Home

Why Isn't Sweatgate Here?

This is a discussion on Why Isn't Sweatgate Here? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2019, 12:25 AM   #1
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0
Why Isn't Sweatgate Here?

We've seen several screenshots from previous years, where 2K has attempted to make graphics look better, simply by showing a picture of a player with no sweat, and then adding a picture of that player with sweat the following year.

For example, to advertise for 2K19, Lebron James in 2K18 was shown with no sweat, and sweat was added in the 2K19 picture to make it look better.

In 2K20, we see the same exact trend. Now we are shown a picture of Lebron James in 2K19 with no sweat, and now we see him drenched in sweat in 2K20.

This seems like pretty deceptive marketing. I don't see anything on the forums about it. I'm not trying to cause a super scandal or anything, but I think they need to know this isn't okay.

Am I completely off base or not? And if anyone has the screenshots from previous games, feel free to share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 01:12 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Why Isn't Sweatgate Here?

I just posted about this in another thread. Crap really isn’t cool at all and everyone has caught on to it at this point.

Last edited by KobeDropped81; 07-16-2019 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:15 AM   #3
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
We've seen several screenshots from previous years, where 2K has attempted to make graphics look better, simply by showing a picture of a player with no sweat, and then adding a picture of that player with sweat the following year.

For example, to advertise for 2K19, Lebron James in 2K18 was shown with no sweat, and sweat was added in the 2K19 picture to make it look better.

In 2K20, we see the same exact trend. Now we are shown a picture of Lebron James in 2K19 with no sweat, and now we see him drenched in sweat in 2K20.

This seems like pretty deceptive marketing. I don't see anything on the forums about it. I'm not trying to cause a super scandal or anything, but I think they need to know this isn't okay.

Am I completely off base or not? And if anyone has the screenshots from previous games, feel free to share.
It's actually been mentioned a LOT, as well as the camera angles, but as a consumer...

You should know this is coming. This paradigm is apart of every gaming exec's marketing ploy, exaggerating trailers, teasers, and screenshots for promo.

Luckily, you don't HAVE to buy the game early. You can wait 'til it drops, compare games and decide on the buy. I never break the mold no matter what they release.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:53 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

2K doesn't post the comparisons, they just post the screenshot.

Of course they are going to post pictures from the preferable angle/ lighting...that's just common sense. There really isnt a conspiracy to unlock here..I find it a bit humorous that this is the 'thing' this year.

I could see if the pictures they posted werent obtainable in the game...THAT would be deceptive...but they are.

You can go in 2K19's replay mode right now and get this:

tapatalk_1563270217741.jpeg
Old 07-16-2019, 06:22 AM   #5
Banned

2K will post all these high def screenshots with players sweating and all but then players look like David Aldridge when he looked cracked out for the past 4 years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 08:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
2K will post all these high def screenshots with players sweating and all but then players look like David Aldridge when he looked cracked out for the past 4 years
LMAO I just love cutting DA off when he starts talking.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:48 PM   #7
Pro

I replied to the screenshot thread saying this exact thing.

Its one super ashy pic vs baby oil and perfect lighting and great angle, of course one will look way better.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:49 PM   #8
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96
LMAO I just love cutting DA off when he starts talking.
I always laugh after I do that because the announcers are like Thanks DA! lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »