Home

Why are screens broken now?

This is a discussion on Why are screens broken now? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Why are screens broken now?

Or more broken than they were before anyway...

Call for a screen and the screener just wanders around aimlessly clutching his crotch. Not even in the vicinity of the ball handler.

Illegal screens are still massively frustrating but it was never this bad before right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2019, 05:13 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Why are screens broken now?

The root problem of this and many other problems is the players dont seem to actually know where they are on the court... Or their teammates... Or their defenders... Or the out of bounds... Or the Ball.

A glitch used to happen when I played a zone defense. The other guy would try and call a screen and his screener would set it far as hell in a random spot facing a random direction.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:09 PM   #3
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

I thought I was the only one. Sometimes screens work... just barely and other times the screener just watches the defender jog past him. Makes shooting even tougher than it should be.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:45 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
The root problem of this and many other problems is the players dont seem to actually know where they are on the court... Or their teammates... Or their defenders... Or the out of bounds... Or the Ball.

A glitch used to happen when I played a zone defense. The other guy would try and call a screen and his screener would set it far as hell in a random spot facing a random direction.
Well to my broad experience over on the different ISPs and online stability and days and hours of testing, the root problem besides yours ofcourse, is SERVERS and Connection Quality from your home to their servers whether offline and online. Believe me offline is widely affected by the internet quality and server connection on this gen consoles.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Well to my broad experience over on the different ISPs and online stability and days and hours of testing, the root problem besides yours ofcourse, is SERVERS and Connection Quality from your home to their servers whether offline and online. Believe me offline is widely affected by the internet quality and server connection on this gen consoles.
Interesting. Are you able to explain how?

I've spent months tinkering with the sliders and arriving at a set that feels perfect for me, only for the Cpu to suddenly shoot 80% from the field and hit 6/8 from three in like 2 minutes. Just inexplicably overpowered after a streak of balanced, competitive games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2019, 11:42 AM   #6
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

The illegal screen calls are broken as hell. Especially for user's. You call a screen and you sometimes don't even have to do anything to get called for an illegal screen. Playing the CPU this is even worse, as the CPU hardly ever gets called.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:58 AM   #7
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Lol they need to just remake the whole damn pick and roll system.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:01 AM   #8
Rookie

There's gotta be a way to bring balance to the screen system other than "let's just cheat the user" thing they have going on now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »