Home

Making The Show more User-Friendly

This is a discussion on Making The Show more User-Friendly within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2019, 02:07 AM   #1
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

OVR: 0
Making The Show more User-Friendly

Maybe it’s just me, but I found MLB The Show 18 to be a...not very user friendly game. Especially in franchise. Now I haven’t bought The Show 19 because I didn’t think they made enough meaningful additions to franchise that could’ve been added in as a patch in 18, but I digress.

So I don’t know if they’ve changed these things or not but in case they haven’t, here’s some ideas:

1) Allow the Pitch Meter for Meter pitching to be manually placed by the user. This rarely happens but sometimes when you have a pitcher that is facing the opposite handedness batter, the batter’s hands and/or bat collide with the meter...and it really screws me up. Messes with my eyes and I believe I’m not alone in that. Nothing major, it’s just something that could make people more comfortable in pitching in Meter.

2) Remove that blinding white sky that appears on Clear Skies weather. I hope you guys know the one I’m talking about and I’m not just crazy or have a broken game. The blinding white sky hurts my eyes horribly and makes it hard to see the ball because there’s no contrast. A simple clean blue sky would look so much better. Other than that, bye-bye clear skies and hello Partly Cloudy.

3) An extensive In-Depth tutorial of Franchise features. I have seen this to be asked for, for a while. I know they changed how the Budgets work in 19 but I think people may still be confused on how it works. I know I still haven’t a damn clue on how Budgets are increased or decreased in 18. Coach attributes are still a big question mark and have no real explanation. An in-depth tutorial is desperately needed.

and

4) defensive throw urgency determined by User, not AI. The AI likes to take its sweet arse time getting balls in which has costed me several bases and games. Seen this complaint more than enough.

Let me know what you guys think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2019, 06:35 AM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Making The Show more User-Friendly

1. You can already edit and move the pitch meter.

2. I have never seen a blindingly white sky, not saying it doesn't bother you or its not there. Just saying its not an issue for me

3. Tutorials never hurt. More info for new players is a good thing.

4 More user control for the defense and base running would be nice in my book.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #3
Rookie

Yes, the blinding clear skies are awful.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDz
Yes, the blinding clear skies are awful.
A clean blue sky would look so much better
Old 07-03-2019, 06:38 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

put yer sunshades on. there is no excuse more basebally than "the sun got in my eyes " lol

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2019, 10:12 PM   #6
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
2. I have never seen a blindingly white sky, not saying it doesn't bother you or its not there. Just saying its not an issue for me
I think he's referring to this type of thing, which I just assumed is the game's way of simulating photo exposure from the in-game camera. It's most prominent in afternoon/early evening (as you'd expect, with the sun lowering). Batting angle also makes a difference too, as more or less of the sky and field are shown.

Doesn't bother me either but if this is what he's talking about, I can see how some might be bothered.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #7
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
put yer sunshades on. there is no excuse more basebally than "the sun got in my eyes " lol
Not my point but that was funny lol

It hurts my eyes and yeah that picture the guy linked is what I’m talking about. I don’t mind the the white sky, I just don’t like it being so vibrant cause it really does make my eyes hurt and I have to avoid playing on Clear Skies weather in the late afternoon and evening games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »