Home

Madden 20: Analyzing EA's New Player Ratings and How They Affect the Rookies

This is a discussion on Madden 20: Analyzing EA's New Player Ratings and How They Affect the Rookies within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden 20: Analyzing EA's New Player Ratings and How They Affect the Rookies

Unlike past seasons, EA is hell bent on differentiating players based on their individual skills, abilities...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
I really like rating spread but I am still concerning about sim stats engine don't get fixed in final build
Old 07-11-2019, 05:07 PM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Madden 20: Analyzing EA's New Player Ratings and How They Affect the Rookies

"My biggest gripe with the new rating overhaul is how it will affect some of the lesser-rated teams in Madden 20. If last year a player on the lowly Cardinals had a 70-overall rating and was a starter, that player very well could find himself with a 55-60 in this year’s game. This means that player won’t be very good and may also play like a perennial backup. Nevertheless, it is something that fans of the lower-rated teams should be very much aware of this season. After all, everyone is going to use the teams at the top of the virtual totem pole."

How is this a bad thing? Bad players in real life should be bad players in the game... It seems like you want them to have some type of participation trophy for being in the NFL where they can't be rated accurately so their fans don't feel bad... Cardinals fans and Dolphins fans should feel how horrible their teams are when they play with them.

I see that your picture has a Dolphins player in it so maybe the reason you're not a fan of this accuracy is because you want the Dolphins to feel like they're actually a viable franchise and not a second rate team that could finish with the worst record in the league.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #4
Rookie

This is really exciting. Even though the Seahawks are easily my #1 favourite team I am excited to try out Kyler Murray's Cardinals this upcoming season! Super fun player to watch highlights of. The development trait should be included on the spreadsheet for these rookies. It's 100% fair to have them lower rated to begin with and have appropriate potential. Don't rate them to high too soon.*

Can you please write an article detailing the specific attributes of the archetypes on a player career? This is how I design my players. Or if you don't I will just make an Excel document when I get the game and design my players from that.*
Old 07-11-2019, 05:16 PM   #5
Pro

Re: Madden 20: Analyzing EA's New Player Ratings and How They Affect the Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Unlike past seasons, EA is hell bent on differentiating players based on their individual skills, abilities...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.
Okay, that pic looks nothing like Kyler Murray lol

EDIT: Oh, and on the actual topic, I'm looking forward to the ratings spread. And I'm REALLY looking forward to the rookie progression. Don't want there to be a league full of 99's 8 years into my Franchise, but I also don't want there to be none.

Last edited by Kid OS; 07-11-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2019, 05:21 PM   #6
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

I'm really interested to see how well all of this is tuned with gameplay as well as progression. If it all works right, building a team and maintaining it will finally be a challenge.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #7
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
I'm interested in how this impacts #1 drafted rookie QBs in future seasons that should be starters. In past Madden's, the CPU would sign a veteran QB and take the starts away.

I hope rebuilding teams recognize that their QB with higher potential should start over the veteran with a higher overall. Or something like that.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 07-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19
this ratings system has so much potential in a cfm/dynasty mode.* I can see alot of parity in a cfm universe,* fluctuations with a teams dominance should occur if the drafted players are done correctly.***
Hopefully the progression of players or roster updates dont skew the numbers too much.**

Also, roster updates probably wont be needed with this type of feature.* again only if player progressions are done correctly.

like the article says, this sounds good in theory and has plenty of potential.*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »