Home

Madden NFL 20: Scenario Engine Thoughts

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20: Scenario Engine Thoughts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 20: Scenario Engine Thoughts

During the beta, we saw the reporter before the first preseason game and then she disappeared. Other than that, the majority of us only saw the messages about x-factors, which i barely credit as part of the scenario engine because they are not dynamic. They're the same every time.

At that time, those of us who complained about how minimal the implementation of this big ticket addition to CFM were met with "this is just the beta" and "this is an old build" responses guaranteeing that the final product would have much more implementation of the scenario engine.

I'm in Year 2 of my CFM and I'm near the end of Year 1 in QB1 and the scenario engine has gone missing in both. I haven't seen a single scenario (outside of the xfactor stuff that is boring and repetitive) since week 6 of either of them. Nothing. I had a rookie win Offensive POY and another win Defensive POY last year and guess what... no scenarios the whole year about them. No "breakout player" scenarios that we kept hearing about.

I'm curious to hear what everyone else's impressions are because I feel like it's a quasi-scam at this point. All of these big promises have fallen 90% flat for this scenario engine. Even the scenarios that i did encounter like the Get your WR the ball one didn't work right. WR wants to be more involved so i give him 10 catches, 150 yds, 2 tds... after the game is he psyched? Nope. Mad that I didn't give him a chance to contribute. I had an RB in QB1 upset about a lack of touches so the goal was to get him 100 combined rushing/receiving yards. He had 150 combined and 2 tds and after the game he apologized for not producing. So even when these 2 scenarios have triggered they aren't working properly. But to only have 2 real scenarios trigger in nearly 3 years of CFM is ridiculous.

What is your experience with it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 20: Scenario Engine Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
During the beta, we saw the reporter before the first preseason game and then she disappeared. Other than that, the majority of us only saw the messages about x-factors, which i barely credit as part of the scenario engine because they are not dynamic. They're the same every time.

At that time, those of us who complained about how minimal the implementation of this big ticket addition to CFM were met with "this is just the beta" and "this is an old build" responses guaranteeing that the final product would have much more implementation of the scenario engine.

I'm in Year 2 of my CFM and I'm near the end of Year 1 in QB1 and the scenario engine has gone missing in both. I haven't seen a single scenario (outside of the xfactor stuff that is boring and repetitive) since week 6 of either of them. Nothing. I had a rookie win Offensive POY and another win Defensive POY last year and guess what... no scenarios the whole year about them. No "breakout player" scenarios that we kept hearing about.

I'm curious to hear what everyone else's impressions are because I feel like it's a quasi-scam at this point. All of these big promises have fallen 90% flat for this scenario engine. Even the scenarios that i did encounter like the Get your WR the ball one didn't work right. WR wants to be more involved so i give him 10 catches, 150 yds, 2 tds... after the game is he psyched? Nope. Mad that I didn't give him a chance to contribute. I had an RB in QB1 upset about a lack of touches so the goal was to get him 100 combined rushing/receiving yards. He had 150 combined and 2 tds and after the game he apologized for not producing. So even when these 2 scenarios have triggered they aren't working properly. But to only have 2 real scenarios trigger in nearly 3 years of CFM is ridiculous.

What is your experience with it?
it feel boring experience, repetitive and same words over again to me. EA need to get rid of it in Madden 21 next year.. it is not good for everyone who don't like it
Old 08-06-2019, 11:40 AM   #3
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Honestly, I have already ran through a bunch of test sims to gauge sim stats and progression. That was probably a mistake. My biggest fear has been realized and I am seeing the same 5 or 6 scenarios over and over again and quite frankly it's already feeling a bit stale already. Two weeks in and I am already losing that itch to play daily outside of when I have nothing else to do and want to down a couple of beers. The mode is as shallow as it ever has been. I am hopeful however as he devs have said they will be adding scenarios throughout the year so let's see. The scenario engine works well when it is implemented and thankfully none of the development trait scenarios are to easy to get. But yeah, definitely feels like it was something they added at the last minute or at least very late in the development cycle

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 08-06-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:42 AM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
it feel boring experience, repetitive and same words over again to me. EA need to get rid of it in Madden 21 next year.. it is not good for everyone who don't like it
Um no. Just no. Madden has a history of introducing features and abandoning them. This is the last thing they should with the scenario engine. While it's not fully fleshed out yet it should be built on and expanded upon.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
There's a great idea, let's take a feature that could potentially breathe life in to franchise mode and instead of build upon it let's just get rid of it, that's the spirit.

While I'm just as disappointed as the next person in the implementation of the scenario engine and am still in disbelief that a feature they used as a selling point could be so bare bones at release. At least now we have the framework for something there that they can now build and expand upon. I just hope they actually do instead of getting rid of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 11:53 AM   #6
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Um no. Just no. Madden has a history of introducing features and abandoning them. This is the last thing they should with the scenario engine. While it's not fully fleshed out yet it should be built on and expanded upon.
Would refer they replaced it with dynamic news regarding the league and actual complete stat tracking, rather than user team limited stuff about player x wanting the ball more or the coordinator pointing out the other team has a good player.

I'd MUCH rather have league wide presentation than the scenario engine. Give me a season roundup ESPN show, for example, at the start of the playoffs. And a Super Bowl Pregame.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:05 PM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I agree with you guys that this is a great idea, but just pathetic implementation. It has the potential to add depth to the mode, but is a complete bust at this point. It's honestly surprising that they added it in with how minimal the execution has been. It's embarrassing for them to sell this as much as they did when it is as lame as it is. They had to know they were overselling it.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #8
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Would refer they replaced it with dynamic news regarding the league and actual complete stat tracking, rather than user team limited stuff about player x wanting the ball more or the coordinator pointing out the other team has a good player.

I'd MUCH rather have league wide presentation than the scenario engine. Give me a season roundup ESPN show, for example, at the start of the playoffs. And a Super Bowl Pregame.
I Agree. And would prefer something like also. But that would require them to start from scratch again. And madden doesn't have a great track record when starting from scratch. Scenario engine at least is already there so it can built upon instead of starting from the ground up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »