Home

Created player and abilities

This is a discussion on Created player and abilities within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2019, 09:52 PM   #1
Rookie

detroitlions12's Arena

OVR: 0
Created player and abilities

Hey, does anyone know if there will be an editor of some type so we can assign superstar and superstar X factor traits to created players/or any player in the game? Or is there a way to already do that? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2019, 08:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Created player and abilities

Interested to know this as well!
Old 08-02-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

The ingame editor will let you change the player to Superstar or XFactor in Franchise mode but not when just managing the roster from main menu unfortunately. If you play on PC maybe Madden AMP Roster editor will get updated to allow this.

The traits they get are based on what their "Player Archetype" is when they are raised to Superstar or XFactor. What I mean by this take a QB for instance, start a franchise with whatever team that has a QB without Superstar or XFactor currently. Once you are in the franchise go to the manager rosters and View Player. Is the QB a Field General, Strong Arm, Improviser or Scrambler as the far left Archetype? Notate that and then go in and edit the player, make his development trait Superstar XFactor. Save and exit the editor, go back and View Player again, then check the abilities they get.

Now take that same QB, go back in and edit it back down to normal development or star either works. Edit their attributes to make them another Archetype. Exit and save the player, check and make sure the far left Archetype is changed to something else, not what that is. Go back into editor and put them back to Superstart XFactor development. Save and exit the editor, check the play view again and you will see under Abilities they got a different set of them based on the new archetype.

As far as I can tell once the abilities are set by the archetype they are when they first get them they don't change. So if you want your QB to have the XFactor abilities of a Scrambling QB but you want them to actually be a Field General Archetype then you use this method above to edit them to be normal development get them to be a Scrambler archetype, change development to XFactor, get the scrambler abilities. Go back in and edit the attributes but don't touch the development anymore.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #4
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
The ingame editor will let you change the player to Superstar or XFactor in Franchise mode but not when just managing the roster from main menu unfortunately. If you play on PC maybe Madden AMP Roster editor will get updated to allow this.

The traits they get are based on what their "Player Archetype" is when they are raised to Superstar or XFactor. What I mean by this take a QB for instance, start a franchise with whatever team that has a QB without Superstar or XFactor currently. Once you are in the franchise go to the manager rosters and View Player. Is the QB a Field General, Strong Arm, Improviser or Scrambler as the far left Archetype? Notate that and then go in and edit the player, make his development trait Superstar XFactor. Save and exit the editor, go back and View Player again, then check the abilities they get.

Now take that same QB, go back in and edit it back down to normal development or star either works. Edit their attributes to make them another Archetype. Exit and save the player, check and make sure the far left Archetype is changed to something else, not what that is. Go back into editor and put them back to Superstart XFactor development. Save and exit the editor, check the play view again and you will see under Abilities they got a different set of them based on the new archetype.

As far as I can tell once the abilities are set by the archetype they are when they first get them they don't change. So if you want your QB to have the XFactor abilities of a Scrambling QB but you want them to actually be a Field General Archetype then you use this method above to edit them to be normal development get them to be a Scrambler archetype, change development to XFactor, get the scrambler abilities. Go back in and edit the attributes but don't touch the development anymore.
I posted something similar in the main forum, but a workaround to simplify this a bit is to add/switch a profile to player control, choose active player, select who you want and then you can manually choose all the superstar abilities and the xfactor ability.

Retire the player career and the changes stick, so you can continue your franchise like normal
Old 08-03-2019, 01:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock

Interesting. I didn’t know you could edit a players dev trait in Edit Player in Franchise Mode. I’ve been looking for something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #6
Rookie

detroitlions12's Arena

So I know you can edit their dev traits but I want them to have the superstar or superstar X factor abilities right away not after a season of playing. Does editing their dev trait give them those abilities right away?
Old 08-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #7
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlions12
So I know you can edit their dev traits but I want them to have the superstar or superstar X factor abilities right away not after a season of playing. Does editing their dev trait give them those abilities right away?
So this is the best method I have found. Set their development trait to Normal or Star. Edit any of their attributes or traits you want then exit the editor and save what you changed. Now go back in and edit that player again and change them to Superstar or XFactor and save, it will then award the Superstart/XFactor abilities based on that players attributes and archetype.

The reason you have to do it that way is say you take a player that is just 77 overall and Star dev level and you go in and edit them up to 90 overall and turn on XFactor all in the same edit, it doesn't seem to assign the abilities. So in this example you basically have to edit it from 77 to 90 leaving it at Star, save it that way, then edit it again after is 90 overall to Superstar or XFactor. Then the game will give them the abilities.

I'll warn you though having too many Superstar and XFactor players tends to break you sliders because those extra abilities on too many players throws off the balance a bit. They do add some fun to the game though for sure and trying to get your players in the zone is fun.

Last edited by SGMRock; 08-04-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Someone mentioned somewhere else you can only have 3 X Factors on the field at any 1 time. Not sure if that is true though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »