Home

Duplicate Player ID's

This is a discussion on Duplicate Player ID's within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2019, 09:01 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Duplicate Player ID's

Im sure this is old news...but I personally stumbled across this yesterday. But I know over the years a lot of people have had issues in their dynasties at about year 6 after using the dynasty editor with their file no longer loading up in the editor. This was due to the game duplicating players and multiple players having the same ID. Well ive been working on an NCAA 12 roster and I just happened to load it up in tye Madden 12 editor to see what could be done on it...and that editor actually can run a check for duplicated by either Player ID or Name. All these years i didn't know that lol...but man does that save a lot of headache!! Just thought I would pass it along.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2019, 12:00 AM   #2
Rookie

ChubbyD's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Duplicate Player ID's

So here's a dumb question. I did this and found about two dozen dups. But of the dups, only the second player is found in the main roster view (i.e. of the two dups, I can't find the first listed player in the main roster view, but I can find the second named player). So how do you delete the duplicates in Madden editor, or change the PGID of anybody so I can open the dynasty in the NCAA editor again?

*edit* Never mind. I found it. For anyone interested, here's what you do. Go to the third pull down to the right of 'filters', and find the team "new." These are graduated RS Seniors from last year whose only goal in life is messing with your save file. Delete them. All of them. Save your roster, and then you can open your Dynasty file and edit away.

TWITCH FEED: ShotgunFarmer

Last edited by ChubbyD; 08-11-2019 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:51 AM   #3
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyD
So here's a dumb question. I did this and found about two dozen dups. But of the dups, only the second player is found in the main roster view (i.e. of the two dups, I can't find the first listed player in the main roster view, but I can find the second named player). So how do you delete the duplicates in Madden editor, or change the PGID of anybody so I can open the dynasty in the NCAA editor again?
That's a lot of duplicates, but you can't delete players in the editors.

Do you use practice mode with your teams? If 'yes', then your players are re-created and added to the file. They'll have the same PGIDs, but their TGID will either be in the 300s or 400s. They will basically sit in the file and never be removed. You can still edit the file, but I haven't seen where it will affect gameplay.

With your duplicates, it isn't always easy as assigning a different PGID. You need to match an unassigned PGID with the proper team and TGID.

As always, back up your file before you make changes. And take notes of all your moves and assigned PGIDs and TGIDs.

For example, you have two LSU (TGID: 45) players with the same PGID. Both players are supposed to be on LSU. LSU players have a PGID range between 3150 and 3219. You have to assign the lowest unused number in that range to one of the players.

Another example, you have two BYU (TGID: 16) players with the same PGID. Player A is supposed to be on BYU, but Player B is supposed to be on Air Force (TGID: 1). The Player B will need to have the lowest unused PGID in Air Force's range (70-139).

If you don't notice the pattern in PGIDs and TGIDs, the PGID range can be figured out by the following formula*
TGID x 70 = first PGID for that TGID
first PGID + 69 = last PGID for that TGID
*I haven't looked at TeamBuilder PGIDs, so I don't know if this formula holds true

Using the formula:
Akron (TGID: 2) would have a PGID range of 140-209
Minnesota (TGID: 54) would have a PGID range of 3780-3849

Last edited by JHamilton9; 08-11-2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: whoops... typed in the wrong formula
Old 08-11-2019, 08:12 AM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyD

*edit* Never mind. I found it. For anyone interested, here's what you do. Go to the third pull down to the right of 'filters', and find the team "new." These are graduated RS Seniors from last year whose only goal in life is messing with your save file. Delete them. All of them. Save your roster, and then you can open your Dynasty file and edit away.

You got it! Its a life saver for your dynasty...especially when you get to that year 5 and 6 range.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:16 AM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
That's a lot of duplicates, but you can't delete players in the editors.

Do you use practice mode with your teams? If 'yes', then your players are re-created and added to the file. They'll have the same PGIDs, but their TGID will either be in the 300s or 400s. They will basically sit in the file and never be removed. You can still edit the file, but I haven't seen where it will affect gameplay.

With your duplicates, it isn't always easy as assigning a different PGID. You need to match an unassigned PGID with the proper team and TGID.

As always, back up your file before you make changes. And take notes of all your moves and assigned PGIDs and TGIDs.

For example, you have two LSU (TGID: 45) players with the same PGID. Both players are supposed to be on LSU. LSU players have a PGID range between 3081 and 3150. You have to assign the lowest unused number in that range to one of the players.

Another example, you have two BYU (TGID: 16) players with the same PGID. Player A is supposed to be on BYU, but Player B is supposed to be on Air Force (TGID: 1). The Player B will need to have the lowest unused PGID in Air Force's range (1-70).

If you don't notice the pattern in PGIDs and TGIDs, the PGID range can be figured out by the following formula*
TGID x 70 = highest PGID for that TGID
highest PGID - 69 = lowest PGID for that TGID
*I haven't looked at TeamBuilder PGIDs, so I don't know if this formula holds true

Using the formula:
Akron (TGID: 2) would have a PGID range of 71-140
Minnesota (TGID: 54) would have a PGID range of 3711-3780
Yes you can. You can do it using either the Madden editor or dynasty editor. Ive made a couple of different roster conversions after simming dynasty for 5 years and each time the roster had duplicates that caused the game to freeze. Once I went in a deleted the duplicates and ran test dynasties it fixed the issue. You can def delete duplicates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #6
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Yes you can. You can do it using either the Madden editor or dynasty editor. Ive made a couple of different roster conversions after simming dynasty for 5 years and each time the roster had duplicates that caused the game to freeze. Once I went in a deleted the duplicates and ran test dynasties it fixed the issue. You can def delete duplicates.
Wow. Every time I right click and delete a player and then save the file, I can't re-open and edit the players. I get the "unhandled expression error," but I can edit recruits, bowls, coaches, etc.

I need to take a closer look at this. The file I'm currently working on is a NCAA 12 file for PS3.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:50 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
Wow. Every time I right click and delete a player and then save the file, I can't re-open and edit the players. I get the "unhandled expression error," but I can edit recruits, bowls, coaches, etc.

I need to take a closer look at this. The file I'm currently working on is a NCAA 12 file for PS3.

Hmmm that's interesting. The roster i'm working on now is an NCAA 12 roster. I just happened to stumble across the duplicate check with the Madden editor and it saved a lot of work and time lol. Mine is for the 360. I wonder why you're getting the exception? Have you tried the Madden editor?
Old 08-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Hmmm that's interesting. The roster i'm working on now is an NCAA 12 roster. I just happened to stumble across the duplicate check with the Madden editor and it saved a lot of work and time lol. Mine is for the 360. I wonder why you're getting the exception? Have you tried the Madden editor?
Where can I get the madden editor?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »