Home

CPU vs CPU realism sliders V1

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU realism sliders V1 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2019, 03:27 AM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU vs CPU realism sliders V1

Those of you like myself who are CPU vs CPU fans, I think I've found a quality set of sliders. I've tried them out on the Simulation baseball full minors roster by rovert 22044 and his crew and saw a great variety of offense and pitching. In one game, 5 home runs were hit. In the next game between the same two clubs, only one HR was hit. Chris Sale was a hoss mowing down Detroit Tiger batters over his 3 inning appearance in a spring training game while his counterpart, Michael Fulmer, had 0 strikeouts and 1 walk during his 3 innings of work. Matt Boyd came in and had 2 strikeouts in the 4th inning. Two things you won't see in this set are an abundance of walks and never-ending innings from pitchers both of which are pet peeves of mine.

Try them out and tell me what you think. They're in the vault under the name "CPU vs CPU realism sliders V1"

My PSN is: VOLS423ETN

I have only tried these with the Simulation roster set. Let me know how they work on others as well. Feel free to make suggestions and post comments.

Power: 6
Timing: 5
Foul frequency: 1
Solid hits: 5
Starter stamina: 5
Reliever stamina: 3
Pitcher control: 6
Pitcher consistency: 7
Strike frequency: 6
Manager hook: 5
Pickoffs: 5
Fastball speed: 10
Off speed pitch speed: 10
Fielding errors infield: 6
Fielding errors outfield: 6
Throwing errors infield: 6
Throwing errors outfield: 6
Fielder run speed: 4
Fielder reaction: 4
Fielder arm strength infield: 1
Fielder arm strength outfield: 8
Baserunner speed: 5
Baserunner steal ability: 7
Baserunner steal frequency: 7
Wind: 5
Injury frequency: 8

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 07-29-2019 at 03:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 08:17 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: CPU vs CPU realism sliders V1

I’ll for sure be using these tonight and starting up a new franchise with rovert22044’s roster.

Do the games have to be watched a certain way? I sometimes like to watch in Fast Play mode so I can watch more games in one night but I’m concerned that Fast Play mode might mess with the sliders rather than Broadcast mode.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:59 AM   #3
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

I've found that if you use fast play & quick count with default sliders you get a ton of variety. Maybe it uses the sim engine rather than the normal engine it uses when using regular game speed.

Last edited by JHodges57; 07-29-2019 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:21 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpersak
I’ll for sure be using these tonight and starting up a new franchise with rovert22044’s roster.

Do the games have to be watched a certain way? I sometimes like to watch in Fast Play mode so I can watch more games in one night but I’m concerned that Fast Play mode might mess with the sliders rather than Broadcast mode.
I don't think so. I watch the hybrid presentation and hit the x button to speed things along. Also, if you go into the vault and look under the name "daonlyjmo37", you'll see a good 40 man no injury version of rovert's simulation roster that is called "SIM OS" I believe. I recommend using it.

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 07-29-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:30 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
I don't think so. I watch the hybrid presentation and hit the x button to speed things along. Also, if you go into the vault and look under the name "daonlyjmo37", you'll see a good 40 man version of rovert's simulation roster that is called "SIM OS" I believe. I recommend using it.
Great news because sometimes I like to watch 2-3 games a night and watching 1 game in broadcast mode can sometimes take 2 or more hours lol

Are those 40 man rosters up to date with Minor League prospects and other trades that have happened?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 09:46 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpersak
Great news because sometimes I like to watch 2-3 games a night and watching 1 game in broadcast mode can sometimes take 2 or more hours lol

Are those 40 man rosters up to date with Minor League prospects and other trades that have happened?
It has plenty of minor league prospects, but it doesn't have Encarnacion on the Yankees and is probably missing a few other transactions. If I'm not mistaken, he's talking about releasing a new version right after the trade deadline. It may have trades and updated ratings. Personally, I like the earlier versions closer to opening day, because I don't want some teams loaded while others have been cherry picked out of the gate. That's just me though.

There's another hybrid roster about to be released by Willard that has a thread on the roster forum. It looks to be fantastic as well. I'm interested in seeing if these sliders will work on that set.

Tell me what you think and feel free to post stats. We can make adjustments here and there with the assistance of other posters and make this an excellent CPU vs CPU set.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:09 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
It has plenty of minor league prospects, but it doesn't have Encarnacion on the Yankees and is probably missing a few other transactions. If I'm not mistaken, he's talking about releasing a new version right after the trade deadline. It may have trades and updated ratings. Personally, I like the earlier versions closer to opening day, because I don't want some teams loaded while others have been cherry picked out of the gate. That's just me though.

There's another hybrid roster about to be released by Willard that has a thread on the roster forum. It looks to be fantastic as well. I'm interested in seeing if these sliders will work on that set.

Tell me what you think and feel free to post stats. We can make adjustments here and there with the assistance of other posters and make this an excellent CPU vs CPU set.
Will do!

Thanks for all your hard work on making these sliders man, I really appreciate it.

I know that the CPU vs. CPU type crowd is a small majority on OS so it's nice to find someone else here who is dedicated to finding a quality slider set.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:14 AM   #8
Rookie

Moved Starter Stamina to 7 and Manager Hook to 4, I've personally found them to be pretty good universal settings. Other than that, I'm really liking these sliders so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »