Home

TKO Prioritization (over KO's ever single time)?

This is a discussion on TKO Prioritization (over KO's ever single time)? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2019, 03:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
TKO Prioritization (over KO's ever single time)?

Hey guys,

I am looking through threads about the new game wish-list and whatnot, but another thing I haven't really heard a lot on is the KO percentages in all of this franchises games. It seems to me that Ref interaction and TKO's should have a waaaaay higher probability than straight up lights out KO's that happen every-time in this game. Has anyone heard if they are planning on fixing that up a bit in the next iteration? A clean KO or even a not so clean KO for that matter would feel so much more satisfying if most fights ended either by decision or TKO as they tend to in real life.
Just trying to solicit any info anyone may have on the subject or thoughts on the topic.

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2019, 12:27 PM   #2
MVP

Re: TKO Prioritization (over KO's ever single time)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
Hey guys,

I am looking through threads about the new game wish-list and whatnot, but another thing I haven't really heard a lot on is the KO percentages in all of this franchises games. It seems to me that Ref interaction and TKO's should have a waaaaay higher probability than straight up lights out KO's that happen every-time in this game. Has anyone heard if they are planning on fixing that up a bit in the next iteration? A clean KO or even a not so clean KO for that matter would feel so much more satisfying if most fights ended either by decision or TKO as they tend to in real life.
Just trying to solicit any info anyone may have on the subject or thoughts on the topic.

Thanks in advance
I believe is 50/50 the game doesn’t have a fluid gnp because of this when u jump in guard to finish the fight your only gain ins frustration kkkk
Old 06-21-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I also don't have the impression that full KOs are much more common than deadly KNDs.

I'm curious for comments from other users on this matter.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I also don't have the impression that full KOs are much more common than deadly KNDs.

I'm curious for comments from other users on this matter.
Looking at the finishes in my league/universe, I have way more TKOs than KOs since GPD patched in the new finish the fight features.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Looking at the finishes in my league/universe, I have way more TKOs than KOs since GPD patched in the new finish the fight features.
Interesting I was somewhat referring to how the fighters go limp/dead most of the time at least in my games and the streams I watch online. Curious are your TKOs coming from peeps turtling up and the ref coming in, or are the KO (animations) actually getting logged as TKO's sometimes do you know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
Interesting I was somewhat referring to how the fighters go limp/dead most of the time at least in my games and the streams I watch online. Curious are your TKOs coming from peeps turtling up and the ref coming in, or are the KO (animations) actually getting logged as TKO's sometimes do you know?
Recently, I've seen a ton of cage TKOs (and recoveries). I also have seen plenty of the knockdown and then follow up with strikes TKOs.

With that said, ground TKO's need a TON of work. Since its unlikely that we will ever get standing TKOs, they need to work on improving the ground ones and making them more realistic.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #7
Pro

The only way I'd ever want more TKOs is if they make them more dynamic/physics-based.

I honestly don't finish an opponent via TKO sometimes just so I get the chance of seeing something different with the KO physics, and the KO physics even took a step back from UFC 2.

They really need two parts for this:

1. The fighter who is getting TKOed should have a TKO "behavior" that triggers their arms covering up their head, but have it react dynamically to any situation. So basically the arms would be the only thing being animated, not the entire fighter. This way the fighter could be falling, against the cage, trying to keep balance, or even in on the ground and this "behavior" would still activate without it being the same exact animation you see every-time.

2. The fighter doing the TKOing should go into a super strike tracking mode when the other fighter's "TKO behavior" activates. What I mean by this is, no matter where the other fighter is, the offensive fighter's strikes should now track the other fighter. So if the other fighter is falling, getting up, against the cage, ect. you should be allowed to still throw strikes with free flowing combos rather than entering a pre-canned animation where you throw the same type of strike in the same position every-time (obviously EA UFC 3 has variations of these pre-canned animations based on positions, but that still does not feel fresh over time)

Add these two things for TKOs, and I'd be all for having more of them.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:09 AM   #8
MVP

Yeah, physics based would be good.

Failing that, if strong strikes were ever added, perhaps the strong strikes could be more KTFO worthy, if their animations are done justice.

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »