Home

QB Scrambling??

This is a discussion on QB Scrambling?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2019, 11:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
QB Scrambling??

Has this changed/improved for Madden 20? Could’ve sworn I read somewhere that it was changed for M20 and more lethal. But in the videos I’ve seen on YouTube it looks exactly the same. I was planning on capitalizing on the new way to play, going to be mighty disappointed if it hasn’t changed at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 08:12 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
QB Scrambling??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
Has this changed/improved for Madden 20? Could’ve sworn I read somewhere that it was changed for M20 and more lethal. But in the videos I’ve seen on YouTube it looks exactly the same. I was planning on capitalizing on the new way to play, going to be mighty disappointed if it hasn’t changed at all.

Yes the CPU AI QBs do scramble now. On default All-Pro the CPU QBs will chew you up if you don't spy them

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 07-26-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:29 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: QB Scrambling??

This might be tied again to QB traits. If he is listed as a scrambler he should be taking off. If he is listed as Pocket he may wind up taking more sacks than he should.

19 had an issue where the QBs did not avoid the rush that well and some just stood there and took sacks...mostly the Pocket guys. Other QB traits also play into this.

For 20, I was hoping that no matter what type of QB there is, that he would do a better job of at least trying to move around in the pocket and escape the rush (unless overwhelmed by 2 or 3 guys). Not just stand there or fade back another 10-15 yards.

Do you guys see that happening in 20? For the less mobile guys I mean.

C
Old 07-26-2019, 09:19 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
This might be tied again to QB traits. If he is listed as a scrambler he should be taking off. If he is listed as Pocket he may wind up taking more sacks than he should.

19 had an issue where the QBs did not avoid the rush that well and some just stood there and took sacks...mostly the Pocket guys. Other QB traits also play into this.

For 20, I was hoping that no matter what type of QB there is, that he would do a better job of at least trying to move around in the pocket and escape the rush (unless overwhelmed by 2 or 3 guys). Not just stand there or fade back another 10-15 yards.

Do you guys see that happening in 20? For the less mobile guys I mean.

C
I have seen some pocket QBs move left and right and even step up as well to avoid sacks.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-26-2019, 10:17 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yes the CPU AI QBs do scramble now. On default All-Pro the CPU QBs will chew you up if you don't spy them

Oh my bad, I meant user QB Scrambling. More specifically, I thought you could freely sprint behind the line of scrimmage as a QB this year. Like if you want you can push a button to make the passing icons go away so your QB isn’t even thinking about passing. Then if you change your mind you can bring them back up and scramble like we’ve been able to.

Does that make sense? Basically meaning you can utilize your QB’s full speed and sprint instead of a half sprint type deal of years past where you can still throw out of it. Sorta like how it was in 2K football back in the day where you could even spin and juke behind the line of scrimmage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 11:00 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Oh my bad, I meant user QB Scrambling. More specifically, I thought you could freely sprint behind the line of scrimmage as a QB this year. Like if you want you can push a button to make the passing icons go away so your QB isn’t even thinking about passing. Then if you change your mind you can bring them back up and scramble like we’ve been able to.

Does that make sense? Basically meaning you can utilize your QB’s full speed and sprint instead of a half sprint type deal of years past where you can still throw out of it. Sorta like how it was in 2K football back in the day where you could even spin and juke behind the line of scrimmage.
Yeah and it's funny you say that because I just talked to Clint Oldenburg, the Madden producer, on Twitter about that.

It is tap LT once to pull the passing icons down and become a runner.
Then tap LT again to go back to being a QB.

That information is not listed anywhere in the game or on the game controls screen so I tweeted to Clint "please add this as it is a really cool function and people need to know how to use it".

Who knows if they'll ever add it though..but that's how you do it.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah and it's funny you say that because I just talked to Clint Oldenburg, the Madden producer, on Twitter about that.

It is tap LT once to pull the passing icons down and become a runner.
Then tap LT again to go back to being a QB.

That information is not listed anywhere in the game or on the game controls screen so I tweeted to Clint "please add this as it is a really cool function and people need to know how to use it".

Who knows if they'll ever add it though..but that's how you do it.
Thanks for getting that officially clarified. You would think they would have added that info to the controls information in game. I remember everyone was confused during the beta as well. Thanks again!
Old 07-26-2019, 11:32 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Bortles ran on me several times once Goff went out in my recent pre season game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »