Home

Dynasty with Non-User Controlled Coach/School

This is a discussion on Dynasty with Non-User Controlled Coach/School within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Dynasty with Non-User Controlled Coach/School

This is an idea I've been considering for a while. Just wondering if anyone has ever done it, or anything like it, before.

I feel like even when you just turn on all of the Auto-Recruit features and let the CPU recruit for you, that the USER controlled team seems to always have a better recruiting class than it should. So, instead of House Rules on one's own recruiting, I thought about doing a dynasty as either a non-USER controlled coach or school.

Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts and ideas on this before I get started. Which would you go with? Which do you think would be more entertaining? I think they would both be fun, in different ways.

1. Stick with school - coaches, players, playbooks - everything would change underneath you. Your role would be playing as all of the players to go through the university throughout the years. Through all of the ups and downs, coaching changes, possible conference changes. Basically, you ARE the student athletes.

2. Stick with the coach - wherever the coach decides to go, so do you. The jobs accepted will be totally out of your hands, adding to the randomness of it all. I'm not currently sure whether it would be the HC or coordinator playbooks that would be used, but one could make it go either way really. In this mode, you would be all of the student athletes to ever play for this particular coach, wherever his career may take him. This mode would have the same effects on recruiting, and the changes in scenery over the years as the coach changed jobs.

So, that's what I have so far. Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2019, 03:05 PM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Dynasty with Non-User Controlled Coach/School

Sounds interesting bro. So to make sure I understand what you're saying...you would take control of a cpu based team and with "Stick With The School" you would just play the games only with the players that come and go regardless of coaching changes, recruits coming in etc...or "Stick With The Coach" meaning you choose a coach of a cpu based team...play as his team only, which includes if he changes jobs you play as that team?

If I'm following you man I think that would be a great idea and I throw my vote in for "Stick With The School" lol.

Question though...and I don't know if anyone else would know this or not...but what if you started a Dynasty, signed the contract in game...then saved it at the beginning of Preason...went into the editor and switched your user team to cpu controlled, do you think the game would recognize that? I know we can USER control all 120+ teams, but I don't know if we could have the CPU control all of them.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 06-25-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:20 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty with Non-User Controlled Coach/School

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Sounds interesting bro. So to make sure I understand what you're saying...you would take control of a cpu based team and with "Stick With The School" you would just play the games only with the players that come and go regardless of coaching changes, recruits coming in etc...or "Stick With The Coach" meaning you choose a coach of a cpu based team...play as his team only, which includes if he changes jobs you play as that team?

If I'm following you man I think that would be a great idea and I throw my vote in for "Stick With The School" lol.

Question though...and I don't know if anyone else would know this or not...but what if you started a Dynasty, signed the contract in game...then saved it at the beginning of Preason...went into the editor and switched your user team to cpu controlled, do you think the game would recognize that? I know we can USER control all 120+ teams, but I don't know if we could have the CPU control all of them.
Yeah, you basically ignore the coach that you actually are and play out the dynasty through another coach or school, having things be out of your hands. Sounds like you understand me just fine. 1 vote for school.

And I have no idea about all CPU controlled coaches. That's a great idea, though. That would be even better, if you could still go to "Scores/Schedules" and play the games of your choosing, without there having to be a USER coach that is set on AUTO and ignored.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »