Home

What difficulty do you play on?

This is a discussion on What difficulty do you play on? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What difficulty do you play on?

I'm just curious to see where others are on the difficulty spectrum, and their philosophies for why they play that way. I've been fluctuating between All-Star and Superstar throughout the year. The game feels harder since the most recent patch, so I'm going to try All-Star again. Could just be me though.

For what it's worth, I also play with Real Player % for both free throws and shooting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 03:31 PM   #2
Rookie

cwoods22's Arena

Re: What difficulty do you play on?

12 min quarters, Superstar/HOF difficulty depending how the current game is balanced/patched. I also spend a decent amount of time tinkering with sliders to actually get good games against the cpu. Ideally, if I am playing as the Suns against the Warriors I should lose 8/10 games played. Game gets boring if you are constantly trouncing the AI by 30.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods22
12 min quarters, Superstar/HOF difficulty depending how the current game is balanced/patched. I also spend a decent amount of time tinkering with sliders to actually get good games against the cpu. Ideally, if I am playing as the Suns against the Warriors I should lose 8/10 games played. Game gets boring if you are constantly trouncing the AI by 30.
Im very similar. HOF with slightly adjusted sliders so they aren’t automatic.

I adjust all of their shooting sliders between 51-53 for the CPU, keep all my shooting sliders on default HOF settings, and adjust the fatigue rate for the CPU and I to 46.

This gives me great competitive games with realistic results.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Against the CPU, HOF/Simulation/ 10 minute qtrs.
The first month Ill play allstar and Star my GM on Superstar. If I start blowing people out every game, or like win 5-10 in a row, then I up it to HOF. I have a tough time against 76ers, Warriors, and for some reason, the Suns

NBA2k and NCAA were the two games I could play the CPU on default HOF/Heisman respectively and have fun.
Madden always sucked at this. All Pro is too easy, but All Madden is just cheap and not fun.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:39 PM   #5
Just started!

12 minute quarters on HOF default sliders, user timing. I’ve started to play with all visual stuff off other than play art and broadcast camera to make it as close to the real NBA as I can. Been doing this for 10 games so far in MyGM as the Cavs and am 2-8 but that’s after starting 0-7 lol but I feel I’m getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 08:45 AM   #6
Rookie

2Kray's Arena

HOF, 12 min quarters, broadcast low camera has always been my standard.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:26 PM   #7
Banned

HoF is such a pain in the ***. I was playing Warriors the other day and you have players like quin cook who shot 7/7 field goal, you have them shooting 18/20 free throws. And just the first half alone they shot 10/16 from 3.

Its not that i have a problem with teams making shots, its that your teammates literally play stupid all of a sudden is whats annoying. It is so blatantly obvious that your teammates are just more stupid for some reason. I ended up scoring 69 pts that game missing only about 4 shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »