Home

"High level fighter" vs. Pedestrian fighter

This is a discussion on "High level fighter" vs. Pedestrian fighter within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2019, 03:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"High level fighter" vs. Pedestrian fighter

If the game mechanics and damage systems were grounded in reality this conversation wouldn't come up nearly as often. Most of the more grounded in reality sims usually don't have this come up nearly as much when discussing game mechanics, and I'm not only referring to sports. I'm even thinking of things like Arma or maybe even Rainbow Six.
I guess in short if we made the core systems, damage, stamina, etc.. Even the move and physics emulation closer to real life this shouldn't be spoke about nearly as much. Every time any "gamey" mechanic comes up it seems to be either barked at by the "Pedestrian" fighters, or the "High level fighters" for opposing views. Seems problematic to me, anyone else notice this, and do you think it's possible to address by tuning core mechanics of the simulation?

I didn't follow the UD3 forums nearly as much as this franchise, but did this conversation come up as much on the Undisputed 3 forums? From what I remember I don't recall this being a part of the conversation nearly as much as it has been for this franchise, perhaps I'm wrong however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
Pro

Re: "High level fighter" vs. Pedestrian fighter

"(Un)realistic" has devolved into a pretty meaningless buzzword in sports games since whenever someone has an issue with the gameplay they just throw it out there without really expanding on it. Therefore, I would imagine that the complaint will always be there for any meta.

(Obviously calling something unrealistic isn't inherently wrong)
Old 06-21-2019, 08:54 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
"(Un)realistic" has devolved into a pretty meaningless buzzword in sports games since whenever someone has an issue with the gameplay they just throw it out there without really expanding on it. Therefore, I would imagine that the complaint will always be there for any meta.

(Obviously calling something unrealistic isn't inherently wrong)
Here, let me give you a hint. It’s often used in the context of damage, stamina and less often for the s*** mini game we have for the ground game.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:02 PM   #4
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

By "fighter" do you mean "player"?
Old 06-21-2019, 02:00 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

So this thread led me to down a rabbit hole.

The THQ forums are no longer active so I couldnt access those anymore. So I did a little digging in the OS forums looking for UD3 threads. All of the threads related to MMA games before EA UFC are in the MMA forum so I did a quick look and its funny how many of the same issues in the EA UFC series were complained about with UD3.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...hread-122.html

- Ranked stamina being unrealistic.
- Issues with the sub system. (OSers loved the EA MMA system)
- Grappling complaints like easy reversals and random glitches.
- AI issues (Anderson Silva constantly going for takedowns)

To answer the OP's question, its tough because OS back then was an offline forum. There are threads that complain about no sim stamina in ranked but if you look at that thread most of the people are talking about AI and career mode. Ever since the EA forums closed this became an online forum.

One last thing, I swear if anyone calls me an EA shill, all they have to do is look at my posts for UD3. I was over the top with my love for that game. It was ridiculous. If anything, I'm a UFC shill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2019, 02:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
By "fighter" do you mean "player"?
Glad you called this out, but the threads I seen kept saying "High level fighters" I originally typed it as High Level Player, but then went back and edited it as not to offend anyone as clearly that's how they refer to themselves :-P
Old 06-21-2019, 02:36 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

The THQ forums are no longer active so I couldnt access those anymore. So I did a little digging in the OS forums looking for UD3 threads. All of the threads related to MMA games before EA UFC are in the MMA forum so I did a quick look and its funny how many of the same issues in the EA UFC series were complained about with UD3.

To answer the OP's question, its tough because OS back then was an offline forum. There are threads that complain about no sim stamina in ranked but if you look at that thread most of the people are talking about AI and career mode. Ever since the EA forums closed this became an online forum.

One last thing, I swear if anyone calls me an EA shill, all they have to do is look at my posts for UD3. I was over the top with my love for that game. It was ridiculous. If anything, I'm a UFC shill.
Nice sleuthing man!

Can't wait till I get back later to dig around through these. So you were seeing the same kind of: "Don't change *this thing* because the high level players will be upset" type of stuff? See my memory is definitely not to be relied upon these days
Old 06-21-2019, 02:48 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

-Issues with the sub system: I believe ea mma was the only one that had at good system.

-unrealistic stamina: it was, but the sim mode was pretty accurate

-easy revelsals u can put on punch and flip exploit meta... reversals work the same ways that deny work in this game, but with no stamina penalty

- I don’t remember the AÍ but I was an offline player so I think was good

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »