Home

Next gen madden development

This is a discussion on Next gen madden development within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2019, 10:05 AM   #1
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Next gen madden development

Does anyone know yet what EA’s plan is on the jump to next gen in terms of development? Are they designing a game from the ground up for the ps5/next Xbox or are they using these current gen builds and legacy issues moving forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 10:06 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Next gen madden development

I highly doubt they would start from the ground up. The jump to the next gen console is not going to be like the jumps we've had in the past. Xbox One will play everything that comes out on the new Xbox.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:24 AM   #3
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Hopefully Madden NFL 21 would not like Madden NFL 25 for ps4/Xbox one that had same graphic and gameplay from ps3/Xbox 360. Look at NBA 2k14 that had big leap in graphic and player animations on ps4/Xbox one
Old 07-30-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
Hopefully Madden NFL 21 would not like Madden NFL 25 for ps4/Xbox one that had same graphic and gameplay from ps3/Xbox 360. Look at NBA 2k14 that had big leap in graphic and player animations on ps4/Xbox one

Madden 25 was very different (worse for sure, but not the same graphically or gameplay wise) on the new gen at the time and they released two separate versions of the game that year and still came back with an incredible game in Madden 15 the following year on a short cycle. The key for them will be creating one product during a dev cycle instead of two and i think that's what we will see.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:09 AM   #5
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Madden 25 was very different (worse for sure, but not the same graphically or gameplay wise) on the new gen at the time and they released two separate versions of the game that year and still came back with an incredible game in Madden 15 the following year on a short cycle. The key for them will be creating one product during a dev cycle instead of two and i think that's what we will see.
Yea I don't mind if Madden NFL 21 gonna be same between ps4/Xbox one and ps5/Xbox Scarlett because graphic still look incredible on ps4/Xbox one. EA need to focus more on franchise mode and defense gameplay including overhauled passing coverage for Madden NFL 21 next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 12:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Imo they have got to have a rebuild from the ground up. It’s so long overdo. It’s time.

They said they didn’t want to do a ground up rebuild for the Xbox one and PS4 generations because they wanted to have the first game to come out he feature complete.

And not have a barebones game and have to rebuild all the features and modes again. Like nba2k had too.

But look what’s happened. Gameplay has stayed about the same. As we knew it would without a rebuild. Seems to at least gotten better this year.

But the modes have stayed the same. With very little addition.

But yet within a year nba 2k had passed madden in deep features and modes.

Bottom line is, if they would have rebuilt for this current gen. Gameplay would at least be different. Most likely better. They’d have their own foundation to build off of. Which would lead to quicker implementation. And by now the game modes would be back to where they should be. S

Because with my understanding the reason it’s so hard for them to add stuff. Or why it takes so long. Is because the foundation that was laid for the transition to the Xbox 360 and ps3 generation was terrible. And that’s still the same engine/foundation we’re on now.

Think about it. Our current dev team has to build on top of all the past dev teams work. I’ve heard horror stories about the code in the game. Code that current members don’t even know what it does.

I can’t go through another generation with this same gameplay. I have about quit playing madden entirely. The madden 20 trial is the first time I’ve played it for more than a hour in years. And while the gameplay is certainly better. It’s stil just not there for me yet.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:07 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
Does anyone know yet what EA’s plan is on the jump to next gen in terms of development?
Nope!
Quote:
Are they designing a game from the ground up for the ps5/next Xbox or are they using these current gen builds and legacy issues moving forward.
Madden's current graphics backbone, Frostbite, is designed to be future-proof and cross-platform. Given that Tiburon already did the heavy lifting to get Madden onto Frostbite a couple years ago and that EA generally has pushed all their AAA studios onto Frostbite, I would not get my hopes up for a full-on rebuild for next gen.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:34 PM   #8
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

I hope the plan is to get gameplay right on this gen, then next gen they can focus on everything else. I hope the first Madden on next gen doesn't drop until August of 2021 (Madden 22) no need to spend development time rushing Madden 21 out on next gen consoles but I know that's not the devs decisions, that's up to the suits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »