Home

Best Playbooks in Madden 20

This is a discussion on Best Playbooks in Madden 20 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2019, 02:44 PM   #1
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Best Playbooks in Madden 20

I've been playing around with playbooks, mostly testing out new HC playbooks.

So far:

Buffalo Bills: I used this playbook last year. It's quite different. I used it mainly for the RB/TE/FB pass plays. This year, they don't contain much of the same plays i'm used to running like the Texas PB. It's not as efficient like it was last year.

Arizona Cardinals: Lots of WR motions which seems kinda glitchy because when they motion and run their routes, they always seem to be wide open. It's different, but not really my style of play. This PB is catered to a mobile QB with a big arm.

Miami Dolphins: Catered to running. Using this PB, my whole RB committee contributes if I mix in 1st string RB, 3DRB and Power RB. They have a lot of pass plays that sets up these runs.

New England Patriots: My favorite this year. It's a little different, but using this PB, you're going to pass and score a lot. There seems to be a lot more efficient running plays as well in this year's Patriots PB.

Also, the thing with PB this year, is it me or do you have to match up the scheme to the style of the PB? For instance, if you're running a PB that is catered to power run, you have to change your scheme to power run otherwise play selection will be different in Coach's Suggestion.

Edited:

Found a website in case any of you want to check out playbooks without having to go through it via Madden. It's pretty well designed and structured. They're Madden 20 PB even tho the top says 19.

Madden 20 Playbooks

Last edited by prey2god; 08-05-2019 at 01:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Best Playbooks in Madden 20

On offense OAK is pretty damn good this year. It's what I'll be using for at least the first month or two unless a patch radically alters the game.

There's good defense in every book. I never thought I would say this about a Madden game, but it's true.
No matter what you pick you will get at least one base and one nickel formation that have all the stock coverage options available to you.

Picking on defense is going to be more a matter of your game mode/play style, the personnel available to you, and how dedicated you want to be matching guys to certain roles/scheming on D.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:15 PM   #3
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

I may have to dig into Oakland playbook. I been running with the Ravens playbook. Great smash mouth playbook.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:00 AM   #4
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

I am kind of a huge playbook junkie and have been doing a deep dive on them this year while I recreate my I-Bone book again.

The Ravens playbook is currently my favorite stock offense playbook. Very deep power run playbook with a lot of different Alerts and Bubbles. Quite nasty. Even has some designed QB runs.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 08-05-2019, 12:48 AM   #5
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaticus
I am kind of a huge playbook junkie and have been doing a deep dive on them this year while I recreate my I-Bone book again.

The Ravens playbook is currently my favorite stock offense playbook. Very deep power run playbook with a lot of different Alerts and Bubbles. Quite nasty. Even has some designed QB runs.
That's what I'm using with Carolina. I think it represents the Panthers offense a little better than the Panthers book does.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 01:01 AM   #6
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Edited with website of all Madden 20 PBs in first post.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:03 AM   #7
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Baltimore Ravens PB is pretty strong this year. I think this may be my go to for now.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #8
MVP

I have been using the steeler playbook but it is nothing special. I am converting to rhe tampa book. Four four wr sets and gets rid of the fb for an h back. Looks wide open and different than the routine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »