Home

Old 07-24-2019, 06:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
When the game returns wish list

Use this thread as a wish list for when the series is brought back, which I believe it will. Obviously since the game was last made, changes have been made in both the actual sport itself and in gaming, so knowing this, recommend some thoughts on what you'd like to see in the new game, when it does return.
They can be old ideas with updated technology or new ideas previously not noted on wish list threads. I have two that I'm throwing out right now:

Dynasty Mode:
Allow coaches to hire/fire Offensive and Defensive Coordinators and also allow for contract negotiations. Have the user have to decide between a school with superb facilities experiencing some down seasons or a down program looking to throw a ton of cash at their new hire. There could also be Boosters to consider, fan support, academics, current roster talent, recruiting areas, etc. The point is to make the user have to weigh their options with more intricate information.

Road To Glory:
Allow for your athlete to take visits to their Top 5 schools. These "visits" can provide an opportunity for the athlete to see their role on the team, their spot on the depth chart, more detail about the playbook, etc. Also, allow the user to see if any of the player's high school teammates are being recruited to a D1 school, and if so, where they sign, so perhaps teammates could go to the same program, rival schools (which could be noted when the rivals play each other by having the broadcaster note, "Player A & Player B attended the same high school together, but now square off against one another in today's game") or schools within the same conference. Perhaps even allow for the user to be "recruited" by a high school teammate to the school of their choice, or for the user to "recruit" their favorite high school teammate to the school the user desires to attend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 01:40 AM   #2
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: When the game returns wish list

I would like to see them add to what's already there in NCAA14 and build up from there. I want them to go deep into the players. When sending players into Madden we should be able to see who he was in school. His Stats and award history should be in the players profiles during the Scouting and still in his profile til he retires from the NFL. We should b able to see what we are drafting. Give us what's happening in the League.Make the Coaching Carousels more realistic. And the recruitment should be harder to get a 4* or 5* player if you are at a 1 or 2* program..Three * should only be able to go after whatever 4* that in interested in playing at your school. But it should feel like you grinding.But should be able to get some eye candy if you winning..Make sure the patches on the jerseys and the Field is updated and shows as it should if you get a invite into other conference. On NCAA14 it wouldn't show the patches on the jerseys of the teams that switched. Say I put A Mac the in the Big Ten and it has the same team conference patches on them frm there old conference. Same thing on the field. It doesn't show on the teams Field. Please dnt forget this
Old 11-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
I would like to see them add to what's already there in NCAA14 and build up from there. I want them to go deep into the players. When sending players into Madden we should be able to see who he was in school. His Stats and award history should be in the players profiles during the Scouting and still in his profile til he retires from the NFL. We should b able to see what we are drafting. Give us what's happening in the League.Make the Coaching Carousels more realistic. And the recruitment should be harder to get a 4* or 5* player if you are at a 1 or 2* program..Three * should only be able to go after whatever 4* that in interested in playing at your school. But it should feel like you grinding.But should be able to get some eye candy if you winning..Make sure the patches on the jerseys and the Field is updated and shows as it should if you get a invite into other conference. On NCAA14 it wouldn't show the patches on the jerseys of the teams that switched. Say I put A Mac the in the Big Ten and it has the same team conference patches on them frm there old conference. Same thing on the field. It doesn't show on the teams Field. Please dnt forget this
I agree 100% with letting the player's stats and awards follow him to Madden. That seems like a no-brainer to me, especially if EA is the creator for both games, but perhaps there's conflict behind the branding; perhaps Madden, whose brand is on the NFL game, doesn't want to create those sort of ties to the NCAA branded game. Regardless, it should happen.

Honestly, I'd love to see the series grow to the point where you start a Road To Glory athlete, play your college ball, get drafted in the NFL, retire from the league, then return to coaching in Dynasty Mode at the collegiate level, with all your athlete's stats, awards and accomplishments following him. I feel like this kind of integration is only a few years out.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
MVP

Maybe make an option to have the in-depth recruiting from pre-14. Definitely would like to see bigger rosters so we can more-fully recruit. Formation-specific depth charts would be cool (i.e. designating three different halfbacks for B-back and A-back in the flexbone.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
Maybe make an option to have the in-depth recruiting from pre-14. Definitely would like to see bigger rosters so we can more-fully recruit. Formation-specific depth charts would be cool (i.e. designating three different halfbacks for B-back and A-back in the flexbone.
The rosters, one would imagine, have to expand with the new game, as the players will now be compensated in some capacity, which I suspect will come from some sort of wholesale agreement (EA pays x amount for all NCAA athletes, with each athlete getting a share....that's the easiest way, at least). With the expanded rosters, we should see alterations to how recruiting is done, and hopefully some of what you suggest will be considered.

On a separate note, I do suspect that the recent NCAA ruling on players being compensated, plus the NCAA being the NCAA, we won't see a return of "disciplinary issues", bowl bans, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2020, 02:28 AM   #6
Rookie

JimRjr's Arena

I'd like to see more user customization. IE: I want to re name a conference. I once made the old Southwest Conf. All Texas schools and Arkansas. However the Big 12 logos are still showing. Even the goal post padding should be able to be changed if it shows " Big XII".

Love to see a user able - populate your own draft board. Too many times I hope a certain player from my created school or a real school is available on the madden draft class, and he doesn't show up. If the user can customize this it would be cool.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Excellent ideas. I'd love to see some draft cutaways or at least some better info, if the user elects to NOT export the draft class. In the latest version, it simply tells you which round the player went, which is better than nothing, but I'd love to see which selection they were, maybe even have some that don't draft as high or as low as projected due to some unforeseen issue.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Micrmay2113's Arena

I've been thinking about this while I'm playing my UT Martin Dynasty. I'd love to see more program customization. Things such as improving your stadium whether that be adding more seats or even relocating entirely. Option to upgrade uniforms, like adding names to jerseys if you don't have them already. Adding logos to fields if they're not there, more concession stands, etc. If you're someone who likes starting at the bottom of the barrel and work your way up, that would be a fun additional layer. And maybe these upgrades could come from things such as ticket sales for games, donations by organizations to college funds, etc.

Other than that, possibly a Tony Bruno styled radio show that plays during the season. But instead of it being a sports broadcaster, it's a student that goes to the school you choose, and they kind of have their own student funded show where it's more focused around school pride and events going on that involve your team.

I imagine these things have been mentioned at some point or another though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »