Home

So finally fixed Madden micro stutter and now the game is heaven

This is a discussion on So finally fixed Madden micro stutter and now the game is heaven within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2019, 10:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
So finally fixed Madden micro stutter and now the game is heaven

So I have a super high end PC which is new

I built it myself with the following specs

Asus Strix RTX 2080ti OC edition
I9 9900K OC to 4.8
2x M.2 Samsung SSD 512gb
Asus Maximus Hero Mother Board (Meant for OC)
Corsair Hydro AIO CPU water cooler
Corsair Vengence 3200hz 4x 8gb total of 32gb of Ram

Monitor Asus 165hz GSYNC IPS panel

I was maxing out Madden on ULTRA but setting DSR to 4K and Nvidia Control Panel to Super Sample 8x and turned of MSAA in game due to glitch with kick meter and play art.

I was getting gameplay that was super smooth hovering around 120 to 140 during gameplay

What was killing me was the stutter when it went to replay or cutscenes that showed I was getting 100fps and still stuttering.

It was terrible and I even locked the FPS to 60 which defeats the purpose of the monitor and specs of pc. But stutters still occured

Then I went back to the Nvidia Control Panel and for Madden I selected

Maximum pre-rendered frames which is defaulted to (Use 3D application setting)

I changed it to 1 and it fixed the whole stuttering. Now I can max Ultra everything and even if crowd at Ultra dips the FPS in panning shots to 75 or so it does not stutter due to Gsync.

It plays and looks amazing now.

Give it a shot and if you have a lower end pc and need to play at 60fps or even a bit less than 60 put it at 4 as it will increase the smoothness of the game play

This setting basically makes your CPU prepare a frame for the GPU to process and at 1 it makes it less stuttery due to high end specs. Lower end specs with 4 increases the smoothness when you deal with low fps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2019, 10:55 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: So finally fixed Madden micro stutter and now the game is heaven

Thank you for this!
Old 08-08-2019, 12:01 PM   #3
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Setting pre-rendering setting to 4 greatly improved frame rates but I'm still getting stuttering audio though it's not as bad as before. Thank you. I'm still not seeing play art though.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:07 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Setting pre-rendering setting to 4 greatly improved frame rates but I'm still getting stuttering audio though it's not as bad as before. Thank you. I'm still not seeing play art though.
This would not fix audio and missing play art is tied to using MSAA in game. Put it at FXAA or turn it off and the play art comes back
Old 08-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #5
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
This would not fix audio and missing play art is tied to using MSAA in game. Put it at FXAA or turn it off and the play art comes back
I have MSAA off ingame (FXAA on) and I have FXAA on in NVidia Control Panel and still no play art Xx. Can I ask what your Nvidia panel settings are?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
I have MSAA off ingame (FXAA on) and I have FXAA on in NVidia Control Panel and still no play art Xx. Can I ask what your Nvidia panel settings are?
That is strange because MSAA2x or 4x is what causes the play art to disappear as well as the kick meter.

I will post them when I get home
Old 08-08-2019, 05:47 PM   #7
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
This is what I have set in my NVidia CP and In game. Results may very based on your system horsepower.

Just for reference my system specs
Spoiler

My Settings
Spoiler

With this I have no issues with the game at all and no issues with graphics disappearing like kick meter or play art. If I had MSAA 2x or 4x turned on in game I would lose them. Again not saying my stuff is the best way, its just how I run the game and I think it looks very good with this setup.

Last edited by SGMRock; 08-08-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:50 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

so EA hasnt release anything official yet on this micro stuttering and game freeze issue yet.
Every game on my PC runs smooth except Madden 20. Madden 19 runs smooth also. very impatient and Im done with Madden 20, requesting a refund for the Origins Access.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »