Home

SEGA does What Nintendont - A 1999 Seattle Mariners Franchise

This is a discussion on SEGA does What Nintendont - A 1999 Seattle Mariners Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
SEGA does What Nintendont - A 1999 Seattle Mariners Franchise

"Sega hopes to do what NintenDIDNT = WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"

In this alternate history, Nintendo Of America has sold their share of the Seattle Mariners to Sega Of America, who intend to run the notoriously cheap team quite differently than their counterparts. The first move new ownership made was to bring back Randy Johnson after a brief stint in Houston. New ownership also fully intends to keep Ken Griffey from leaving in free agency next season as well. This will be the Seattle Mariners the way fans wish it were run. I'd like to get some fan input on certain moves throughout the season so hopefully there are some Mariners fans here.

Rather than include just write ups or box scores of games, I will include actual video of the games and series played.

With that said, here the prologue video for the start of the season! It previews the team I'm using, as well as the rest of the leagues rosters.

Around the MLB, Will the Yankees lose a game this year? Will the Twins win a game this year? Can the retooled Atlanta Braves put an end tot he Yankees American League dominance? How many home runs can McGwire and Sosa hit this season, and can they translate it into psot season success?

The season opens with the first ever game at Safeco Field, against the stacked Cleveland Indians.

Play ball!
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

Last edited by Culture Rot; 07-18-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 12:47 PM   #2
MVP

Re: SEGA does What Nintendont - A 1999 Seattle Mariners Franchise

Opening day at Safeco Field in Seattle, as Griffey and the Mariners take on the offenseive power house Cleveland Indians.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 07-19-2019, 07:02 PM   #3
MVP

In this episode, the Mariners look to avoid a sweep to start the season at the hands of the loaded Cleveland Indians. Jamie Moyer takes the mound for the Mariners. This one was a battle.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #4
MVP

Our Seattle Mariners started off the season being swept by the Indians. We go into this day time double header against Barry Bonds and the San Francisco Giants looking for our first and perhaps second win. Let's play two, and see how it goes!
Old 07-22-2019, 11:56 AM   #5
MVP

After battling two of the best teams in the league to start the season, our Mariners begin a series with the Twins. Will the M's get some breathing room as they face one of the worst projected teams in the league? Or do they? Nothing has come easy for these Mariners so far, as Griffey and A-Rod have gotten off to slow starts. Let's see ow the worst offense in the league fares up against the Big Unit Randy Johnson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 08:29 PM   #6
MVP

The Mariners find themselves on a winning streak heading into the final game of the series against the winless Minnesota Twins. Will they get their first win, or will the Mariners winning streak continue? Griffey is struggling thus far, looking way too eager at the plate.

Jeff Fassaro (Seattle) takes the mound against Eric Milton (Twins) in this one.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #7
MVP

WINNING STREAK ALERT

The Mariner's take a winning streak into this game against the Kansas City Royals. Griffey, A-Rod, and the Mariners bats have begin to surge. However, with Mariners closer Jose Mesa, no lead is quite safe.

Freddy Garcia (Mariners) faces Jay Witasick (Royals)
Old 08-06-2019, 09:31 AM   #8
MVP

Oakland A's vow to put a stop to Mariners Win Streak

The Seattle Mariners start a new series against divisional rivals the Oakland A's, who are looking to put an end to the Mariners streak. Oakland A's first basemen Jason Giambi just about promised to do as much. Randy Johnson takes the mound against Kenny Rogers in this one. Buckle up buckaroos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »