Home

EA devs need to understand Franchise Mode......

This is a discussion on EA devs need to understand Franchise Mode...... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2019, 07:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA devs need to understand Franchise Mode......

Well, we have players that play Madden in differing ways. I'm mainly a franchise coach player and players like me get super frustrated each year with Madden because they don't seem to grasp what we really would like to have in franchise that doesn't really require significant change. We understand their focus on MUT and other modes, but they simply need to focus on the little things for franchise that would make a significant impact for the mode.

They would be wise to take a page from NBA2K's MYLeague when it comes to player info cards and stats. They need to be updated and not look so basic.

1.The player's season stats should be associated with the team they played for each year.

2. The awards section should only feature major awards, not POTW. Also, it should follow this format after multiple wins of the same award:
NFL MVP - 2020, 2023
Pro Bowl selection - 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2023
AFC Rookie of the Year - 2017
AFC Best RB - 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
AFC Best Offensive Player - 2020, 2023

3. Get rid of the Legacy Leaderboard and feature the Hall of Fame. The legacy point system can stay, but the number to qualify for the HOF is hidden. After players retire, each year would feature names that are eligible and then we find out those that have been selected as the season plays out.

4. Make all CPU games available to be viewed in spectator mode like in Madden 12.

5. Numerous other changes.

Madden 20 franchise shouldn't look so much like 19. If they weren't go to change much of the gameplay with respect to things outside of games, that could have at least made more subtle changes that makes it feel "new" or more expansive. Updating the player cards, stats menu, and adding an actual HOF with detailed player cards, would go a long way in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 08:06 PM   #2
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Re: EA devs need to understand Franchise Mode......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkill1sf

1.The player's season stats should be associated with the team they played for each year.
Spot on with everything, but THIS all day every day every week. i've been a big proponent on getting this done in Franchise. They apply this magically in the main page of the rosters, but can't do it in Franchise? Are you kidding me? Along with per game stats for every player? ESPN can get it done. Why can't EA?
Old 07-30-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

It's not the Developers people need to address, it's marketing and the higher ups.

This is the business process that EA Tibs employs and marketing and higher ups aren't accessible to social media like the developers are on Twitter.

I don't think anyone disagrees that CFM needs more options to the mode, the question is, when will they do it during their process.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:24 PM   #4
Rookie

I couldn't agree more about the really simple things mentioned in the first post - mainly the simple things that always used to exist that showed team name/stats properly from previous seasons in a player card.

I couldn't care less about watching CPU games though (surely you have better things to do with your time??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's not the Developers people need to address, it's marketing and the higher ups.
Why would marketing people have anything to do with something like player stats from previous year in franchise mode not being shown? I don't understand that logic at all.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:34 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercord55
I couldn't agree more about the really simple things mentioned in the first post - mainly the simple things that always used to exist that showed team name/stats properly from previous seasons in a player card.

I couldn't care less about watching CPU games though (surely you have better things to do with your time??)

Why would marketing people have anything to do with something like player stats from previous year in franchise mode not being shown? I don't understand that logic at all.
Two Developers, Ian and the recently departed Rex, both mentioned in interviews after they left that marketing and the higher ups make the decisions on what is implemented in the game.

So, two former Developers that were several years apart both had the same answer.

Coincidence, I think not.

Also, I took this from another thread, but a former Designer that worked on Franchise and CFM had said this in general, about a year agonot verbatim)

AJ was a Designer for franchise mode in Madden during the 12 and 13 years of Madden, which was when they did the switch over to CFM.

Last year, AJ mentioned that old stuff from the good ole days, (mini camp, Bruno, hot dog prices, etc....) didn't bode well with the new technology(CFM) and would break other parts of the game.

I'm not a coder or programmer, but that is why the older features didn't make it into CFM.(this is my quote)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 08:40 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Hopefully they’ll have a shift in their philosophy soon and stop spending so many resources on back of the box features that get scrapped within a year or two like total control passing or long shot.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:46 PM   #7
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

The fact that previous teams still don't show up in the stats section is pretty embarrassing. It seems like something that could just be patched in.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercord55
I have a number of created players spread out in the league and I don't play Madden as a player. I play it as a coach, so I do real time cpu vs cpu games to see how my team plays using my plays and scheme. I want the ability to spectate any game that is on the league schedule just to follow some of my created players or other big games.

Madden 20 is a damn good looking game with much improved animations which make it look realistic. I like setting up games and letting them run which also allows me to step away to take care of other things. At any time I can join the game and make important calls since I have it set to coach mode. I'm in my 40's and I no longer play any of my sports games (NBA, NHL, PES, and FIFA) by taking control of the team or a player. I actually play as a coach and see how the AI play out my strategy.

This allows me to "play" the game and do those "better" things in a timely manner. LOL

Last edited by bugkill1sf; 07-30-2019 at 09:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »