Home

Jack Hughes in the Beta !

This is a discussion on Jack Hughes in the Beta ! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2019, 03:07 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Jack Hughes in the Beta !

https://youtu.be/YE6OsWk2JVU

How is it possible that Jack Hughes is in the Beta if he doesn’t play any NHL game now ? Usualy EA has no rights to implement US College players before they didn’t play minimum one game in the NHL. So what dies it mean ? Extra licence for Hughes ? New College licence ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 08:08 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Jack Hughes in the Beta !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
https://youtu.be/YE6OsWk2JVU

How is it possible that Jack Hughes is in the Beta if he doesn’t play any NHL game now ? Usualy EA has no rights to implement US College players before they didn’t play minimum one game in the NHL. So what dies it mean ? Extra licence for Hughes ? New College licence ?
They always have draft picks in the beta and usually at release time. I think once preseason begins the NHLPA rule kicks in

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
They always have draft picks in the beta and usually at release time. I think once preseason begins the NHLPA rule kicks in

No that’s not true. Draft picks from licenced leagues yes ( WHL, OHL, QMJHL, some European Leagues ), but never from US College hockey leagues before the player did not play minimum one NHL season game. NHLPA rules only count for NHL Teams, but not for US College Teams. Maybe if they bought licence from IIHF Inernational Federation it could be.

Last edited by Travolterjohn; 07-27-2019 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:42 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
No that’s not true. Draft picks from licenced leagues yes ( WHL, OHL, QMJHL, some European Leagues ), but never from US College hockey leagues before the player did not play minimum one NHL season game. NHLPA rules only count for NHL Teams, but not for US College Teams. Maybe if they bought licence from IIHF Inernational Federation it could be.
He's not a college player. He's USNTP or whatever the national program is called.

Old 07-27-2019, 09:21 AM   #5
Banned

lions67's Arena

Doesn’t matter if God himself is in this game.
This is by far the worst NHL game they have ever put out! And yes, it’s even worse than NHL 15. At least that game sort of had an excuse. There is absolutely no excuses left for EA now.
This series is now officially dead to me.
RIP NHL HOCKEY 1990- 2019
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 09:40 AM   #6
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
Doesn’t matter if God himself is in this game.
This is by far the worst NHL game they have ever put out! And yes, it’s even worse than NHL 15. At least that game sort of had an excuse. There is absolutely no excuses left for EA now.
This series is now officially dead to me.
RIP NHL HOCKEY 1990- 2019
just a curiousity but how is it dead now? i havent tried the beta yet but i have only read good things so far.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 07-27-2019, 10:44 AM   #7
MVP

Many Gamechanger and bots are trying to hype this game. If you read on Twitter the most answers in a EA Thread is very negative. As I have seen from Youtube my first impression is that NHL 20, simply not better than 19. By the way EA has no rights for the NCAA as well as for the USHL League where Hughes and all the other important draft picks like, Turcotte, Vlasic, Caufield and more are playing. ( for US National development Team ) My mistake to add the US Junior league to the College league. Both are Amateur leagues. So EA is not allowed to use names or faces before someone played minimum one NHL game. If you mean I don’t tell the truth name me one example from the last some EA games ? I only wanted to know why this changed for Hughes. Extra licence ? Maybe EA bought rights from the USHL and NCAA ? Only this I wanted to know. As now we know only about the Gameplay from the Beta

Last edited by Travolterjohn; 07-27-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:38 PM   #8
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syce
just a curiousity but how is it dead now? i havent tried the beta yet but i have only read good things so far.
Because this game is the same as the last game. Which was the same as the game before.
It’s old.... it’s stale... it’s boring as chit
So it’s dead.
We need a COMPLETE rehaul here.
We need a new company.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »