Home

007 is now a woman

This is a discussion on 007 is now a woman within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2019, 10:31 PM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
007 is now a woman

Lashana Lynch will play 007 in new James Bond movie: report

....and there it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2019, 11:06 PM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 007 is now a woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Who's going to drop their popcorn now that they know it's coming?

Watch me play video games
Old 07-15-2019, 12:27 AM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

It’s their choice to cast who they want. It’s my choice to not spend the money to see this movie based on their decisions.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:08 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 8

So uh....

The Hero We Need.png
Old 07-15-2019, 01:37 AM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I found the start of the article very curious: "James Bond fans wanting 007 to be either black or female are in for a double treat — with the movie spy about to be played by a black woman, according to a report on Sunday."

Don't wanna make this about sex/gender. Don't wanna make this about race. Do wanna make this about exactly what percentage of authentic James Bond fans want to see James Bonds' persona change? C'mon now.

Is a Larry Croft movie far behind?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2019, 01:48 AM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Wait, why would she be 007 though if Craig's Bond still exists in this universe? In Spectre, Q refers to a 009 agent. If somebody resigns/retires as an agent, is their number replaced as well?

And if they wanted a beautiful, young, black British woman, why didn't they just use the person who is playing Moneypenny? She could get off the desk job and back into the field again. They can't pretend like Skyfall didn't happen, and Bond hasn't worked with somebody else before.

Anyway, off-topic but if you haven't seen Atomic Blonde before... well, I wouldn't recommend it, but there is a bonkers fight scene in that movie that makes me want to see more R-rated goodness from a spy film.

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 07-15-2019 at 02:12 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:14 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Wait, why would she be 007 though if Craig's Bond still exists in this universe? In Spectre, Q refers to a 009 agent. If somebody resigns/retires as an agent, is their number replaced as well?

And if they wanted a beautiful, young, black British woman, why didn't they just use the person who is playing Moneypenny? She could get off the desk job and back into the field again. They can't pretend like Skyfall didn't happen, and Bond hasn't worked with somebody else before.

Anyway, off-topic but if you haven't seen Atomic Blonde before... well, I wouldn't recommend it, but there is a bonkers fight scene in that movie that makes me want to see more R-rated goodness from a spy film.

Looks like the number is just reused.

This doesn't sound good. They are using Bond to then do a bait and switch. They are on the PC women empowerment track, but invalidate that by the fact that the new 007 can't get the job done without Bond. 007 is a character, changing the gender is going to completely change the character.

If you want to make a 007 movie with a female lead, fine, but make a new character. Don't try to get people to go see it who are 007 fans when you are changing the premise of the movie.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2019, 03:30 AM   #8
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

So...the new lead gets the 007 number, but Bond still exists. Seems like a real "try to appeal to everyone" move.

Probably would've made more sense to, since this is a new character, just have it as its' own kickass female spy thing instead of this weird "she's 007 but not James Bond" thing they've got going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »