really....what is the point? 30 Team Control doesn't exist because it does whatever the hell it wants to anyway.

At least by removing all non MLB level players from the 40 man roster it seems like I've prevented it from doing it's own call ups/send downs, which it was doing for a while.

I just feel like I'm wasting my time.
First, I have never seen the CPU do a callup/send down in all my years of playing exclusively with 30 team control. (Except if you finish spring training (if you're playing with a 40 man rosters as opposed to a 25 man roster. It will then arbitrarily do the 40 to 25 man adjustment for you. So, it would be necessary for you to do each team PRIOR to the start of the regular season).

I have a feeling if the CPU is pulling players in the first inning (and it will do this) if you have assigned players in positions that they are not assigned. For example, if you have an outfielder who plays LF, and RF for his secondary position and you put him in CF the CPU will replace him when that team goes into the field in the first inning with someone who does have CF as a position.

I have also never seen the CPU mess with the pitching rotations. If you don't have all four slots filled the CPU will fill that and you might get a RP in that slot.

The CPU WILL give guys rests when there are players whose energy is down and it may give you a lineup you aren't satisfied (temporarily). Remember, when the CPU sets a lineup it doesn't see names, it sees player attributes.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 06-13-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
First, I have never seen the CPU do a callup/send down in all my years of playing exclusively with 30 team control. (Except if you finish spring training (if you're playing with a 40 man rosters as opposed to a 25 man roster. It will then arbitrarily do the 40 to 25 man adjustment for you. So, it would be necessary for you to do each team PRIOR to the start of the regular season).

I have a feeling if the CPU is pulling players in the first inning (and it will do this) if you have assigned players in positions that they are not assigned. For example, if you have an outfielder who plays LF, and RF for his secondary position and you put him in CF the CPU will replace him when that team goes into the field in the first inning with someone who does have CF as a position.

I have also never seen the CPU mess with the pitching rotations. If you don't have all four slots filled the CPU will fill that and you might get a RP in that slot.

The CPU WILL give guys rests when there are players whose energy is down and it may give you a lineup you aren't satisfied (temporarily). Remember, when the CPU sets a lineup it doesn't see names, it sees player attributes.
In order to have certain pitchers pitch on certain days during Franchise, I need to move them around to different slots, and I guess the game doesn't like the "best" pitcher not being in the #1 slot.

My game also keeps moving Cam Bedrosian back to the bullpen. I put him in the rotation because he started a game for the Angels against the Yankees this year, but the game does NOT like him being in the rotation and keeps moving him back to the pen.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
In order to have certain pitchers pitch on certain days during Franchise, I need to move them around to different slots, and I guess the game doesn't like the "best" pitcher not being in the #1 slot.

My game also keeps moving Cam Bedrosian back to the bullpen. I put him in the rotation because he started a game for the Angels against the Yankees this year, but the game does NOT like him being in the rotation and keeps moving him back to the pen.
Did you change his primary position to SP?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #5
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

If you're moving pitchers around, are you taking into consideration that to do so might mean a fatigued pitcher doesn't get rest? If you put Bedrosian in the starting rotation just wondering if you changed his stamina (also as was said from RP to SP).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 03:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
If you're moving pitchers around, are you taking into consideration that to do so might mean a fatigued pitcher doesn't get rest? If you put Bedrosian in the starting rotation just wondering if you changed his stamina (also as was said from RP to SP).
I have not been messing with changing people from RP to SP or editing stamina because in some cases, these guys are not starters, they are "openers" in real life and I didn't really want somebody who only pitches 1-3 innings per game pitching a complete game shutout against me.

The game really doesn't know how to handle "openers" yet, I guess.

Somebody like Cam Bedrosian, he's pitched 31 games this season, 7 starts. So he's pitching in many different roles. He's even served as a closer in the past.

Last edited by JDL375; 06-13-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
I have not been messing with changing people from RP to SP or editing stamina because in some cases, these guys are not starters, they are "openers" in real life and I didn't really want somebody who only pitches 1-3 innings per game pitching a complete game shutout against me.

The game really doesn't know how to handle "openers" yet, I guess.
No, it looks at the primary position. The CPU will recognize that Bedrosian is a RP and that a starter is in the bullpen and swap the two.

The only time the CPU will start a relief pitcher is if their starter suffers a day of game injury and they have to use a spot starter for that day.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »